It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith VS Science & Athiests

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I thought you were done but since your here,

I was .. but, god help me, I couldn't resist responding to something so absurd.

do you have any sources to back your opinion?

1 - It's not opinion. It's fact.
2 - Sources? Really? You need a source to prove that people have miscarried for thousands and thousands of years and that the gestation of humans has been well known for that amount of time? You need a source to prove that the ancient Egyptians worked with dead bodies and knew the human anatomy very well? You need a source to prove that the Summerians and Egyptians knew math inside and out and even plotted the heavens? You need a source to know that people lie and always have? You need a source to know that people have always drank alcohol and always will?

This is all basic knowledge .. taught at an 8th grade level.

Serious question ... did you go to school? (not everyone does) This is basic stuff. So is the fact that natural selection takes generations and generations and isn't seen under a microscope instantly.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

AngryCymraeg

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by 168617

I see that you're not even denying that the fact that you're trolling.

You should check out all those historical facts from the Qur'an.. Maybe even ask yourself where Western science originated from because it wasn't a bunch of English Pagans sitting around at Stonehenge.

The English didn't build Stonehenge, so I'm not sure where you're going with this one.

I didn't say they built it... How about you re-read what I said.

Yes, but what you said made no sense. Please clarify it. What possibly could connect English people with pagans and with Stonehenge???

Because English people in the early days were Pagans and Stonehenge is in England. It's called logic.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The Roman's back in the day were not based in Rome... They were in Constantinople which is Turkey. So you shouldn't take the word "Roman" literally. It probably alludes to a society which is based on Roman Civilisation which today is. have a guess?

??????? Whut? Eh? Translation please? Are you referring to the Byzantine Empire, which regrettably died in the Fifteenth Century?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Because English people in the early days were Pagans and Stonehenge is in England. It's called logic.

Well, yes, the English were Pagans. About 1,500 years ago. And when Stonehenge was built the English were living in forests in Germany. These are what we call 'facts'. Logic that has no facts isn't logic, it's conjecture.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It's called logic.

How about using some of that supposed logic of yours ....

- Humans have miscarried at different stages of pregnancy for hundreds of thousands of years. The stages were well known. There is no 'revelation' in the Qu'ran about this. It was common knowledge.

- Humans knew math and the stars for thousands of years before Islam showed up. The Summerians and Egyptians plotted courses and wrote them down. So did the Mayans and Incans.

- Humans have always lied. It's not 'prophecy' to say that they'll still be telling lies.

- Humans have always lusted. It's not 'prophecy' to stay that they''ll still be lusting.

- Women have ALWAYS outnumbered men. It's not 'prophecy' to say that they still will.

Common sense. LOGIC.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with pretty much all of your rebuttals but you left out:

- Women who are clothed yet naked - undeniable

and

- Wild animals and inanimate objects will speak to us - TV, GPS, Sesame street etc - undeniable

While I'd say it's a stretch that "wild animals" are speaking to us, you could say inanimate objects are. Not through TV or Sesame Street (that one made me laugh) but even crude A.I. is getting pretty close - if not already there.

As for "clothed yet naked women" ... the Quran predicted yoga pants! God is great!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

That's a pretty bad source to use when trying to show rights against women in Iran because the source further states the below

Women make up around 65% of university students currently, and this statistic has generally been perceived as a driving force behind enforcing the new policy. Some of the disciplines that will become single gender (aka male) include English literature, English translation, electrical engineering, business management, and computer science, the Telegraph notes.

I think that is great that 65% of the university students in Iran are women. But why are they stopping he woman from doing these studies?

Oil Industrial University plans to stop accepting female students completely, citing a lack of demand for female graduates. Isfahan University also cited jobless female graduates as a rationale for barring them from its engineering degree program.

There is a lack of demand for woman in that field.

So two different arguments have dominated the decision to block women from university. One posits that the ratio of students in universities needs to be equal, rather than a dominating 65% of women. The other rationale posits that female graduates are unwanted in the workforce. Both arguments inherently suggest that women should be wives and mothers rather than career-focused.

