Conservatives likely will be ANGRY over Obama visit to Ft. Hood!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, Havoc, welcome to ATS, the place where you can't even be far enough in the middle.

Seriously. We're pre-programed not to look for truth, but to look for the ways in which something cannot be true.

As you're seeing here, you can't even *lightly* poke at the deep programming that has been accomplished (ala your astute reference to MKULTRA) ... logic, reason, facts ... all these get you is the knee-jerk response WHY ARE YOU CARRYING WATER FOR THIS CORRUPT FASCIST-COMMUNIST ADMINISTRATION?!?

You're on track, in my opinion, to really begin to see that, to borrow a phrase from popular culture "there is no spoon."

Best,

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well he is the Commander-in-Chief. It's his duty to show up at Fort Hood after something like this.

I for one would be pissed off at him if he didn't.

I am probably among the most counter-Obama folks on ATS. But he is still my Commander-in-Chief, and as a soldier I expect him to have the same basic sense of responsibility as a brigade or post commander at a time like this.

Now, I'm sure he will politicize this visit. If he doesn't then I will be very please. The Army is supposed to be apolitical and to interject politics after something like this is both a kick in the nads and highly inappropriate for the setting.

It reminds me if when Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta showed up to Afghanistan to speak to the troops, most of us being very progun, to use us as a captive audience for an antigun speech given in the wake of Sandy Hook.
edit on pMon, 07 Apr 2014 02:09:19 -050020147America/Chicago2014-04-07T02:09:19-05:0030vx4 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Obama's memorial service speech at Fort Hood today.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
www.theblaze.com... disgusted/

Conservative radio host Mark Levin on Tuesday said he is “ashamed and disgusted” that President Barack Obama plans to hit a fundraiser on Wednesday, hours after attending a memorial service to honor the slain military heroes who were killed in the recent Fort Hood shooting.

“I want to tell you something that I’m ashamed of and disgusted about,” Levin began. “This is just so appalling.”

He explained that, according to the schedule on the White House website, Obama and the first lady leave at 9:05 a.m. on Wednesday and arrive in Killeen, Texas, at around 11:30 a.m. CT.

As predicted, the fact that Obama attended the memorial at Fort Hood yesterday set off a firestorm of hate and vitriol. The comments section is truly telling.

And this is just the Blaze, I won't even link to the youtube comments that have cropped up.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

And that's why I don't listen to idiots like Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, and the like.

I understand he's popular and all but not everything is a controversy.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

HauntWok
www.theblaze.com... disgusted/

Conservative radio host Mark Levin on Tuesday said he is “ashamed and disgusted” that President Barack Obama plans to hit a fundraiser on Wednesday, hours after attending a memorial service to honor the slain military heroes who were killed in the recent Fort Hood shooting.

“I want to tell you something that I’m ashamed of and disgusted about,” Levin began. “This is just so appalling.”

He explained that, according to the schedule on the White House website, Obama and the first lady leave at 9:05 a.m. on Wednesday and arrive in Killeen, Texas, at around 11:30 a.m. CT.

As predicted, the fact that Obama attended the memorial at Fort Hood yesterday set off a firestorm of hate and vitriol. The comments section is truly telling.

And this is just the Blaze, I won't even link to the youtube comments that have cropped up.

this proves how bats**t nuts mark Levin is, not why Obama went there.....oh, and I have never heard any liberal commentator say they are appalled, ashamed, and disgusted by a republican president showing up to also honor the fallen, as Obama did.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Oh but it is now. This is the national dialogue coming from many on the right. Anything and EVERYTHING this president does or does not do is a controversy and a scandal.

Even down to attending a memorial service in the wake of a tragedy inspires some to feign disgust and hate.

This is the state of politics in this nation. No longer can we take a politician's actions on a case by case basis. I.E. This was a good idea he had/I don't agree with this policy. But it's either you absolutely hate that this person is wasting your oxygen, or you are lumped in with people that think this man can do no wrong.

Personally I don't agree with everything this president does. Nor did I actually hate everything the last one did. But I can't imagine living day to day thinking that absolutely every action or inaction this president takes is a catalyst for the doom of this nation as it appears some seem to believe.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Well I'm hardly a fan of the Obama administration.

His practices, policies, and directives are anti-constitutional as far as I'm concerned.

But the policy debate ge drowned out by idiots like Mark Levin who would rather scream about Obama being a Muslim/Kenyan/Terrorist than discuss why the NSA spying on Americans is bad, or why gun control is bad, or why the DEA kicking down doors of legal state marijuana dispensaries is bad.

It's really hard to make a case for one issue over the other when we have to scream over the loud voices of politicos in the media. On the left and the right. The state of politics is indeed broken.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Anything and EVERYTHING this president does or does not do is a controversy and a scandal.
(partial quote ^^^)

LOL

How true.

And very accurate !!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Don't you think there might be a problem there?

How often is it, when one finds everything wrong with someone else that the problem truly lies within themselves?

And here we go, just the kind of person that I was talking about in my OP.

So xuenchen, how did Obama's speech at the memorial service anger you?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It didn't.

I thought it was appropriate under the circumstances.

But I'm not convinced his heart was there (although maybe it is).

Politically he had little choice.

Not "showing up" would have been a boondoggle mistake.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join