It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tigers slaughtered for a ‘visual feast’ to feed the greed and elite.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Panthera tigris.

Such an amazingly beautiful and powerful species, is teetering on the brink of extinction due to habitat loss and poaching.
It fills me with such rage and sadness when I hear about this kind of stuff...

More than 10 tigers have been killed as "visual feasts" in China to entertain officials and rich business people, state media reported.

Police in Zhanjiang, in the southern province of Guangdong, said Wednesday they seized a freshly slaughtered tiger and other illegal tiger products during a raid, Agence France-Presse reported, citing a report in the Nanfang Daily.

Sicking how people kill a creature that so rightly deserves to survive.

The only good news from this story is this:

One of the suspects who slaughtered the tigers — and worked as a pig and cattle butcher — jumped to his death while fleeing a raid, according to the report.

To think your children's, children will most likely never see a live tiger.. only read about them in books.

SOURCE
SOURCE

edit on 6-4-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

What a noble beast.

If true, this is absolutely revolting.

The human race sucks sometimes.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Species may go extinct on this planet. But they will still have them on other planets. Or at least their dna plan.
Humans do not know what they do until it is to late

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
But remember - Communists are so much better for the planet than we evil, greedy capitalists.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

How incredibly sick! Wouldn't a 'visual feast' be to see one of these creatures alive and up close? Maybe even touch it? This reminds me of the movie Hostel.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
That is absolutely sickening and disgusting!! HOW could this happen!? NO ONE tried to stop it? I think we need a 'visual feast' (sickening!) of those 'elites' being slaughtered! What sick people think that is entertaining to watch?! Freakin barbarians- get off the planet!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

It's not about Communism or Capitalism, it's about the human race and it's terrible impact on this planet.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

It was stopped.

I linked a source to the news, and they were busted in a raid by the police. I should put that in my op.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing this with us. It's a tragic example of the kind of short-sighted, greed-driven behavior that can ultimately lead to irreversible consequences. As mentioned in a photo caption in The Guardian's report:

Trafficking and habitat destruction have cut tiger populations from about 100,000 a century ago to about 3,000 today.

That's appalling.

While some officials are trying to stop these illegal activities, I doubt that they'll ever be entirely successful. Money talks, corruption is rife. And so this disgusting practice will go on until one day, there'll simply be no tigers left.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

ketsuko
But remember - Communists are so much better for the planet than we evil, greedy capitalists.

I would hardly call the Chinese businessmen in question Communist, in fact I would hardly call china Communist.

This is inst a silly left/right issue.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

SalientSkivvy
reply to post by ketsuko

It's not about Communism or Capitalism, it's about the human race and it's terrible impact on this planet.

This is the sad thing about Americans of a certain generation.

They seem to have been brain washed into thinking EVERYTHING is a left/right issue. All to the detriment of whatever issue is in question.

As for the topic?

I would love to pay to chase bankers and politicians through the jungle with a gun

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

SalientSkivvy
reply to post by ketsuko

You know. I've made that point many times in defense of capitalism.

Although, I liken it more to human evil. We can choose to do the right things or we can choose to do things like this even knowing that we might be killing off the last of a magnificent species.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Mans indifference to animals is saddening.

Killing for food is one thing, doing it to get a kick deserves an eye for an if you ask me.

Lock them up with some tigers and see how much of a visual feast they get then!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

It's heartbreaking. I'v always loved tigers *all felines really* since I was a kid, and have always been upset with the direction they are going.
They're a powerful symbol, and idolized in most Asian cultures, yet are being decimated at the same time.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I know, it's frustrating. It derails the original topic, and puts the focus on something that's not the issue.

And I agree with the hunting elite businessmen.. though I think in this case it would be fair to throw them into a tiger den with nothing and see who comes out...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

crazyewok

SalientSkivvy
reply to post by ketsuko

This is the sad thing about Americans of a certain generation.

They seem to have been brain washed into thinking EVERYTHING is a left/right issue. All to the detriment of whatever issue is in question.

As for the topic?

I would love to pay to chase bankers and politicians through the jungle with a gun

you could probably bag your fill of bankers much closer to home....thus saving the huge travel costs etc....

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

SLAYER69

What a noble beast.

If true, this is absolutely revolting.

The human race sucks sometimes.

Sometimes? I think we've proven that we suck practically all the time... Just a sad display when people kill these poor animals for the sake of entertainment... Hunting for food and survival is one thing, killing a helpless animal for entertainment is another thing... I hate hoping horrible things on people, but I find myself doing that with people who hurt animals like this... People need to learn to appreciate the beautiful creatures nature has to offer, but instead we have those who act like some satanic cult torturing/murdering these poor creatures...

And thumbs up
for the guy who jumped to his death.... Too bad the rest of his friends couldn't follow
edit on 6-4-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It is sad so many of our noble beasts are endangered or have been pushed to extinction by mans follys!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A "visual" feast? Is that a spectacle held before an actual food feast?

If so, it makes me wonder how tiger is prepared and what it tastes like.

Of course you know that when we run out of tigers, people are next.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A "visual feast" ? I only read post's like this to support how I feel about my species and the idea there is no hope for us as a humane people, there for no hope for the species. IMO

Just another heinous act by humans that tells us the direction we have taken and continue to take.

Kind of like the slaughter of whales under the guise of "research" .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join