It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Russia protesters seize Ukraine buildings, Kiev blames Putin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Around 1,500 people protested in Donetsk on Sunday before breaking into the regional administration building, where they hung a Russian flag from a second-floor balcony, a Reuters witness said. Protesters outside cheered and chanted "Russia! Russia!".

(Reuters) - Pro-Russian protesters seized state buildings in three east Ukrainian cities on Sunday, triggering accusations from the pro-European government in Kiev that President Vladimir Putin was orchestrating "separatist disorder".

www.reuters.com...

Protesters also later seized the regional administrative building in Kharkiv, Ukraine's second largest city, Interfax news agency reported. All three cities lie close to Ukraine's border with Russia.

The Ukraine Govt have put the blame on Putin, What's Obama going to say/do

Do you think this would be a smart move by Putin, isn't he pulling his troops away from the Ukraine border.

Is this the act of the Russian speaking citizens of Ukraine or Putin rabble rousing to start a conflict with the US.

Putin is a smart man, I think if he wanted Ukraine at this point in time he would have gone in and took it and suffer the consequences after.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Do you think this would be a smart move by Putin, isn't he pulling his troops away from the Ukraine border.

I'm not sure about the troop movements along the Ukranian border, however I don't think this has anything to do with Putin. He has already staed many times he has no interest in the Ukraine as a whole and I believe him.

Putin has nothing to gain by provoking the West/ NATO...and he knows it. As you stated...Putin is a smart man, one could even say crafty. He knows better.

In my opinion this is a grassroots movement from inside the Ukraine itself. There are many ethnic Russians there, so to my mind....thats entirely possible.

The West however, will use this as a propaganda tool and start yelling "I told you so".

This is going to get right out of hand at some point.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes next.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So if there are protesters attacking the new Ukrainian government then should NATO and the west demand that the new government vacate and recognize the protesters as the new...NEW government?

That was sarcastic in case it was not obvious.

This does not surprise me at all. There is probably a ton of protest to this outrageous occupation of government by a career banker. But we will only hear about the petty crimes by nomads for hire rather than the cries for justice by those that want things to go back to normal.

Putin and Russia haven't done anything wrong except make Israel and a the US look like total idiots in Syria. Putin may be under attack at relying mostly on defence but he has his enemies desperation and pride in his corner and the damage is rippling through out the power complex.

The West should be careful. Russia was not on the list YET. Plans have been changed and accelerated due to Russia throwing sticks in spokes. Now more than ever there is margins for error and any error makes the plan more complex and prone to more error.

I think it would have been wiser to step off and let things settle for 10 years or so. The west is showing too much of their hand trying to keep pace.

These boys see the finish line so close. Another 10-20 years behind schedule would mean they wont be celebrated as the champions that saw the long game through to the end. Personal ambitions in a new world order might be what causes this dream to collapse.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

deadcalm

I'm not sure about the troop movements along the Ukranian border, however I don't think this has anything to do with Putin. He has already staed many times he has no interest in the Ukraine as a whole and I believe him.

Putin has nothing to gain by provoking the West/ NATO...and he knows it. As you stated...Putin is a smart man, one could even say crafty. He knows better.

In my opinion this is a grassroots movement from inside the Ukraine itself. There are many ethnic Russians there, so to my mind....thats entirely possible.

The West however, will use this as a propaganda tool and start yelling "I told you so".

I believe him too deadcalm, no doubt we will be labelled naive.
I agree the west will jump on the propaganda wagon and yes we will play the waiting game, if sanity prevails Obama and Kerry should see this for what it hopefully is, as you suggest, a grassroots movement.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I've been watching this thread since day one, and given how the situation played out in Crimea, I have no doubt these events have been planned by Russia since it all started.

First of all, the only "troop withdrawal" from the borders was one small battalion, since then, NATO has expressed that there has been no further withdrawal of Russian forces. The number of troops near the Ukrainian border is still at 40k+, and they have been there for several weeks.

To think this is just some kind of "spring" by the people of Ukraine in light of events in Crimea is ridiculous, IMO. Considering the tactics used by "pro-Russians" to take over government buildings, force a referendum etc, it reeks of exactly what happened in Crimea.

Now we have reports of things like this -

TDF @TheDailyFreedom #Russia: Reports say that via #Krasnodar military reinforcements are sent into #Ukraine to support separatists. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasnodar #war 22 mins ago 4 retweets |

And

#Ukraine MP: 2000+ Russians are heading to #Donetsk from #Krasnodar #Russia to backup separatists already there

Russians, (some sources like the above says Russian "military") are now heading to Ukraine to support the "pro-Russian" stance and interfering with business there. IMO they are just stirring up the pot to cause trouble there. Russia is not the innocent savior to Ukraine. Those 40k+ troops need an excuse to enter Ukraine. Russia clearly has an agenda, and it's amazing how so many people on ATS don't see it.

