It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Sector Attempt Storm Kiev Supreme Court

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Situation in Ukraine look more and more like a civil war in making.
reply to post by demus

That was the US and the West's plan all along. It's one of their favorite excuses for military intervention.

Same old same old....rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

deadcalm

Situation in Ukraine look more and more like a civil war in making.
reply to post by demus

That was the US and the West's plan all along. It's one of their favorite excuses for military intervention.

Same old same old....rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

what about Russia?

did they just observe and took advantage of a situation or they were as well participating in "West's plan"?

my question is:

is Putin/Russia making moves that surprise Western leaders or they all working together (on highest level) for the benefit of all sides (except Ukraine)?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

what about Russia?
reply to post by demus

Russia had nothing to do with starting the unrest in the Ukraine. They are doing what any country would in this situation....looking to their own security and that of their people.

did they just observe and took advantage of a situation or they were as well participating in "West's plan"?

They have reacted to Western and NATO agression on their borders. They have taken advantage of nothing. They have played the hand they were dealt by the West.

They are most certainly not part of the West's plan...and least not in the sense you imply.

is Putin/Russia making moves that surprise Western leaders

I think the West is surprised that there is so much pro-Russian sentiment inside the Ukraine. I don't think they expected that. They also underestimated Putin's willingness to call them out for their interference.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

I can agree to a certain extent.
would you say that Putin knew/was predicting what will happen in Ukraine since few months ago so there was already a plan that was to be executed after it happens (coup in Kiev)?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

would you say that Putin knew/was predicting what will happen in Ukraine
reply to post by demus

I cannot say what Putin knew...or when he knew it.

Let's look at the facts...not Western spun propaganda.

There was an illegal coup in the Ukraine in which far right wing fascists seized control of the government, deposing a democratically elected government.

It has been clearly shown, once again I might add, that the West started this by giving material and logistical aid to far right wing ultra nationalist fascists to overthrow the Ukrainian government.

Seeing this taking place, Putin made a move to protect Russias military assets and large ethnic Russian population in the Crimea. There was no invasion of the Crimea....the Russians were there legally. Remember that the first act of the fascists was to ban the Rusiian language in the Ukraine.

The Crimean people....seeing the writing on the wall...voted overwhelmingly to rejoin Russia. They saw it as righting an historic wrong. Being part of the Ukraine was thrust upon them without their input or consent.

Thus far...Russia has made absolutely no move into Ukraine proper...instead positioning soldiers and military assets on the Ukrainian border to assure that this mess doesn't spill over into Russia....which it easily could have.

In summary....Putin is doing what he has to to ensure that Russia's assets, national interests and people are being protected. He has done nothing as far as I can tell to warrant the sanctions and rhetoric coming from NATO and the West.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

do you think "crimean scenario" will happen in cities and region where people are currently revolting?

I think it could be possible that the regions vote independence, ask to join Russia and Russia accept them into Federation without Putin actually sending Russian military (at least openly) to the regions.

after they're accepted into Russia, Putin would assume full control by sending military and establishing civil order.

The West would be left with western Ukraine facing bankrupt.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i think its a toss up as too what Putin will do.

or

still pretty much the same.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

hilarious.
I am actually surprised by extent of influence Putin's public appearance has on the whole situation.

at moments it really seems like "some" opposing politicians from conflicting countries are scared of the guy.

maybe they know something (else) that we don't know about Putin?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

do you think "crimean scenario" will happen in cities and region where people are currently revolting?
reply to post by demus

It is already happening in the eastern Ukraine as we speak. The people are calling for a referendum. The ultra nationalist fascists are cracking down hard on these protests....which will only serve to further enflame the problem they hope to avoid. It is my assesment that the West and NATO are going to lose the eastern Ukraine as well.

I think it could be possible that the regions vote independence, ask to join Russia and Russia accept them into Federation without Putin actually sending Russian military (at least openly) to the regions.

It is already happening as I stated above....and Putin has not put any boots on the ground there....yet. If the people vote to return to Russia...I believe he will. Not to do so....to protect the eastern Ukrainians from persecution from the fascists and oligarchs in Kiev, would be deeply unpopular in Russia. Putin cannot allow this....nor will he.

The West would be left with western Ukraine facing bankrupt.

Indeed. But they are already facing bankruptcy...only IMF loans with the chains of debt slavery that it entails....can save it now.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

they always forget about,, the "wild card",,the unforseaable,,,fate one might say.

Thats why i would rather a lucky general,,,,if i can ,,,

said by whom,,, for bonus points.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

BobAthome

they always forget about,, the "wild card",,the unforseaable,,,fate one might say.

Thats why i would rather a lucky general,,,,if i can ,,,

said by whom,,, for bonus points.

fate...
I'm not sure I understand you post entirely but the photo is great: it almost looks like she's threatening Putin with nuclear weapons...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

when she was released from prison,, i was encouraged,, for i always believed that she was good for Ukraine and its people.
and was falsly imprisoned for doing the job too the best of her ability,,it aint easy.
But when she advocated the Nuclear destruction and total annililism of Moscow and All of its peoples,, because they are Russian,,that is Genocide.
Imaginening the people of the Steepes advocating Genocide was hard for me to accept,,,
Ghengus and the sword,, which apparently has been found recently,

may once again need too be,,looked at.

u know tribal unity,,,etc,,

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by demus

when she was released from prison,, i was encouraged,, for i always believed that she was good for Ukraine and its people.
and was falsly imprisoned for doing the job too the best of her ability,,it aint easy.
But when she advocated the Nuclear destruction and total annililism of Moscow and All of its peoples,, because they are Russian,,that is Genocide.
Imaginening the people of the Steepes advocating Genocide was hard for me to accept,,,
Ghengus and the sword,, which apparently has been found recently,

may once again need too be,,looked at.

u know tribal unity,,,etc,,

she wasn't in prison for nothing.
political reasons? yes.
corruption? OH YES.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join