It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

messing with your emotions, making me scared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just a reminder that you can always just turn the thing off. The TV; stuffed and spewing lies and everything you hate, trying to trick you and maybe control your mind or atleast weigh down on you with an opinion you might see to follow, is easily defeatable. It doesn't have to be on in the background. Take a break and try to solve the mysteries that actually concern you, as in things that could improve yours or anothers life. There is so much energy on ATS devoted to powering up the merry go round of the mainstream media that our kind is supposed to be indifferent to. Imagine if you didn't have one of those silly boxes. Every channel annoys me. I'll catch myself complaining about it and the lameness of the people and things being glamorized on it and then I'll feel silly and realize no one is forcing me to watch it, atleast not yet.....DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!! Drink a glass of water and do some stretches....Learn an instrument, or get good at one. Treasure and value the family and friends that are worth loving....try to figure out what that means....family....and love.....TURN THE TV OFF!! We are not in an elevator and this is not muzak. If you think it might be a tool for brainwashing the masses (have you seen the stuff that thing plays ?!) you shouldn't own one let alone have it running all the time, which has become almost natural in the US atleast. If all the tvs blew out ATS would lose about 95% of its "conspiracies" to discuss. Think about it. There is a lot of suspicion that the media purposely misinforms/distracts the public and that much programming is suggestive and maybe even subliminal. So why are we always getting caught up on this? This is something we already know and the TV can go bother someone who doesn't care.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

You are absolutely right.

In fact, I gave my television away nearly a decade ago. It was one of the best decisions I could have made for myself. I don't come home any more and vegetate for hours in front of 'the box'.

I spend my time reading, writing, learning new things, and generally being productive. That is not to say that some programs on the televison can be productive/informative too, but very few are, in my opinion.

The dangers though, are that you can get sucked back into it all via the internet. But, with a little careful attention to detail, it isn't too difficult to avoid.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I don't always agree with you but this time I do.

Damn good post.

S&F

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

nuff said!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

tv.
feeding us just enough crap to make us happy enough. Whats "YOUR" favorite show????
Coaching mass consciousness, channeling and managing.
its come a long way since the early days when basically everyone was watching the same thing, all across the continent on only three networks along with their local affiliates. Pumping decades of "here is the way it is" into a generation of victorious heroes.....and their children watched cartoons.
The world war two generation was handed a "one ,two" punch with movie houses in all the towns and radio stations playing in every house, and every car. Like a leash around the neck. Put a screen in every home and they were out cold and who's to blame them.
Some times I feel like Im in some some kinda spin-off version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy where we're all sucking up on some gigantic electronic teat.

i

'

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Haven't had one in over 6 years. Gave up my cell phone the beginning of this year. I am keeping the internet though.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

The best way to avoid the effects of lies and dross on your television, is to learn enough about reality that you can sift the nonsense from the raw data, without having the entire thing offered up on a silver platter. For example, when your television news in the UK reports that unemployment is down by x percent, you should take that with a pinch of salt, because you know that some of those numbers have been messed around with, by changing people's employment status on spurious grounds. For instance, some folk are in the process of fighting efforts to remove them from disability benefits, despite them having serious health problems that make it impossible for them to find, and keep work. I am not talking about people who call alcoholism a disability, but people with genuine mobility issues.

While those cases are re-examined, the numbers look better, until these persons get their benefit reinstated that is. Also, they change the way people are classified for other reasons, so you know that the numbers you hear are nonsense. Also, you think about how many of those people are on low hours, and minimum wage, and you find a lie again. The figures alone look good, until you realise that most people are not paid enough to rent or buy a home, fuel it, feed their families and so on and so forth, without significant government assistance, so the numbers looking good tells you nothing about the true state of employment, or the true circumstances of the people represented by those percentages.

Similarly, you hear a bunch on the television about terror, and you hear about defence spending, cuts and increases, contracts and completions. What you rarely hear about, is the fallacy of western foreign policy in general, how a technological revolution which has been held back for years, would render all the oil wars totally moot.

These are just a couple of examples. What I am saying is that if everything you hear gets placed in your mind verbatim, and treated as truth, then you will suffer from exposure to the BS, in all its manipulative glory. But if you look at everything through the lens of reason, filtered through what you know, and what you have experienced, and what you have learned, AND if you have learned enough thus far, then you can be exposed to much, and affected by only the facts, and what you think they mean. Offering the benefit of doubt to everyone here, there is no reason why any one of us cannot use our minds to examine what we are told, to compute it, to cogitate upon it, and strike it to see if it rings with truth, or crashes with falsehood.

new topics

top topics

join