It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evidence for God and no God, what makes sense?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I want peoples oppinions on pure logical thinking. I am not looking for religious beliefs, but what makes logical sense. first off, I do belive in God. but let me define God first off. God- supernatural being that is the highest over all, and wil always be the highest, none can ever surpass, is control of all. thats right, the definition of "God" I suggested doesnt include heaven, angels, or anything else. if you think "God" is actually a person on another planet that treats there own world like a fish tank as we do to ours, that isnt really "God" because that person controlling us like a fishtank isnt "God" just like aliens, if they do exist, their outta this convo cause they still dont explain who made, or how they got their to make us. Now on to the topic, imagine the universe from the beginning of time, NOTHING is in it. absolutely nothing, no air, hydrogen nothing. obviously, nothing could ever come out of it. thus, something in the universe HAS to be eternal, cause if it had a beginning it would be coming from absolutely nothing, hence it would never exist anyway. so lets take evolution and God for example. in Evolution, matter has always existed, the soup was eternal. and why not belive in "God" if you can belive in that. and why not belive in the soup if u can belive in God? and if this "soup" always existed eternally, wouldnt the hydrogen in the universe eventually run dry, and things would get old and fall apart, as obsrved by the laws of thermo dynamics. I see no reason why people can not belive in God. if their is no God, u couldnt search the universe for him to see if "he's" there. so people, give me logical evidence of how "he" could could exist, and how "he" could not exist. I find it quite ignorant to say "There is no God" because if there is or if there is not, he still always makes sense. and if people say "There is a God" when their is none, it could also be ignorance, but if there is a God and he has reveiled himself to the individual and they say "There is a God" that is not ignorance. in my oppinion, logically speaking you can only say one thing, and that is saying "There is a God" (it could only be 100% certain if their is, other wise its not certain) because if their is no God, you could never logically say God makes no sense, and if their is a God u could always say God makes sense, but if theirs no God then u can never say "Their is a God" since there is no God then. So what do u guys think logically makes sense?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In my opinion, the best logical argument for the existence of God is given by Rene Descartes in his "Meditations On First Philosophy Concerning the Existence of God and the Immortality of the Soul."

If you've never read it, it's a real treat.

join