ETA- The eastern and southern parts where these cities are, are NOT like Crimea, they do not have the special "status" Crimea had. These are Ukraine proper cities and although many Pro-Russians live there, it will not be the same, if this gets out of hand there will be blood.
edit on 6-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Czech leader says NATO could offer troops to Ukraine if Russia goes beyond Crimea

(Reuters) - The West should take strong action, possibly including sending NATO forces to Ukraine, if Russia tries to annex the eastern part of the country, Czech President Milos Zeman said on Sunday.

"The moment Russia decides to widen its territorial expansion to the eastern part of Ukraine, that is where the fun ends," Zeman said in a broadcast on Czech public radio.

"There I would plead not only for the strictest EU sanctions, but even for military readiness of the North Atlantic Alliance, like for example NATO forces entering Ukrainian territory," Zeman said.

And that is where the fun ends, said Zeman. Who goes on to say, basicly, there is red line and trying to annex the eastern part of the Ukraine is crossing it.

Here's the link

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
So if there are protesters attacking the new Ukrainian government then should NATO and the west demand that the new government vacate and recognize the protesters as the new...NEW government?

Russians protesting in Ukraine have no right to take over government buildings, probably the same flag raisers as in stevatepol that come from Moscow

This does not surprise me at all. There is probably a ton of protest to this outrageous occupation of government by a career banker. But we will only hear about the petty crimes by nomads for hire rather than the cries for justice by those that want things to go back to normal.

There was also a ton of anti Russia protests that you did here about but ignored, if there really was a ton of anti Ukraine protests you'd see them on social networking sites and YouTube like we did with the anti Putin/Russia protests in Ukraine AND Russia, AND all over the world

There was only one occupation here to talk of and that's Russia's occupation of Ukrainian soil...

Putin and Russia haven't done anything wrong except make Israel and a the US look like total idiots in Syria. Putin may be under attack at relying mostly on defence but he has his enemies desperation and pride in his corner and the damage is rippling through out the power complex.

The UN are in absolute agreement here that Russia is the only country here in the wrong...

I'm not sure how Israel has absolutely anything in the slightest to do with Syria or the US, but Russia is the only country again looking stupid in Syria, Russia has only committed to an economy draining civil war while the west makes billions in arms deals to the Saudis and Qatar who supply there fellow Sunni Muslim rebels with it in Syria

The problem Russia has is she is seeing no return on there support and likely never will...

The West should be careful. Russia was not on the list YET. Plans have been changed and accelerated due to Russia throwing sticks in spokes. Now more than ever there is margins for error and any error makes the plan more complex and prone to more error

There is no error only a corrections In course, how is Crimea a "throwing sticks in spokes?" Because it seems to me Russia just lost another huge part of once soviet territory to there rivals

The course correction would be that the soviets still occupy the kremlin and winning ground is never an error

Russia's moves in Crimea and Syria are a sure sign of desperation, people winning never make such desperate moves, if Syria and Crimea say anything about Russia is that they're on there last legs and completely isolated and surrounded
edit on 6-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
yes.... it will be illegal to be pro Russia since the west put the pro west minority in place...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

deadcalm

I wouldn't doubt Putin has something to do with it, US feds as well. Ukraine is being torn apart. It would be nice if Ukraine and Russia united and used that to strengthen EU-Russian relations. They're all playing politics, covering up is having something to do with it IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ukraine PM Warns Russia's "Economic Aggression" Is Unacceptable

"Russia was unable to seize Ukraine by means of military aggression," Ukraine's PM Yatsenyuk blasted, "Now they are implementing plans to seize Ukraine through economic aggression." His comments come after Russia's Gazprom raised prices for gas 81% from $268.50 to $485.50 (on the basis that the previous discount was a subsidy for allowing the use of the Black Sea port of Sevastopol, which Russia now has annexed) to which Yatsenyuk chided "political pressure is unacceptable, and we are not accepting the price of $500." Mr. Yatsenyuk, as WSJ reports, said his government will not pay the new price and will raise the issue in the Stockholm Arbitrage court, which was selected by the two countries years ago to settle the gas disputes - but warned his people that the country should prepare for Russia switching off natural-gas supplies.