And the above is just pure bs. It doesn't mean they aren't wanted in the workforce, it just means that they are not suitable for the jobs that are being asked of in that field.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

The Roman's back in the day were not based in Rome... They were in Constantinople which is Turkey. So you shouldn't take the word "Roman" literally. It probably alludes to a society which is based on Roman Civilisation which today is. have a guess?

??????? Whut? Eh? Translation please? Are you referring to the Byzantine Empire, which regrettably died in the Fifteenth Century?

See this is where you people are blind.. You think religion is meant to be taken literally and that is where you are mistaken. The prophecy was written 1400 years ago. In Mohammad's day the Roman's were based in Constantinople. Are the Roman's still in Constantinople? No, so they are somewhere else and it isn't the Byzantine Empire either. It could be a country based off Roman Civilisation...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

See this is where you people are blind.. You think religion is meant to be taken literally and that is where you are mistaken. The prophecy was written 1400 years ago. In Mohammad's day the Roman's were based in Constantinople. Are the Roman's still in Constantinople? No, so they are somewhere else and it isn't the Byzantine Empire either. It could be a country based off Roman Civilisation...

No, Constantinople was the capital of the Byzantine Empire, which used to be the East Roman Empire. Rome was still Rome. Which is in Italy. I can draw you a map if you like.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I think that is great that 65% of the university students in Iran are women.

Yes, they can get their degrees in art history or child care. But not in the fields like biology and medicine and engineering .. the fields that make them self sufficient.

That's absurd. A persons genitals don't determine if they can think clearly enough to be a biologist, chemist, doctor, or engineer. ABILITY determines demand. Not sex organs. Or at least, in a just and decent society, it does.

it just means that they are not suitable for the jobs that are being asked of in that field.

Women are 'suitable' as biologists and chemists and engineers. My own daughter is going to school for engineering. To claim that women aren't 'suitable' to be those things is misogyny. It's paranoia by the men that, once women can make their own $$, the women won't want the men. (and frankly, I wouldn't blame the women for dumping the idiots who are trying to control them like that)

There is no rational or logical excuse for the Iranian government to ban women from fields of study.
It's misogynistic control of men over women .. using religion as an excuse.
edit on 4/16/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

I could make a 'prophecy' that Russia will invade the Ukraine in a land grab attempt.
I could make a 'prophecy' that China will overtake the USA as the main financial world giant.

That doesn't make me a prophet of God. It just means I can see what is happening in the world at this time and draw a logical conclusion. Ditto your 'Rome prophecy' for Muhammads time.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

FlyersFan

It's called logic.

How about using some of that supposed logic of yours ....

- Humans have miscarried at different stages of pregnancy for hundreds of thousands of years. The stages were well known. There is no 'revelation' in the Qu'ran about this. It was common knowledge.

You may be right about civilisations understanding these things prior to the Qur'an but how long did it take for modern science to catch up to something which was known 1400 years ago? If everyone else knew, why did it take western society so long to catch up?

- Humans knew math and the stars for thousands of years before Islam showed up. The Summerians and Egyptians plotted courses and wrote them down. So did the Mayans and Incans.

The Sumerians were the first civilisation to use math's, but still, they were based in the Middle East and are likely the descendants of Muslims, big deal.

- Humans have always lied. It's not 'prophecy' to say that they'll still be telling lies.

That is a narrow minded answer.

- Humans have always lusted. It's not 'prophecy' to stay that they''ll still be lusting.

And another narrow minded, unenlightened answer.

- Women have ALWAYS outnumbered men. It's not 'prophecy' to say that they still will.

Well maybe there is more meaning to it than you can see.

Common sense. LOGIC.

No, the Qur'an saying don't take Jews and Christians as your friends is common sense and logic.
edit on 16-4-2014 by 168617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by 168617

I could make a 'prophecy' that Russia will invade the Ukraine in a land grab attempt.
I could make a 'prophecy' that China will overtake the USA as the main financial world giant.

That doesn't make me a prophet of God. It just means I can see what is happening in the world at this time and draw a logical conclusion. Ditto your 'Rome prophecy' for Muhammads time.

