It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

How secrecy works

page: 1

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
How secrecy works - an analogy.

Secrecy works like a book on display in an ordinary bookstore. Everyone that passes reads the title on the cover of the book and immediately assumes to know its content. Months and years go by without anyone bothering to open the book and read, until one day, quite by accident, someone picks up the by now dusty old book and starts reading it - only to be enlightened.

What about all the people searching for enlightenment, you say? Did they not read every book in the store that looked suspicious and out-of-place? Indeed, they did, but if you wanted to hide something, would you not find somewhere more auspicious?

edit on 6-4-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Nice sure you are aware that most if not all intelligence agencies have open source officers. They are employees that try to learn everything that is available publicly about a nation...often living in that nation. I have even heard stories where these people become so obsessed with the places they are open sourcing that they become almost more patriotic to that host country.

This is why I love ATS. ATS is one of the largest open source intel gathering groups on the planet. We often of have eye witnesses and "agents" in every country. A meteor falls....a riot happens...and within minutes we have first hand accounts coming in sometimes. We also have a constant flow of research coming in. We note changes...and we think outside of the box trying to put 2 and 2 together. There was a thread recently on China finding the signal of a black box. Instead of leaving it for what it was worth they dug and thought outside of the box suggesting that China couldnt have just been lucky...maybe they have some really advanced sonar and equipment....maybe more than we suspected.

That is why I love ATS...everything has a second meaning...and even if we are wrong sometimes...thats exactly how analytical thinking try to connect the non obvious.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

sometimes the best place to hide is right out in the open

edit on 6-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: one line of text and i still managed to mispel a two letter word

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:50 AM
This is the best way to keep a secret:

Dead men tell no tales.

new topics

top topics