It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mickey Rooney dead at 93, TMZ is reporting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Mickey Rooney died on Sunday, according to TMZ.

Mickey Rooney was born Joe Yule Jr. on September 23, 1920 in Brooklyn, New York. He first took the stage as a toddler in his parents’ vaudeville act at 17 months old, according to his official website.

Mickey Rooney dead at 93, TMZ is reporting

He is actually one of those stars I thought was already dead so the news surprised me. 93 years old - he had quite a life and quite a career. I do remember hearing he was a nice guy too, aside from being very talented.

He made his first film appearance in 1926. The following year, he played the lead character in the first Mickey McGuire short film. It was in this popular film series that he took the stage name Mickey Rooney.

www.mickeyrooney.com...
www.tmz.com...

edit on 6-4-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Sad to hear the loss of a legend.

RIP Mickey

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Married 8 times... WOW. Great actor, I'm sad to see him go.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Very funny man who brought laughter to many.

RIP Mickey.

link   

RIP Mickey.

link   

RIP Mickey.

link   
"My name is William, Bill for short."

You were brilliant Mr. Rooney, absolutely brilliant.

Rest in Peace.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Getting into the Hollywood biz so young doesn't give one a lot of stability, especially back in the early days. Exploitation seemed worse then. Becoming your family's meal ticket so young does seem to mess many up, not surprisingly.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
RIP mickey

Last time I saw him on tv he looked far from being in good health. I hope he had found peace now. He was a legend of his time.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Shame all I remember him is the Japanese dude from Breakfast at Tiffany's...

I remember seeing him in a movie with Judy Garland once too, but I can't remember the title, just at the end they're on Broadway and in minstrel paint.

Those were different times I guess. RIP

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yeah, sad, I remember him in "Boy's Town" mainly. What a great actor. I also thought he was already dead. Born the same year as my dad whose been dead for almost 20 years now.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Ditto...almost.

I thought he was already dead, and he was born the same year as my dad; outlived him by 12 years.

It was the same with Frank Sinatra.

I thought he died years before he actually did.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
wow 93?

Thats a pretty good run for anyone.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I saw him on Broadway in Sugar babies a burlesque revival back in the 80s with Anne Miller. Funny man.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Just saw some clips of some of his movies. He certainly had a extensive resume. Didn't realize it, but he played a museum guard in Night at the Museum - one of his most recent roles - seems like he was still pretty funny.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I am at an age in which all my movie/ music/ artists heroes from when I was a teenager will die one after an other. I fear the day that I will hear the news that Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Sean Connery and such celebs alike traded the temporary for the infinite.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Mickey was legendary. His career included a long list of some of Hollywood's leading ladies.
From Elizabeth Taylor in National Velvet to Judy Garland, Audrey Hepburn, Anne Miller and he was married to Ava Gardner.
I remember seeing some of the Andy Hardy shorts during Sunday night's Wonderful World of Disney
when I was a kid. They were old even then but in the sixties the morals were pretty much the same as they'd been in the forties so they were still relevant.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

From the looks of him Mick Jagged died some time ago. He's still processing the coke he snorted in the seventies and eighties so they're having a hard time keeping him down. I saw him dancing a few months back and I swear he looked reanimated.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by zatara

From the looks of him Mick Jagged died some time ago. He's still processing the coke he snorted in the seventies and eighties so they're having a hard time keeping him down. I saw him dancing a few months back and I swear he looked reanimated.

I am not sure where I got it from but from somewhere I know that he and his friends have a complete blood-transfusion each 5 years in Zwitzerland. And who knows what else they do to have their heads screwed on straight,

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

R.I.P Mickey my wee Granny & Grandpa will miss you!

new topics

top topics

join