It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. sending two warships to Japan to counter North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
U.S. sending two warships to Japan to counter North Korea

TOKYO - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel delivered a two-pronged warning to Asia Pacific nations Sunday, announcing that the U.S. will send two additional ballistic missile destroyers to Japan to counter the North Korean threat, and saying China must better respect its neighbors.

In unusually forceful remarks about China, Hagel drew a direct line between Russia's takeover of Ukraine's Crimea region and the ongoing territorial disputes between China, Japan and others over remote islands in the East China Sea. "I think we're seeing some clear evidence of a lack of respect and intimidation and coercion in Europe today with what the Russians have done with Ukraine," Hagel told reporters after a meeting with Japanese Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera.

"We must be very careful and we must be very clear, all nations of the world, that in the 21st century this will not stand, you cannot go around the world and redefine boundaries and violate territorial integrity and sovereignty of nations by force, coercion and intimidation whether it's in small islands in the Pacific or large nations in Europe.
Is it me or is the world just going crazy right now? US warships seem to be travelling all over the place. North Korea firing shells towards South Korea...Russia on the verge of invading mainland Ukraine. Spain and Britain also in the news a few days ago over a Spanish incursion near Gibraltar. Stay safe!
edit on 6-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
" you cannot go around the world and redefine boundaries and violate territorial integrity and sovereignty of nations by force, coercion and intimidation"

The US said this?

Excuse me...One more time.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For all the democracy building we have done across the world, why haven't we 'changed' N. Korea yet?
Seriously wouldn't take much.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

--
Yes the US said that.
I'm sorry, point to me where we, "Re-defined" a boundry? last I checked, the US map has not changed.
If you mean Iraq, well it was in response to Saddam.
Afghan? We didn't fight the nation, but a faction of radicals, who today are still killing innocent people, like AP personnel.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

jude11
" you cannot go around the world and redefine boundaries and violate territorial integrity and sovereignty of nations by force, coercion and intimidation"

The US said this?

Excuse me...One more time.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Peace

Seriously... there are times when I am ashamed to be an American citizen and I would have to say this is one of them [based on the quote]

My fellow citizens will not do jack crap until it literally hits home.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

palmalBlue2
For all the democracy building we have done across the world, why haven't we 'changed' N. Korea yet?
Seriously wouldn't take much.

Democracy building?

Serious?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Haha I love it………America making empty threats again. Our government has become a laughing stock of the world thanks to Obozo and his administration. Any war with NK would be a disaster……..plus we've had 20 years to deal with them and every administration since Obama has dropped the friggin ball big time!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

When I read that statement I burst out laughing.

As if we have ANY room to talk.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

not really, we haven't annexed anybody or changed anyone's borders even if we invaded them, besides that, it doesn't matter whose a hypocrite, you talk as if russia is better somehow but they are hypocrites too who have no problem rigging elections, invading and such.

it only matters which nation acts in your interest, not who's right or wrong, in the end the world doesn't run on morality but on food, resources and land. it seems to me that people in the modern world don't really understand how dire the global situation really is, that iraq and the like wasn't for greed or a desire for empire, it was desperation for badly needed resources and control. russia has acted exactly for the same reason in crimea and as a result control western europe now.

do you think we should let china, russia and company take asia too and destroy our economy entirely just so we don't look like hypocrites? world war 3 is very close and it will happen in the next few decades especially with japan and europe casting away nuclear power for gas, coal and oil, etc.

we haven't been acting this way for no reason and there is no way that russia and china will allow us energy independence(do you think the recent nuclear power incidents after fukushima all over europe and the us were accidents? no way, that's too much of a coincidence, it was foreign sabotage to sway public opinion away from nuclear power), the russians want to sell their oil, gas, coal, etc, to dominate those sectors and china too wants to control us through resources and business. it's either Russia and China dominating and controlling the world or Europe and the US doing so, this battle will get violent at some point and global war is going to happen and sooner than later.

our governments are getting more and more desperate as our population grows too fast to adjust to, we are running out of food, resources and land fast.

so tell me how long will your morals last when this all becomes too obvious? will whose right matter then? will whoever the hypocrite is matter? if people keep up that attitude of condemning one nation for their aggressive actions while praising another for doing the same things, then war is all the more likely.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by namehere

if people keep up that attitude of condemning one nation for their aggressive actions while praising another for doing the same things, then war is all the more likely.

War is likely, despite any happy ass, lollipop, attitudes people are encouraged
to change for the better.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I think there are 5 US warships already there, so that would bring the total to 7.

A lot? - yes. Unprecedented? - not by a long shot.

With that said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep an eye on events in that region over the next few weeks...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
*sigh*

Not that it really maters, as a warship is a warship.

BUT.....being ex-navy I'm doing a face palm here.

The US Navy does not have "ballistic" missile destroyers.

We have Guided Missile destroyers. They also carry cruise missiles.

We have ballistic missile subs, who's ballistic missiles normally carry a nuclear warhead, and are called ballistic due to their sub orbital flight path.

We have guided missile destroyers used for ballistic missile defense (meaning the guided missiles shoot down the ballistic missiles).

I really wish the MSM would put just a little effort in their news stories......

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

palmalBlue2

Seriously... there are times when I am ashamed to be an American citizen and I would have to say this is one of them [based on the quote]

My fellow citizens will not do jack crap until it literally hits home.

Be ashamed your current gov't, not your country.

You have no control over what these clowns in office do.

-SAP-
edit on 8-4-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So if Japan ,shot's down the next North Korean Missle,,,as per Standing Orders,,,
the American warships are in play or not??

u know maybe Stalin,,just read his Tea Leaves wrong,,,

It wasn't Japan who attacked,, so he pulled his best troops from,,,,,,well the rest was History.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

GreenMtnBoys
Haha I love it………America making empty threats again. Our government has become a laughing stock of the world thanks to Obozo and his administration. Any war with NK would be a disaster……..plus we've had 20 years to deal with them and every administration since Obama has dropped the friggin ball big time!!!

It is so odd that the world thinks Obama and the US are overly agressive, threatening and absolutely nothing to laugh at and yet you seem to think the opposite. Also your time frames are a mess. The Korean War stopped in 53 so that is 61 years. And their have been no adminisrations since Obama.

As for sending ships to Japan, this no suprise with the pivot towards the pacfic. It is also a reminder to North Korea that no matter what happen with Russia and NATO the US plenty of firepower to deal with them if they get froggy. Not that North Korea is going to be doing anything as the Army heads out to the fields twice a year for harvests. The spring harvest is about here so the Army will farming for awhile.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

close,,,

its planting season comming up,,,not harvest season,,,
ohhhhh u mean as in Reaper,,,Harvest,,,

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by MrSpad

close,,,

its planting season comming up,,,not harvest season,,,
ohhhhh u mean as in Reaper,,,Harvest,,,

lol oh yeah, I just know they head out to the fields in the spring and fall. Not much in the way of training for those guys anymore.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's time for the US to just step back and let the rest of the world destroy itself. I dare you to tell me it won't.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
first off, id say.. nothing will come from this
second.. the US has been rather passive when it comes to Lil kims threats
and thirdly.. did you see lil kims drone?.. a model plane???? really?..
no worries

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
first off, id say.. nothing will come from this
second.. the US has been rather passive when it comes to Lil kims threats
and thirdly.. did you see lil kims drone?.. a model plane???? really?..
no worries

new topics

top topics

join