With that though, there are some things you will never see because you wont allow yourself to see them. So what about Jesus? Was he just checking out what happened in the world before someone added some bs story to make him something he never actually was?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You're right. I even stated as much when I said that he wasn't worth talking to because he has no intention of trying to learn anything and just wants us to post information that he can ridicule like 3 pages ago. It's a shame really. The caliber of evolution skeptics used to be much better on this site.

I want to see proof that two animals have come together to create another species of animal. That's all I ask and you cannot do it. Probably because it's impossible.

Well than you have never read the first thing about evolution and you obviously dont want to learn. Geez seriously. Why wont you read a book about something before you try to argue about what it is.

Actually you can watch evolution take place in hundreds of labs around the world. Less complex organisms take less time to evolve. Bacteria and viruses can adapt and change very fast because they are far less complex than plants and animals.

www.newscientist.com...

Here is a good article to start with.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

That's a pretty bad source to use when trying to show rights against women in Iran because the source further states the below

Women make up around 65% of university students currently, and this statistic has generally been perceived as a driving force behind enforcing the new policy. Some of the disciplines that will become single gender (aka male) include English literature, English translation, electrical engineering, business management, and computer science, the Telegraph notes.

I think that is great that 65% of the university students in Iran are women. But why are they stopping he woman from doing these studies?

Oil Industrial University plans to stop accepting female students completely, citing a lack of demand for female graduates. Isfahan University also cited jobless female graduates as a rationale for barring them from its engineering degree program.

So two different arguments have dominated the decision to block women from university. One posits that the ratio of students in universities needs to be equal, rather than a dominating 65% of women. The other rationale posits that female graduates are unwanted in the workforce. Both arguments inherently suggest that women should be wives and mothers rather than career-focused.

And the above is just pure bs. It doesn't mean they aren't wanted in the workforce, it just means that they are not suitable for the jobs that are being asked of in that field.

Not suitable for thinking jobs? What it means is that they still segregate men and women in the work place. The men in that culture dont want to be around women at work. They dont want intelligent women in the work place. They dont want a woman as their boss. They dont want a woman correcting them or even seeing them make a mistake. They cant control their natural sexual thoughts and having women at work place makes them think about sex. Which is all but forbidden on the surface of their culture.

Its getting better in some places and worse in some others.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Woodcarver

I want to see proof that two animals have come together to create another species of animal. That's all I ask and you cannot do it. Probably because it's impossible.

What about a mule? Would that count?

A mule is the offspring of a male donkey and a female horse. Horses and donkeys are different species, with different numbers of chromosomes. - wikipedia

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

That is not a good example as a mule is sterile and cannot reproduce. Same goes with ligers. Except they are made with magic.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Woodcarver

Krazysh0t
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You're right. I even stated as much when I said that he wasn't worth talking to because he has no intention of trying to learn anything and just wants us to post information that he can ridicule like 3 pages ago. It's a shame really. The caliber of evolution skeptics used to be much better on this site.

Well than you have never read the first thing about evolution and you obviously dont want to learn. Geez seriously. Why wont you read a book about something before you try to argue about what it is.

Actually you can watch evolution take place in hundreds of labs around the world. Less complex organisms take less time to evolve. Bacteria and viruses can adapt and change very fast because they are far less complex than plants and animals.

www.newscientist.com...

Here is a good article to start with.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

Geez you really showed me how wrong I was.. I mean he has turned bacteria into another form of bacteria, sorry for questioning the authority of natural evolution... Maybe I should go drink some petrol and I'll turn into a pumpkin?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It's misogynistic control of men over women .. using religion as an excuse.

O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I don't know whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.
O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers.
All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not astray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

Religion & it's Messengers are not to blame at all...
It's radical zealots who do not understand...
So when they claim Religion says so, tell them "No...it's does not, & never has!!!"

Peace Flyers!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Geez you really showed me how wrong I was.. I mean he has turned bacteria into another form of bacteria, sorry for questioning the authority of natural evolution... Maybe I should go drink some petrol and I'll turn into a pumpkin?

Given that you don't want to be bothered with tricky stuff like, oh I don't know, opening a book about Evolution and gaining some knowledge, I don't think that you're in a position to ask questions about Evolution.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join