This article is dated 04/06/2014
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

keenasbro
Ukraine PM Warns Russia's "Economic Aggression" Is Unacceptable

"Russia was unable to seize Ukraine by means of military aggression," Ukraine's PM Yatsenyuk blasted, "Now they are implementing plans to seize Ukraine through economic aggression." His comments come after Russia's Gazprom raised prices for gas 81% from $268.50 to $485.50 (on the basis that the previous discount was a subsidy for allowing the use of the Black Sea port of Sevastopol, which Russia now has annexed) to which Yatsenyuk chided "political pressure is unacceptable, and we are not accepting the price of $500." Mr. Yatsenyuk, as WSJ reports, said his government will not pay the new price and will raise the issue in the Stockholm Arbitrage court, which was selected by the two countries years ago to settle the gas disputes - but warned his people that the country should prepare for Russia switching off natural-gas supplies.

This article is dated 04/06/2014
www.zerohedge.com...

What would he say, that the nazi takeover orchestrated by the west was the best since sliced bread? Dont think that would help his position.
Sad to see the irony in the business, ukranians are going to be very sad that they allowed those neonazis to take control...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
double post
edit on 7-4-2014 by keenasbro because: double post

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It's probably a grass roots thing .I just read Pepe Escobars latest and I think he has it about as correct as anyone . The US-Russia Ukrainian Deal By Pepe Escobar

April 06, 2014 "Information Clearing House - Asia Times" - By the time you read this Russia will have invaded Ukraine. Well, that's what the Supreme Allied Commander of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, US Air Force General Philip Breedlove, is spinning. Breedlove Supreme says the Russians are "ready to go" and could easily take over eastern Ukraine. Western corporate media have already dusted off their Kevlar vests. www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Mr Putin is not behind these protests its the people of the Ukraine not wanting to be controlled by Russia or anyone else and yes they use the Russian flag because their own flag has been captured by the nazi party and the far right also want blood after being tricked in to helping to remove the government and then not gaining any political power.

Most Russian are right of the center line despite what the media in the west keeps saying

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

Russians protesting in Ukraine have no right to take over government buildings, probably the same flag raisers as in stevatepol that come from Moscow

PRO-Russian UKRAINIANS.

There was also a ton of anti Russia protests that you did here about but ignored, if there really was a ton of anti Ukraine protests you'd see them on social networking sites and YouTube like we did with the anti Putin/Russia protests in Ukraine AND Russia, AND all over the world

There was only one occupation here to talk of and that's Russia's occupation of Ukrainian soil...

Youtube is a reliable source? Don't think so. Besides rven if a video on Youtube is legit, not having a comment section to get outside opinion renders the video useless. Could be any ones propaganda.

I'm not sure how Israel has absolutely anything in the slightest to do with Syria or the US, but Russia is the only country again looking stupid in Syria, Russia has only committed to an economy draining civil war while the west makes billions in arms deals to the Saudis and Qatar who supply there fellow Sunni Muslim rebels with it in Syria

What does Israel have to do with Syria? Are you drunk? Who was on the mic claiming "big mistake" in regards to a peace deal with Assad and would not support the removal of Syria's chemical weapons. A feet that even NATO will no longer support. So now we WANT Syria to have chemical weapons?

There is no error only a corrections In course, how is Crimea a "throwing sticks in spokes?" Because it seems to me Russia just lost another huge part of once soviet territory to there rivals

The stick in the spike was Russia offering up Syria's chemical weapons and promoting a peaceful resolution which didn't mesh with the west's vision of paying Al Qaeda to murder innocent Syrians and blame Assad which would warrant regime change or an invasion.

Russia's moves in Crimea and Syria are a sure sign of desperation, people winning never make such desperate moves, if Syria and Crimea say anything about Russia is that they're on there last legs

Crimea and Syria are not even remotely similar accept they both have to do with Russian intervention. Did Russia invade Syria or did aAl Qadea? I thought everyone knew that the west was back Al Qadea just like they did in Libya.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

ressiv
yes.... it will be illegal to be pro Russia since the west put the pro west minority in place...

Minority?

Really?

In every sense of the word pro Russian Ukrainians are a minority and to add, Russia's actions in Ukraine are also largely unsupported across the globe

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

VirusGuard
Mr Putin is not behind these protests its the people of the Ukraine not wanting to be controlled by Russia or anyone else and yes they use the Russian flag because their own flag has been captured by the nazi party and the far right also want blood after being tricked in to helping to remove the government and then not gaining any political power.

Most Russian are right of the center line despite what the media in the west keeps saying

Like this pro Russia supporter from Moscow?

As you can se there are huge crowds of protests below

I think it's obvious Putin is bankrolling it

There is a million pictures from Russian speaking Ukrainians in support of closer ties with the EU, here's but one of them

edit on 7-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Mods, there are more than enough threads on this subject.

This thread is closed.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

ressiv

Minority?

Really?

In every sense of the word pro Russian Ukrainians are a minority and to add, Russia's actions in Ukraine are also largely unsupported across the globe

That picture looks more rendered than CGI. LMAO. those so called people are nothing more than static added to the photo. Useless.

top topics

join