It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very confused...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I stumbled onto this strange site which sells new computers and such for very cheap prices. www.clearoutclub.com

Anyway, I've been trying to find out if it is legit on multiple search engines but find nothing even mentioning it. If it is, then it's incredible. I mean a 63 inch Plasma TV for $1500? How is that possible?

I was ticked when they said that they only accept personal checks due to the overhead of credit card processing. Is it just me or should credit cards make it cheaper for them to do their business?

So, has anybody heard of them?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Most likely its a matrix, where you wait in line to get your product at the price. Or they could be hot, but my gues would be the former.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hmm...wait in line? But who are they getting the product from for so cheap?

BTW, I love your avatar!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That I am not sure of...like I said...they could be hot.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It looks as if they get their stuff cheaply from bankruptcy sales etc.

The items shown in the preview section to the left � and thousands of others � are available at incredibly low prices � wholesale or less � due to such situations as overstocks, liquidations and quantity buyouts.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You are aware that you have to pay a membership fee to get into this "club" right?

"All you need to take advantage of these great prices is a Clearout Club membership. With your Club membership you will receive our exclusive Clearout Club Buyer's Guide and detailed purchasing information. Your membership lasts for an entire year and also entitles you to receive free updates for one year of the Clearout Club Buyer's Guide � your complete guide to incredible savings on all your purchases."

Sounds to me like the "clubs" that popped up around the 80's where you had to pay to be a member and then if you ran into a problem with what you bought, it was "Sorry"

It may be perfectly fine, but a search of BBBonline (Better Business Bureau) turned up no listing for them.

It also bothers me, that they do not have 128 bit encryption when you click the "Join the Club" link.even though they say that the webpage does have 128 SSL
"Please complete your transaction by providing payment information below. All information is submitted and handled securely via a secure protocol, SSL (Secure Socket Layer). After your transaction has been approved you will receive an email confirming your transaction, and also containing your Clearout Club username and password. "

Nor can you find a physical address on their webpage. The "Contact Us" just lets you fill out a form.

Not trying to make you paranoid, but there are a lot of websites out there that will take your money and then lead you in circles if you try and recover it.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, I joined. I saw an ad for it this morning. I figured, "It's only $19.95, whether it's legit or not." Then being an idiot, I searched google to see if it was legit or not, after I joined, and found this site.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, you don't actually buy anything directly from them. They give listings of sites that have these products really cheap. As far as the whole get a free iPod, 17" LCD monitor, or 27" Sony Wega TV...it just takes you to FreeiPods.com, where you will still have to complete one of their offers and refer five people.

I don't recommend joining the site.

[Edited on 28-11-2004 by Nortisan]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
ya, that sounds like a scam. For the person who jained though, you said that they refer you to sites that sell these products for cheep. If you find any that actually work though, plese post them.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
ClearoutClub.com serves as a buyer guide that lists sites that offer good deals. They update the guide every month and rate each site depending on content, quality, and how well items are priced.

[Edited on 29-11-2004 by Nortisan]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i have signed up for the clearoutclub.com but havent paid yet, the headquarters is near me, here in canada. Its near my hosue in toronto. is there any1 with anymore information.

top topics

join