learn more

Tea Party Bursts Back to Life at Connecticut Gun Rights Rally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Looks like the "Tea Party" has had a successful rally right at the Connecticut state Capitol.

3000+ people showed up in what seems to have been a well organized effort with no incidents.

Lots of signs and what not and from the pictures, the worst was only somebody depicting somebody as a puppet (must have been some politician). Apparently no infiltrators were present to cause trouble and mayhem.

One year ago, Connecticut passed some kind of law that many view as gun-grabby.

No rebuttal responses from ultra Progressives yet that I know of...... { looks over the horizon for smoke signals }

Liberal authoritarianism is infamous for producing supposedly unintended consequences, as with the “antipoverty” programs that produce more poverty (and thereby more Democrat voters). Sometimes the consequences really are unintended — that’s when they are actually positive. For example, the gun-grabbers who have exploited the 2012 Sandy Hook shootings to infringe on our right to bear arms appear to have reawakened the Tea Party:

More than 3,000 gun rights activists rallied on the lawn of the Connecticut state Capitol Saturday to protest the one-year anniversary of the state’s stringent gun control laws, passed in the wake of the Newtown school shooting.

Organized by the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, the rally lasted from noon to 2 p.m. and featured political candidates, 2nd Amendment rights supporters and attorneys as speakers.

Tea Party Bursts Back to Life at Connecticut Gun Rights Rally

2nd story.....
Thousands of 2nd Amendment Rights Supporters Attend Rally at CT State Capitol

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I agree with any movement that stands against big government and for civil liberties.

Anything is better than nothing...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Imagine if ...

America's two-party political system consisted of the Tea Party and the Libertarians!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

All I can do is laugh at the obvious propaganda when these type of threads are started.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think the progressive/communist democrats are the ones afraid of what's going to happen in the next 2 elections. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Pladuim

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Imagine if ...

America's two-party political system consisted of the Tea Party and the Libertarians!!

Careful with such bold comments and thoughts !!!!

Somebody might accuse you of making sense

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

That one was a gem dandy wasn't it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
3000 people is a success at a state capital?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Why not?

I have seen Progressives put up post as truths in favor of their party based upon a poll that only included 1500!

See the link someone posted above bragging about the decline of the Tea Party! Guess what, it was based upon polling 1500 people!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

LDragonFire

I would think SO !!!

Conn has a Democrat Governor, and Democrat majorities in both chambers of their legislature.

This demonstration is huge.

Huge !!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Perhaps Google will help you understand how polls work??

When respondents to be interviewed are selected at random, every adult has an equal probability of falling into the sample. The typical sample size for a Gallup poll, either a traditional stand-alone poll or one night's interviewing from Gallup's Daily tracking, is 1,000 national adults with a margin of error of ±4 percentage points. Gallup's Daily tracking process now allows Gallup analysts to aggregate larger groups of interviews for more detailed subgroup analysis. But the accuracy of the estimates derived only marginally improves with larger sample sizes.

How does Gallup....

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

No this in a red state is Huge:

An estimated 25,000 teachers and others from across the state, many wearing red shirts and waving signs and banners, swarmed the state Capitol on Monday to demand more money for public education.

Estimated 25,000 converge on Oklaho...

I do wonder why the tea party is claiming success at a NRA rally??
edit on 6-4-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

LDragonFire

No this in a red state is Huge:

An estimated 25,000 teachers and others from across the state, many wearing red shirts and waving signs and banners, swarmed the state Capitol on Monday to demand more money for public education.

Estimated 25,000 converge on Oklaho...

Well from the pictures, it looks more like 2500 if that.

Plus that, it has -zero- to do with this Tea Party rally.

The "Teachers" certainly have a beef, but they also have unions behind the transportation efforts (wonder how much CO2 was produced?).

The Tea Party probably doesn't.

The Tea Party rally in Connecticut was HUGE.

H-U-G-E

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The Tea Party's ????

From 4 days ago, let me know if you see Tea Party mentioned??

The rally will take place at the state capitol building on the northside of the grounds and will commence at 12 noon, lasting until 3 p.m.

The featured guest speaker will be the Examiner's own David Codrea, National Gun Rights Examiner and journalist. He also runs a blog called The War on Guns.

The rally is being sponsored by the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, which sent out the following announcement:

Gun rights activists to hold major rall....

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The main difference is, the people in Connecticut were volunteers making a political statement. The teachers in oklahoma were given a paid day off and bussed to the state capitol on busses that were gassed and maintained by the school districts. Trust me, there's more than a bit of controversy over the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by soontide

Both rally's in both states had people show up because they were furthering there own agenda. I just don't see the rally in Conn as a tea party rally or that large considering the topic.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

I'm glad to hear that people were able to get out and voice their opinions. We need more of that!

Just wanted to point out that there is a big difference between progressives and Communists. Communists would take offense to that comparison.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Then you must look at the pictures.

Plenty of "Tea Party" there.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Who cares about the Tea Partiers, the Democrits...the Republicants?

I guess I'm the only one that thinks they're one in the same. They are all liars

So what if a few got together

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

xuenchen

Then you must look at the pictures.

Plenty of "Tea Party" there.

And only two of these guys
... who obviously kept a 'considerate' distance

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Anyone who is against out of control big government has my support.. I don't care if it is Ds or Rs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join