It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Blood Moon April 14-15

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by iSomeone

This is great information. I love the mixing of science and astronomy. I believe that is what made the prophets of old, including Jesus sort of a "heads up on the rest of us". What is sad, is that I am several digits over 60, and I am just now learning about observed, tested science and it still leads me back to the same conclusion. That there is a Source or God or Higher Being, whatever label, and the creation is wonderful and humans are special among it all.

I look forward to this astronomical event and am sure it will be beautiful. Anything after that, is up to the humans who were given stewardship over an amazing planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

MOMof3

This is great information. I love the mixing of science and astronomy. I believe that is what made the prophets of old, including Jesus sort of a "heads up on the rest of us". What is sad, is that I am several digits over 60, and I am just now learning about observed, tested science and it still leads me back to the same conclusion. That there is a Source or God or Higher Being, whatever label, and the creation is wonderful and humans are special among it all.

I look forward to this astronomical event and am sure it will be beautiful. Anything after that, is up to the humans who were given stewardship over an amazing planet.

Thank you for those words. Very beautifully spoken. Here is something maybe you'll like:

edit on 7-4-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That was beautiful, it made me cry. I just did not know. I will be sharing this with my small grandchildren. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I dislike the term blood moon, I prefer the aboriginal term Pink Moon. The Pink Moon heralds the appearance of the moss pink, or wild ground phlox—one of the first spring flowers. It is also known as the Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and the Fish Moon.

The moon will appear to have a red shade because the Earth will be positioned directly between the moon and the sun, and the sun's rays are blocked from reaching the moon directly, which means light is reflected off the Earth. As a result, the reflected rays of light will cause the moon to glow with an orange-red color.

Two factors affect an eclipse's brightness and color: the depth of the moon into the umbra, and the Earth's atmosphere. The umbra's center is much darker than its outer edge, so the depth of the moon into the umbra will affect the moon's color and brightness. Also, if the atmosphere is very clear, the eclipse will be bright, whereas if it's cloudy (or polluted with volcanic ash,) the eclipse will be dark red or nearly black.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The moon often appears orange-red during the early hours of the night right after dusk if it is low in the sky and the sky is clear.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

According to the article I read, it is kind of a special event this year.

"2014 is a special year, earthlings will be granted two opportunities for total lunar eclipses. The two total lunar eclipses are the first part of a lunar tetrad made of a series of four total lunar eclipses."

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
I think the reference to christians is for the blood moon in revelations....Revelation 6:12

"I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,"

After these four blood moons, the tetrade series, when is the next Blood red moon...if it is within 7 years I will be worried. And really worried if nothing After this series...anyone? What is after this event..

edit on 9-4-2014 by nitetrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2014 by nitetrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

There is no such thing as christians jews or muslims

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nitetrain

I found this chart:

When four consecutive lunar eclipses are all total eclipses, the group is known as a tetrad. The following tetrads occur during this century:

1. Tetrad: 2003 - 2004
2. Tetrad: 2014 - 2015
3. Tetrad: 2032 - 2033
4. Tetrad: 2043 - 2044
5. Tetrad: 2050 - 2051
6. Tetrad: 2061 - 2062
7. Tetrad: 2072 - 2073
8. Tetrad: 2090 - 2091

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The only doom your going to see will be manmade... like it always is. The rest should be beautiful to watch, like the OP said.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
On that night i will be summoning goulies from space muahah

Lock your doors and windows

Also my birthday is 6 days after that so im pretty pumped.

edit on 9-4-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

NASA, the online Slooh community telescope and the Virtual Telescope Project in Italy will provide live views of close Earth approach of Mars late Monday (April 14), then follow it up early Tuesday with live views of the total lunar eclipse of April 15

space.com

Live Feed:

Starts in 13 hours...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Today, I and my grandchildren took a long nap. Then around midnight, we are headed to the top of a 3000ft hill and watch the show.

Peace and Love to all on ATS

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Roger that, I too am planning to see this if the weather will allow!

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So is this coincidence with the 4 blood moons about the precise days they fall on - that being the rarity since someone above said this happened in 03/04?

Also, moon experts - what is that moon that looks huge and extra close to earth - as if you can reach out and touch it. I saw one of those last summer and it was surreal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join