It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Blood Moon April 14-15

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I hope it is a clear night and can see this.

Source
"NASA astronomers will be watching excitedly as a rare blood moon rises during an upcoming total eclipse. The eclipse is scheduled to be seen across the sky on April 14-15, granting viewers a spectacular blood-red bulb. Although some religious Christians will be fearing the end of days, most people will have a rare opportunity to view one the solar system’s most beautiful phenomenon."

edit on 6-4-2014 by MOMof3 because: add quotation

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

didn't realise my fellow christian humans were this stupid ...

Anyhoo .. its the jews who will be 'religiously' watching the coming 4 blood moons with a very keen eye ... going by what apparently happened to them during the last three times there were 4 blood moons timed soo close to each other, in the past 500 years or so ...

very interesting ... personally, for me, i'll probably be watching ATS with a keen eye, if i remember

edit on 6-4-2014 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

I don't know why Christians would really care but as for the Jews, 4 Blood Moons fall on 2 Passovers and 2 Sukkots over the next year and what is really interesting is that everytime these occur, the Jews go through some sort of trial whether it be war or other.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

However, if we want to know which tetrads specifically fell on the Jewish feasts of Passover and Tabernacles, there appear to be a total of 8 in these 21 centuries:

1. 162-163 C.E. (Common Era)
2. 795-796 C.E.
3. 842-843 C.E.
4. 860-861 C.E.
5. 1493-1494 C.E.
6. 1949-1950 C.E. - jews just been saved from holocaust
7. 1967-1968 C.E. - israel declareed state for judaism
8. 2014-2015 C.E.

So actually the Jews recently anyway have done rather well during the blood moon festival correlations

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Actually, Israel was declared a nation in 1948 and in 1967 Jerusalem was captured by Israel.. The 1493-94 came after the Jews were expelled from Spain after the Spanish inquisition..

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Does anyone know what date this will be visible from Australia?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kangajack

Maybe this will help. I did not see this one and it is a better article.
NASA Map of Visibility

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kangajack

April 15th?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think the reference to christians is for the blood moon in revelations....Revelation 6:12

"I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,"

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

reply to post by MOMof3

I don't know why Christians would really care but as for the Jews, 4 Blood Moons fall on 2 Passovers and 2 Sukkots over the next year and what is really interesting is that everytime these occur, the Jews go through some sort of trial whether it be war or other.

Well, Christians should be keeping the holy days, instead they invented "mass" and after the catholics had their run on Christ's name the Protestants took over and have remained simply "not catholic" while not being true Christians either. One of the 10 commandments is to keep God's days holy and remember them. Instead we have easter egg hunts and "fall festivals" at most protestant churches. God's calendar is luni-solar, our gregorian calendar from pope Gregory is solar, and the Jewish calendar still is lunar only. If you read the first part of genesis it talks about how God placed both the sun and moon to keep the years and feasts, so no the Jewish calendar is wrong. Both calendars the Jewish and gregorian are imperfect, and have to be altered every so often, think leap years. Look up the luni-solar calendar and you will be more enlightened for it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
No, I don't fear the end of days on this one. I don't even fear it on the last of the four. They are a sign. That's all.

It could be they mark the next big step in prophecy, but whatever it is, it will be for Israel and the Jews, not for us specifically although events in Israel can play into prophecy and most unfulfilled prophecies are the ones at the end.

But don't let that stop you from your mockery, blog author.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
I think the reference to christians is for the blood moon in revelations....Revelation 6:12

"I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,"

It's interesting because in between the 2nd and 3rd Blood Moon there is a Solar Eclipse also which falls on March 20, 2015 (Adar 29 Nisan 1). Don't know if the date is significant but anyway..

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I really think people have much more important things to be concerned with other than this kind of cayuse crap.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I dunno...

Maybe it's just me, but I find lunar eclipses and other astronomical events interesting enough without needing to lump some sort of religious significance together with it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
For sure, the astronomical events this year are rare and interesting.

It is of interest to Jews and Christians, whether you like it or not. The last one was 1967-68.

I don't know what is real or not, but this is a conspiracy site, so we are free to wonder "what if?".

