It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced to pay own father child support. DNA says guy doesn't have kids.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Sorry, but I am living proof of a completely different story. I was given back to my drug addict mom at the age of 12. left for good at 16 because if I stayed I wouldn't still be alive. I called and reported my mom so many times because i was desperate to get out of there.

I friend of mine from childhood lost her children to CPS after she discovered her boyfriend had molested her daughter. She did what many pissed off parents would do, she tried to run him over with the car. (Whether she was right or wrong is debatable but not the issue.) She served her time, and it wasn't very long because the judge sympathized with her. She should have been reunited with her children or at least given the chance, but her children were miraculously "adopted" with out any opportunity for her to fight for them. She had the two most beautiful children.

As an adult I have called on a child I knew was being abused. It was an extreme case. When the social workers came out I over heard them saying how the child would never be adoptable, so no bonuses for them. They said the kid would cost more for treatment than he would be financially beneficial to them.

That incident finally led me to ATS after I started doing research on CPS after my experiences.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Gosh guys get that DNA test. I had to go through child support enforcement because my son's dad was denying him, I wouldn't have went that way if he had not been running me and my son down. My son was the innocent one and I didn't want him to grow up hearing denials and think I didn't know who his dad was, we got a whooping $35 a week but I proved I knew who his dad was.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
the child protection service is broken and thats why so many kids fall through the cracks......a uni degree is generally not enough to understand a family unit....in my personal experience i have found the case workers often have no children themselves and more often than not were abused children themselves...
kids can be taken away from something as simple as getting on the wrong side of said case worker

the system is overloaded and to add to all of this the criteria which a parent has to jump through is quite silly.....in my case i had to pack everything thing up including my business included and move 1000ks away to be near my son who was put into foster care because his mother was abusing him....they couldnt just give him to me ...i had to prove my worth as his father....it took just over 8 months of just jumping through their hoops and 6 court sessions later,psychiatrists and a hell of a lot of patience ,my son is now in my fulltime care...

that 8 months could have been spent on children who really needed the help...all the time and resources they spent on making me prove i was worthy was shocking and funny hows the departement cries poor about not enough man power and financing...

granted i do have my son back but not without casualties for the both of us,for me i am stuck somewhere i dont want to be and now am on the single parent pension,i have to retrain as i can no longer do landscaping so asuming i get through my uni course eventually my situation will improve....as for my son he still worries when we leave the house that he isnt coming home...even when it was decided i would get him fulltime they had to transition him back to me over a period of 12 weeks which really took its toll on the little guy

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

i could go to each and every states CPS Sites and pull just as many Success Stories as you could failures. your not gonna find many in the msm, because they are not as sensationalized as the failures and the msm's don't play that. if it don't bleed it don't lead.
the only time the msm will put a success story on is when it is a deal like saving kids at the moment of death.

thing is you would call them propaganda, because your mind is already made up and your looking for people to stand and cry with righteous condemnation of those who take on a job that it is pretty much thankless. and they are damn if they do and damned if they don't.

fact is the systems saves some kids and some falls through the cracks, mostly when they fall it is because the assigned case worker does not do their job right. some fail because of laws.

same with cops, you do realize how many people are arrested each and every day across the country right. if everyone that was arrested was beaten and battered there would be a hell of a lot more news about it than the i hate cops blogs.

no you'll not get me to jump on some phony band wagon and say that it is all wrong when it is not.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

marbles87
So apparently family courts are judge, jury, executioner to entire family trees and can create and destroy evidence on a whim.

Judge allows child to be kidnapped for support order. www.facebook.com...

So what do you think ATS. Would you pay for a child that wasn't yours? Would you force a person to have to pay for someone simply because they were a part of a child's life? This looks like a slippery slope of getting into guys bank accounts for just having a girlfriend let alone the fact you can prove something isn't yours and still be held financially responsible for it forever.

Hmm
all too familiar
I paid child support for 13 years and then won an expensive custody battle only to find out when he was 18 that he wasnt mine..
My balls still hurt from the kick
However, after a year of emotional trauma and getting over the reality of not having any kids of my own, I still call him my son and we have a great relationship. His mother on the otherhand lost a biological son for outright lying to us both for all that time.. she moved outta state..
edit on 6-4-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yet women can get their child in a snap of a finger if they take the child from the father.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

marbles87

Yet women can get their child in a snap of a finger if they take the child from the father.

yes...as a bloke you are guilty until proven innocent...many children get used as pawns because of the way the system is....

my sons mother had 36 risk of harm reports over a period of 18 months from various establishments including her own family and daycares that he attended,the department were still going to do nothing until we lucked out the mother got a new case worker who rang me one day and i explained to her the gravity of the situation and the very next day my son was taken into care after an incident...36 risk of harm reports and nothing was done until the right person was there at the right time...my little boy had been through hell and back and frankly is lucky to be alive

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's a huge mistake that every male who been claimed is a father don't take the DNA test immediately.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

candlestick
It's a huge mistake that every male who been claimed is a father don't take the DNA test immediately.

