It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith VS Science & Athiests

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

Why is a free Jewish state important?

A free Jewish state is great but what I question is how they treat the people who were originally on that land especially after a promise was made that those people would not be persecuted in any way, shape or form. What the Israeli government does to those people is nothing less than evil. What makes it more Ironic is that we have this Jewish state yet it's run by secular politicians. You do understand that this is against the Jewish teachings to start with?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

I say he died and common observation says that people who have been dead for over a week generally don't come back from it.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

Still not sure what that has to do with the topic...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by 168617

Are you seriously trying to claim that the Bible is scientifically accurate. Because if you are then you're going to have a shock coming your way.

Are you claiming it says something that contradicts Science if so quote the verse, explain how your interpret it, and then tell us how it contradicts science.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

I say he died and common observation says that people who have been dead for over a week generally don't come back from it.

What makes you think he is going to be the same person? Even Buddhist leaders sometimes proclaim they are the re-incarnation of a previous Lama... Cant the same happen in other philosophy's? All it takes is one person.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

What makes you think he is going to be the same person? Even Buddhist leaders sometimes proclaim they are the re-incarnation of a previous Lama... Cant the same happen in other philosophy's? All it takes is one person.

Where is the bible does it say Jesus is going to reincarnate? Or are we not using the bible as an authority?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

It says that the world was completely flooded and that a man parted a sea with a staff, both are claims that contradict science because the geological record contradicts the first account and the second one violates the laws of physics. We can play this game all day too. But miracles aside, there is also no archaeological record of millions of people crossing the desert, leaving Egypt.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

Where is the bible does it say Jesus is going to reincarnate? Or are we not using the bible as an authority?

Well I'll use the 12 Imam's of Islam as an example. Obviously there is only one Imam left, the 12th and there is even a mystery surrounding where this person will come from. But if you look back over Islamic history you will find that the other 11 were all people. So going off history, it would be logical that the 12th Imam was not going to be some spiritual entity but a human being. If we were to look at Jesus in Islam, he was nothing more than a Prophet, the same as Muhammad. So the question is, Does the Bible actually tell the reader that he is coming on a white horse from the sky or is there a different meaning to what is being described? The truth is anyone can make an assumption, I am not denying that but my personal view is that he will be born on earth and what he does from there, he does. The Jesus in the Bible is more like a superhuman Idol with Paganism added and again that is just my point of view.
edit on 9-4-2014 by 168617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb
Are you claiming it says something that contradicts Science if so quote the verse, explain how your interpret it, and then tell us how it contradicts science.

Well, there's the whole Flood story. Which appears to have been pinched from the Gilgamesh flood myth and which is also impossible. There's the little fact that god apparently made light before he made the Sun. Oh and the Earth before the Sun. There's the issue of Joshua stopping the sun in its tracks during the siege of Jericho. Oh and Pi is not '3'.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

You brought up the Jewish State, I answered the question.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

no, you brought it up with that 1901 thing. And I questioned the relevance of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

no, you brought it up with that 1901 thing. And I questioned the relevance of it.

The relevance can be answered through the Bible and Islam. It cannot be answered by science, that's a 100% undeniable fact. Just check out the 2520 year prophecy which ends in 1914. Remember, that's exactly what the 1903 thing is about. Read it all though.

Though others may believe it's wrong, it is actually very accurate through biblical chronology.

2520 years

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

And clearly, that does a lot of good for the rest of the world. Disease, famine, starvation, murder, theft, rape, lies and manipulation, forced ignorance, etc. All still very much alive and well. I don't give a rat's furry business end about prophecies. I like live results, demonstrable benefits that help everyone everywhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

It's like a Christian thinking a flying spaghetti blob is going to save them when the end of the world comes round to get them.

Instead, they should have absolute faith that when the end comes, it will be heralded by a 2,000-year-old corpse on a white horse floating down from the sky. Right?

Historical evidence for the Resurrection:

(I) There are four historical facts which must be explained by any adequate historical hypothesis:
o Jesus’ burial
o the discovery of his empty tomb
o his post-mortem appearances
o the origin of the disciples’ belief in his resurrection.
Now, let’s look at that first contention more closely. I want to share four facts which are widely accepted by historians today.

Fact #1: After his crucifixion Jesus was buried by Joseph of Arimathea in a tomb.

Fact #2: On the Sunday after the crucifixion, Jesus’ tomb was found empty by a group of his women followers.

Fact #3: On different occasions and under various circumstances different individuals and groups of people experienced appearances of Jesus alive from the dead.

Fact #4: The original disciples suddenly and sincerely came to believe that Jesus was risen from the dead despite their having every predisposition to the contrary.

www.reasonablefaith.org...

Its a good little debate. It has both sides of the argument. Bart Ehrman does the rebuttals.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

And clearly, that does a lot of good for the rest of the world. Disease, famine, starvation, murder, theft, rape, lies and manipulation, forced ignorance, etc. All still very much alive and well. I don't give a rat's furry business end about prophecies. I like live results, demonstrable benefits that help everyone everywhere.

Yeah well that wont come in a hurry with the NAZI's currently running the show. Oh and ignorance?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Oh please. I started reading your link and the first thing it does to call its statements facts is source the bible. In fact that is the ONLY thing it sources. How can you determine the validity of the bible by using the bible as your only source?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

Yeah well that wont come in a hurry with the NAZI's currently running the show. Oh and ignorance?

What Nazis?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I didn't follow, but give it up - those who still believe in Nazis and that anyone talking about unknown topics would believe in gods won't learn so quickly and have to progress on their own

I saw you guys talking about the story of the flood, so I'll tell you an even older version, 9000+ years old, and even tell you why the story is in your religious books.

One day one of the star people who lived together with the people of the earth told one who lived on a mountain to turn his wooden house into a ship, a flood would come. He should take animals and plants on board.

The same place where this story comes from basically conquered the whole planet through Babylon->Greece->Romans->France/England->US/EU->Asia->Africa.
While doing that they enforced new religions, controlling systems, money and old slavery.
Their enemies had no weapons at first, didn't work. Later, after knowing about it defended by building castles.
Sometimes the religions were changed -> new ones made. Star people were turned into gods and angels.
The story of Babylon changed, mixed with texts of wise men (prophets), again changed and poems/songs added.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
reply to post by 168617

What Nazis?

What is it with you people? I tell you what, how about you want this documentary and then come back to me and say what NAZI's. Here's your Messiah.... And that's only up until 1848

And here's the teaching's of the Babylonian Talmud

Benefits that will help everyone. Remembering that regardless of what you believe you are a Gentile.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The Rothshild are basically the children of the conquerors and the money system creators, staying in power by exponential money increase.
Of course that and the Zionists don't represent the Jews, thereby I do not see Nazis. The Zionists brutally forced Jewish people into Israel during the Hitler times and, according to wiki, murdered someone who agreed to let people from German prison camps who didn't leave the country after many years come to their country and exchanged a lot of letters between politicians and became Israels rulers and military leaders. They then murdered/starved out millions of Palestines to make their area surrounded by walls and turrets smaller. Obviously that guy in the 2nd video was consumed by hate though, not seeing that the books do not represent all people related to a group.
edit on 9-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join