It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Up With Michelle Obama’s School Lunch Overhaul

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Yep.

She got in trouble because her mother packed her potato chips and not a vegetable because, as the mother explains, her daughter doesn't really eat vegetables all that well so the mom saves them for home where she can watch her to make sure her daughter eats them.

I sympathize, we give our son vegetable juice because he has a limited list of veggies he will eat right now. We just added cauliflower the other day and carrots a couple months ago, but before that it was limited to edamame and baked sweet potato fries.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Snarl

Yep.

She got in trouble because her mother packed her potato chips and not a vegetable because, as the mother explains, her daughter doesn't really eat vegetables all that well so the mom saves them for home where she can watch her to make sure her daughter eats them.

I sympathize, we give our son vegetable juice because he has a limited list of veggies he will eat right now. We just added cauliflower the other day and carrots a couple months ago, but before that it was limited to edamame and baked sweet potato fries.

I get this ever oh-so well. No one has really ever been able to convince me eating vegetables is all it's made out to be. Sure, they'll add certain vitamins and minerals ... but you can get those in pill-form these days (cheaper too).

Humans come with canine teeth, forward-facing binocular vision, and one stomach. Everything that common sense would say, "Meat eater." ... but grown-ups tend to rationalize CS away when they're told something different by authority. Plants feed sheepLOL. (See what I did there?)

I think the government is about to fabricate a meat shortage to prove something ... and I waited a long time to say that!!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Snarl
Bottom Line: School lunches were fine before the government got involved.

Um... I don't know if you are aware of this, but schools are already government in the U.S.

As in, literally government - most school districts are independent special-purpose governments with powers including taxation and eminent domain (except in Virginia where they depend on state & local government for funding).

There are some dependent school districts (1 dependent for every 10 independent), which are overseen by cities, counties, or states.

So, if you don't like what's on your kid's menu... get involved with these governments.
edit on 12Tue, 08 Apr 2014 12:07:13 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join