It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphene coming to your devices, courtesy of Samsung

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Thank you for explaining about graphene very well. And the importance of this breakthrough too.

F&S&

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

VirusGuard
Samsung is coming along in leaps and bounds on many fronts but I don't see the american connection !

You see I own a Samsung smart TV and apart from using techniques to upload data scanned for all over my home network back to Korea that are so sophisticated that even SSL man in the middle cannot hack these TV's they also connect to all the big internet names the second that the TV is turned on even with no applications being open.

Now when I hear about progress from this Company I even start to look at the little on/off button at the bottom of the screen and wonder if it has a nano sized camera in it because the TV knows if someone is in the room because it goes to sleep mode when no one is watching but i am not sure if it's done by sound or what.

Far too much technology today is being used to imprison us and we need to slow it down until we have laws that work to protect us from it's use.

Them Google Glasses are going to change the world in ways that would make a horror story as they are introduced to the work place and you are free to resist if you don't mind being out of a job and the seeds have already been sown for this in the form of heath & safety to offer up an excuse as to why we must all wear them.

I totally get where you are coming from, so much so I got rid of my tv 6 yrs ago, but modern tech is great and useful and fun, it is the ones who misuse it and use it against us and for bad things that are the real problem, which is a damn shame coz we could have such a great planet if it wasn't for them.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
OP was your industrial scaling chart identifying the copper as an oxidation-reduction production method?

Carbon is so incredibly abundant so I am also wondering what their source for it is?
Biomass or what?

-FBB

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

"I got like 100 more topics with few to non comments if you want to spam more"

You accuse me of spam when you have all these threads or could it be the other way around !

Seems to be you want people to accept what you are saying without question but that's not what forums are for and it's about two way traffic, an exchange of views but i can see you have the wrong attitude.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Each method is different, the most common source for graphene is graphite, and its what is used in liquid phase exfoliation, Oxidation reduction and mechanical exfoliation (scotch tape), graphite is a 3d crystal formed by layers of graphene stacked together, a energy is required to separate this layers and for example when oxidized different oxygen groups are inserted between the layers decreasing the interactions, making easy to separate individual layers, but this groups change the structure and needs to be removed by reduction, the reduction is never complete so remnants of oxygen structures remain in the obtained graphene and this is why the quality/properties are worse, but is more scalable to produce because you only need a tank to mix the chemical and stir.

When I talked about copper i refer to chemical vapor deposition (CVD) in here you are not separating grahene from another structure, you are creating a new graphene sheet on top of a substrate, basically you burn an organic compound and controlling very carefully the conditions you grow a graphene crystal on top of the substrate from the products of the combustion, the substrate acts as a catalyst meaning that is necessary to produce the graphene and once is completely covered the reaction stops, preventing the deposition of more layers on top of the first one (that would produce graphite). after you got the graphene you need to transfer it to another substrate and currently this is done by destroying the original substrate, very expensive.

To produce graphene this way basically any hydrocarbon and organic compound can be use, some people use sugar to do it, some has use anything they encounter in the way including fly legs, and dog excrement

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VirusGuard

Seems to be you want people to accept what you are saying without question but that's not what forums are for and it's about two way traffic, an exchange of views but i can see you have the wrong attitude.

Are you questioning anything of what I say or are you just changing the topic of the thread to say what you want of laws and whatnot. If you want to keep talking of this things and not the op there is a private message function on ATS for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join