Although I'm a huge supporter of tossing everyone's rights for sake of giving minors rights over their parents in damaging situations to the child but there are better ways. Just make it so that at ANY time ANY party can establish and disestablish a genetic match. So as long as the adults are TRUTHFUL and take their relationship serious a very large population can still have accurate DNA results. But if you do get caught lying like a father who just denies for the sake of getting out of having a kid is just as bad as a mother who lies about the person who is the child's real father. The courts could order harsh penalties because why shouldn't they. If one of the first major decisions OF YOUR OWN CHILDS LIFE IS TO LIE BLANTANTLY TO THEIR FACE FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE the public should be able to legally whip the # out of you with sticks. I mean seriously people why do men straight up deny their children based a hateful spot as well as a women or man lying who the father is out of a place of hate. ** wistling to the willow tree to fetch a nice switch**

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

marbles87

The courts could order harsh penalties because why shouldn't they. If one of the first major decisions OF YOUR OWN CHILDS LIFE IS TO LIE BLANTANTLY TO THEIR FACE FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE the public should be able to legally whip the # out of you with sticks. I mean seriously people why do men straight up deny their children based a hateful spot as well as a women or man lying who the father is out of a place of hate. ** wistling to the willow tree to fetch a nice switch**

Agree,this civilization give too little punishment to liars.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by candlestick

What is a possible solution though. I say we defund the family law stuff and limit CPS to a point that if they have to step in someone goes to jail it has rights terminated by court. Why should family court be different than our other courts. Oh that's right in real court your only allowed facts and opinions are moot. In family court it's ass backwards. Why can't everyone see that these people cast down their smite as will to whoever in whatever fashion and we pay them to do it. There are judges and lawyers who say that the system is too far gone. Why should we as tax payers with no kids be forced to fund that madness.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again ..
This 'child and family destruction system' ..aka the child support system and protective services need to crash and burn ..
We all know how corrupt and irreversibly broken they are .. talking about what they did to you and me, will only add to the millions of other stories of citizens whose lives they have destroyed.

Everyone simply needs to stop paying into these systems..we are keeping them alive to destroy us .. how is that sensible?
When you know something is broken and is clearly killing your livelihood and family .. why are you involving them into your lives, and obeying the stupid court orders that are not worth used toilet paper ..?

Stop paying ..not another dime into this corruption that is killing our country at the grass roots level!
Watch them crash and burn under their own weight of debt ..
It means EVERYONE has to take this bold step and show these home wreckers they will not be tolerated any more..

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Alabama has made it where if you surrender your parental rights, or have them taken away, you still pay child support. And they will serve you, with no court date on the summons, and rule against you by default because you didn't show up to court.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

junglimogli
I've said it before and I'll say it again ..
This 'child and family destruction system' ..aka the child support system and protective services need to crash and burn ..
We all know how corrupt and irreversibly broken they are .. talking about what they did to you and me, will only add to the millions of other stories of citizens whose lives they have destroyed.

Everyone simply needs to stop paying into these systems..we are keeping them alive to destroy us .. how is that sensible?
When you know something is broken and is clearly killing your livelihood and family .. why are you involving them into your lives, and obeying the stupid court orders that are not worth used toilet paper ..?

Stop paying ..not another dime into this corruption that is killing our country at the grass roots level!
Watch them crash and burn under their own weight of debt ..
It means EVERYONE has to take this bold step and show these home wreckers they will not be tolerated any more..

Amen trust and believe I think everyone should call and tell them you stop paying because you have no rights toward where the money goes or at what level they will punish you to get insanely small amounts of money from people who quite honestly wish that their kids and family was being taken care of but it is simply not so we must stop participating in the failing machine.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would not pay for one thing. And I would take my father to court for abuse, this is criminal. And would press charges against the judge. If needed, would save that money and hire private investigator on the judge to expose every dirty thing she's involved and have her disbarred.

You don't let them get away with it. And that father, I'd make him learn what being a father to his real child is all about.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What kind of dirt ball rasies a child as his own and then when he gets a DNA test decides to abandon it? If that guy had just kept the child he was raising as his own instead of dumping it like yesterday garbage none of this would be going on.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

marbles87
So apparently family courts are judge, jury, executioner to entire family trees and can create and destroy evidence on a whim.

Judge allows child to be kidnapped for support order. www.facebook.com...

So what do you think ATS. Would you pay for a child that wasn't yours? Would you force a person to have to pay for someone simply because they were a part of a child's life? This looks like a slippery slope of getting into guys bank accounts for just having a girlfriend let alone the fact you can prove something isn't yours and still be held financially responsible for it forever.

I did. Law was against me. Courthouse was closed on day we were to do blood typing test(Not a DNA test). Closed that is except for the blood test. I didn't realize this as I didn't read the whole notice on the door. They called her and asked her to come back saying they would have me arrested and so on for contempt. 18 yrs later, my child support completely caught up and I get a notice saying I owe $18k in interest charges. LOL! I was never more than $5k behind in the beginning. I talked to a lawyer that said she could take care of it. Now I'm waiting for them top come pick me up. After my free ride back to that state, I will let my lawyer handle it. They've robbed me of enough of my life. I'm not making another effort to do anything with them until they want it. He is not my biological son though I care for him just the same. Anyone hear about the guy that walked into a Mo. child support office and shot himself in 04 because the state was making him pay for 5 kids not his own?
edit on 7-4-2014 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Sounds like a unique case. I am glad the guys Father was caring enough to take this unwanted child since the Mother was "unfit'.

How shameful that the "Father" felt love and cared for the child and in his own words "bonded" with the child, that he would deny that bond simply because he turned out not to be the biological Father.

What is bothering him is, because grandpa had to take on the responsibility that he is asking support from his son. Sad.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agartha

But still, I don't think this man should be paying child support for a child that is not his...and I don't understand why the grandfather is involved in such way....very bizarre story!

Because this was his Grandchild for two years! he was not willing to say, no one loves you no one wants you kid!Two years of a baby to toddler is a major time of attachment watching the baby grow, so they should all kick him to the curb!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

that 8 months could have been spent on children who really needed the help...all the time and resources they spent on making me prove i was worthy was shocking and funny hows the departement cries poor about not enough man power and financing...

Would you rather they drop a kid with a guy they don't know will care for him? 8 Months is not that long if it meant making sure the kid will be loved and fed and cared for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join