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

MOMof3
For sure, the astronomical events this year are rare and interesting.

It is of interest to Jews and Christians, whether you like it or not. The last one was 1967-68.

I don't know what is real or not, but this is a conspiracy site, so we are free to wonder "what if?".

Maybe for the Jews and Christians who are into more of the "mysticism" of their respective faiths, but I think if you asked most average practicing Jews and Christians about this, they would reply "huh?"

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Well, it is in the bible, twice that I recall. Both times associated with prophecy. Prophecy is what the Jewish and Christian religions are based upon. Prophecy is mysticism.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

MOMof3

Well, it is in the bible, twice that I recall. Both times associated with prophecy. Prophecy is what the Jewish and Christian religions are based upon. Prophecy is mysticism.

Similar answer. Most average practicing Jews and Christians don't really take the bible too literally -- including not taking prophecies too literally, nor associating a prophecy with contemporary or current events (or even taking prophecies literally). I'm sure there are fundamentalist Christians who do, but most Christians are not fundamentalists.

I doubt even most mainstream Christian theologists take the bible too literally.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

MOMof3

Similar answer. Most average practicing Jews and Christians don't really take the bible too literally -- including not taking prophecies too literally, nor associating a prophecy with contemporary or current events (or even taking prophecies literally). I'm sure there are fundamentalist Christians who do, but most Christians are not fundamentalists.

I doubt even most mainstream Christian theologists take the bible too literally.

Prophecy isn't meant to be taken literally. If a 4 headed bear is predicted to take over the world I can guarantee you it will not be a 4 headed bear. What's sad is some would think a 4 headed bear was going to crash from the sky or something.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

This is cool. I'm quite familiar with total eclipses in the past being on Nisan 14 as well, also partial ones.

You may ask what is Nisan 14. The Jewish calender starts with the month of Nisan. Now they used a lunar calender. The first of the month started on a new moon and the month was usually 30 days long. In the middle of their month, on the 14th was almost always the full moon.

The month of Nisan is the first month of the Jewish calender, because they start it from when they were released from slavery in Egypt.

Thus on Nisan 14 is the full moon. It is also* the most important date in Biblical and human history.

There are several events off the top of my head that are on Nisan 14.

The first occurred on Nisan 14, 1943 B. C. E. That is the day Abraham passed over into the Promised Land (the land of Canaan) and Jehovah God make a covenant with him. And enduring and lasting covenant. That all the peoples of the earth would be blessed by means of his seed.

Now, thirty years later God foretold that Abraham's offspring would grow into a mighty nation (actually nations would come from him, but in this prophecy he was referring to his offspring by means of Isaac) and 400 years later Jehovah would give them attention and release them from the slavery.

430 years to the day after Abraham had entered the Promised Land, and exactly as foretold, on 1513 B. C. E. on the day Nisan 14 Jehovah used Moses to liberate the people from slavery to Egypt as he sent his 10th and final plague upon the hard-hearted Pharaoh of Egypt. All Israelites were told to slaughter a lamb and sprinkle its blood on their doorposts so as to avoid the angel of death who was to put to death every firstborn in Egypt. They then ate the lamb, along with unleavened bread.

By the light of the full moon the Israelites were lead through the Red Sea and into the wilderness to Mt Sinai where the Law Covenant was formed with the nation.

1,545 years to the day, on Nisan 14, 33 C. E. Jesus was hung upon a stake and murdered. That night he instituted the Lord's Evening Meal, also known as the Memorial of Christ's Death, after celebrating Passover. Thus fulfilling the typical representation of the slaughtered lamb (who represent Christ himself), and the firstborn who was to die. He being the firstborn, and only-begotten son of Jehovah God.

The most important date in human history is indeed Nisan 14, 33 C. E. For that is the day Jesus gave up his life for mankind. Showing the great love he has for us.

Many professed Christians celebrate a plethora of holidays, but only one group actually obey Jesus' command to celebrate the night of his death.

The Christian is under no obligation to celebrate or uphold any other holiday (all the others are pagan or political in nature in any event) instituted by this world.
edit on 7-4-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join