It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently rioting is happening at UCSB....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, i used to live in Santa Barbara right next to where this is happening. UCSB and Goleta is actually a relatively nice community and SB does a really good job of keeping the trouble out.

Source...

No idea whats going on LOL. Deltopia... This is actually normal in IV for people to be partying all over so i dont know.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

WOW...what are they rioting over? Or, is it a kinda flash mob that went nuts.

ETA: I just saw that video is from last night.

Des

edit on 6-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Party on eh dudes!
Its all fun and games till somebody looses an eye.................

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Wow, people beating up cops/terrorists, according to the reporter at least. Video doesn't show any of that. Looks like people peacefully assembling to party, at least to me. Protest is protest. Hope the people are safe. Not so much the cops.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by qwerty12345

I dont think its a protest. IV is known for masssssive parties. Im pretty sure its a party out of control lol.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I listened to the complete video news report. They said it's an annual event a mass street party. It appears what set off the riot, a cop was trying to deal with people that had gotten out of control, and he had a bad head injury, so other cops got involved and 3 more of them were injured.

Things spiraled out of control, more people poured into the streets, swat teams called in and all the LEO from surrounding areas. Some people got to the point they started vandalizing in the area...that's all I got from the story.

Wonder how things are today?

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Party out of control or cops out of control?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

They said it's an annual event a mass street party. It appears what set off the riot, a cop was trying to deal with people that had gotten out of control…

From my experience with partying ahh lot over the years, thats how what the press later calls a riot always begins… cops show up at a party.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I see no riot. just some kids jumping up and down.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Is there any more news from today, I think that is Saturday evening.

top topics

join