It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret Eva Braun : DNA analysis carried out on hair shows she could have been from Jewish family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Scientists tested hair samples which are said to have come from a hairbrush used by Braun and discovered at Hitler’s mountain retreat.

They found a particular sequence within the DNA, which had been passed down the maternal line – the haplogroup N1b1 – which it is claimed is ‘strongly associated’ with Ashkenazi Jews, who make up around 80 per cent of the global Jewish population.

Many Ashkenazi Jews in Germany converted to Catholicism in the 19th century.

The test was made for Channel 4 programme Dead Famous DNA, to be shown on Wednesday.

The secret Eva Braun kept from Hitler: DNA analysis carried out on hair from her hairbrush shows she could have been from a Jewish family

We this is an unexpected turn of events. I had heard rumors before that she might have been jewish and dyed her hair to look Aryan but it seems they now have some pretty hard proof.

I wonder if she knew and just kept it quiet? If so how could she live with what happened to the Jews during WW2?

edit on 6-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

If I recall correctly, Hitler had some Jewish blood on his maternal grandmothers side... I could be mistaken, and I am replying in the 'heat of the moment'.

I will have to go and perform some sort of cursory internet search and learn more.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I was reading an article earlier today on DNA testing for ancestry after I heard someone on a show giving the results from her own test.
DNA ancestry tests branded 'meaningless'
www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 6-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
who cares!?

will it lend moar credence to the myriad 'theories'[read: agendas] being or have been purported as 'trues research/investigations'?

or just more fodder for the masses to consume in their neverending search/need to point a finger towards their 'opposition', ''opponent'?

't the hail's it really matter. now.... this many years later.

did she conceal her true identity/background?

dunno.

'nd could could give a rat's rearend .... in the end.

???

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
After a search, I come across this site with some interesting facts to bera as well:
Was Hitler part Jewish?

It is certainly an interesting read, just like the OP's link.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

You make a good point. Does it really matter? As it is.....no.

But a small realization that Hitler's main girl had Jewish blood, as well as Hitler (possibly), can open a broader spectrum of research that may lead some to find that Hitler was not a "Jew-hater".

Hitler played his role, as instructed, and there are many groups of people that suffered from his compliance.

But that would change the way we look at history, wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This was posted earlier but it may have been removed as it got derailed into holcaust conspiracy theory. I'll go check.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still up I think.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

Thanks, but i dont think that thread has anything to do with this one

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Sorry my bad it was a link on page 2 of that thread.
edit on 4/6/2014 by Kukri because: stupid touch pad

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I think Hitler is one of the most famous evil people in history famed for trying to wipe out the Jews, any new info like this is going to be interesting to a lot of people.

I mean this is a conspiracy site..

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

can'r help but to agree with that.... a significant individual in our world's history.

but, even he or his 'gurl' were shown to have been of jewish descent, what would it truly 'prove' or 'demonstrate'

other than that any, every one is capable of mass murder, atrocious effects on peoples of whomever they deem 'lessers', etc.

????

would it re-write history...? hardly, though it'd likely prove an addendum or what have you.

???

while my ancestry is mostly german, with a good dose of irish, i just don't get the 'fixation' this many years latewr.

???

color me stoopid, i guess.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I really dont think there was much of an agenda here so much as just a surprising fact about a famous historical figure.

I think most intelligent people have pretty much moved on from hating on the present day Germans for what happend back then. My Girlfriends family was from German and im English. I certainly don't have an agenda lol

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

no. no. no. wasn't trying to say that at all... but there are still far too many folks who seem to have a 'fixation' of sorts on that part of history, from my perspective., at least.

skind heads,
storm farters
etc

i just don't have the time or presence of mind for that type nonsensical hate.

???

just sayin...

???

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's been 69 years since Hitler died, it's time to let it go, in fact it's time to let WW2 go. How much new material can there possibly be at this point?

This is not aimed at the OP it's just a general observation.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I know what you mean.

edit on 6-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: removed question

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I don't see a problem with this for a couple of reasons:

-Ashkenazi Jews are NOT true Jews in the sense of the Semitic peoples originally from the area of Palestine/Israel/the Levant. They are mostly a Slavic people (ie Poles, Russians, Bulgarians) that came from central and eastern Europe who converted to Judaism in the Middle Ages.

-Hitler, although hated the Jews, actually had some Jewish soldiers fight for him under the Nuremberg Laws:
Mischling

So what I take away from this, is that at the very least, Eva could have been of Slavic ancestry.

Lest we forget Hitler hated the Slavs just as much.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I am more interested in the theories that she and Hitler actually survived WWII and lived out their life in South America. There seems to be more and more information coming out about that possibility, including recently declassified FBI files that showed investigative follow up to sightings of Hitler.

The "corpses" Russia had were finally tested, and it turns out it was not the body of Hitler.

As for a person religion I just find it interesting, and border line absurd, to suggest a person belief in one religion over another is somehow genetic. Humans have been around on earth a lot longer than religions have.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

TheToastmanCometh

I don't see a problem with this for a couple of reasons:

-Ashkenazi Jews are NOT true Jews in the sense of the Semitic peoples originally from the area of Palestine/Israel/the Levant. They are mostly a Slavic people (ie Poles, Russians, Bulgarians) that came from central and eastern Europe who converted to Judaism in the Middle Ages.

-Hitler, although hated the Jews, actually had some Jewish soldiers fight for him under the Nuremberg Laws:
Mischling

So what I take away from this, is that at the very least, Eva could have been of Slavic ancestry.

Lest we forget Hitler hated the Slavs just as much.

Thats what you have been told, now imagine its all the victor's propaganda, does it look any different?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Removed at request of OP.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join