It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman uncovers 'Butt Song' in 500 yr old painting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
No conspiracy here, ATS; just something interestiing. In a painting named "The Garden of Earthly Delights" by an Artist named Hieronymus Bosch, a music student has found musical notes painted on someone's butt. I know that early artists painted weird things on the bottom layers of their paintings, there's even the well politicized UFO presence in some paintings and ancient Artist depictions. Anyway, just found this interesting.

What say you, ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-4-2014 by lostbook because: forgot link

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Cool find! It's a pretty random melody, I have to say, not something I'd hope to hear from the painting, but hey, consider where the artist put the notes...

peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Oh that's awesome. I like how she called the painting a 500 year old where's waldo. hehe.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What I find more amazing than anything is how old that style of musical notation actually is. I'm not much of a history person so stuff like this amazes me. That people from 500 years ago could actually write sheet music that we can play today is amazing imo. It makes me wonder what other amazing things are hidden in ancient art works...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

People used to travel afar to view famous paintings. They would stand and stare for hours, discussing and arguing this or that hidden nuance and meaning. Books were written, societies formed.

All for a single frame…

(shudder)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I believe this to be a piece of music called "The brown note".

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

I need to get my kids recorder....

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Very interesting how that college student was able to "crack" the musical code.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I'm surprised know one has ever thought to transpose this "Butt Song" before.
Result: Butt Song tats on butts.
Finder also failed to use intended instrument for this score. The Butt.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Bosch was a trip. If you enjoy this kind of art Dave Patchett is someone who I always found interesting and comparable.

One of my favorites.
1058660760.n82093.test.prositehosting.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder
What I find more amazing than anything is how old that style of musical notation actually is. I'm not much of a history person so stuff like this amazes me. That people from 500 years ago could actually write sheet music that we can play today is amazing imo. It makes me wonder what other amazing things are hidden in ancient art works...

Now, that's a proclamation I can really get "behind."

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

weirdguy
I believe this to be a piece of music called "The brown note".

Are you prepared to "back" up that statement?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Did they intend for this song to be played on horns? French horns or Tubas perhaps?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

That is very cool! s&f for you!

As a musician my self I really like these kinds of stories, It reminds me of a documentry I once watched about musical scores were found hidden with FreeMason architecture over in Scotland or England. Great Find my friend, Thanks for presenting it to us!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder

What is even more insane is how music is inherently based in math... maybe it was the combination to his luggage, painted there so he could remember it? OR... maybe it is the math that explains the universe, just waiting to come out from where the sun don't shine... fascinating.

new topics

top topics

join