It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romania’s granny spinning thugs spark outrage on social media

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

POLICE in Romania are investigating a group of ‘granny spinning’ thugs who posted a video to Facebook showing them terrorising an elderly lady.

Reported in the Mirror , the gang of youths are seen hanging outside a local bar in the village of Jilava, near the capital Bucharest, before one of them grabs the woman and starts spinning her around and around in circles.

The disturbing video shows the teens in fits of laughter amid the granny’s screams of terror.

www.couriermail.com.au...

Well, this is quite disgusting.

I hope the Police catch these thugs, as no person should have to be physically assaulted in such a way.

Here is the video showing the incident in question:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
LESSON #374:

Don't drink radiator fluid, kids!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am a bad man...

I laughed pretty hard at that.

When I was young, dumb and full of... great ideas, we spun kittens. Wow. They would vibrate on their backs with their legs pointing straight up and their eyes bugged out. It was a one time thing, ok? but too funny. This reminded me of that and is maybe why I laughed so hard. Not sure what to think of this. There is little margin for error and could result in death. She may live an extra couple years now though, so it is a toss up.
edit on 5-4-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It is wrong, the woman didn't like it, and I wouldn't want to have that done to me unkowingly... but I would be lying if I tried to say I didn't laugh a little bit.

Maybe I just watched too much Monty Python as a kid.

Judge me if you must.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Well, i do admit that i cracked a smile initially, but i do find the act quite appalling.

That woman was being assaulted, and indeed, it would have been quite horrible being in her position...having numerous teenagers/young adults standing around and spinning her around, only to release her, and then chase her down again. It is something no one should have to deal with, let a lone an elderly woman.

I find the act quite despicable. Hopefully the police get on to them.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

daaskapital
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Well, i do admit that i cracked a smile initially, but i do find the act quite appalling.

That woman was being assaulted, and indeed, it would have been quite horrible being in her position...having numerous teenagers/young adults standing around and spinning her around, only to release her, and then chase her down again. It is something no one should have to deal with, let a lone an elderly woman.

I find the act quite despicable. Hopefully the police get on to them.

I agree. If that video is up. then police should be all over it. I know that *snip* wouldn't fly here in Canada. I am not sure how things work in Romania but I like to think respect for elders was a universal understanding. I am not ragging on Romania for giving birth to such hooliganism, we have quite a bit of our own, but police response to this would show their worth indeed.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I laughed so hard when I first saw this until I realized what was going on. Then I felt bad.

Watched it again and still laughed.

I'm weak...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wow, after reading some of the comments before watching the video I was expecting something else... maybe something funny... but that wasn't. Poor thing

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wouldn't happen around me i tell ya, or anyone i know for that matter.
Glad i surround myself with good friends.

While the video is amusing for mild entertainment (as much "people being asshats" videos go)
I would probably have called the cops, grabbed some friends, and kicked the crap out of them.

Respect your elders, Everyone deserves a little respect (unless you're an aforementioned asshat)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The thing that pisses me off most is the kids probably just ruined this lady's feeling of security forever. I know that they didn't physically harm her, but when one feels safe walking down the street unaccosted one day, and this happens the next... well? Now she will have to worry about this happening every time she leaves the house. The elderly become more afraid most of the time as it is. They become frail and know that they can not protect themselves as well as they used to.

She has lived a pretty long life (judging by her face on the video) with probably little issue thus far and now has to worry about this in her last years.

While it may have appeared funny, I can not get the thought out of my mind that they robbed her of her security and she will probably never live long enough to get it back. That's a hard way to live. In fear.

Maybe I am just being over dramatic, but I see my own aging mother when I watch this and I would have been put in jail had they terrified her like that.
edit on 4/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh myyyyy.....

I did laugh a little but I agree, her sense of security is now probably gone.

That would not happen in my area, all the Nans out here are about 35....

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If someone did that to my grandmother they would be spitting out their teeth id f them up but i have to admit it made me laugh a little bit, just like when someone falls over and its not funny but you crack up laughing..

What idiots though like someone said, she will probably live in fear now.. Maybe they knew her though who knows still pretty bad ya cant just go around spinning grannys around!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Bwhahaha .... I cant! I don't even.... I just ....
*slap my self*...

I hate my self right now....

I am out of this thread ...

Where's slayer ! I need a slayer thread !

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well i laughed really hard, then replayed it and laughed even harder, then I read the comments and rolled around on the floor laughing

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Yep, I'm going to hell guys.

I laughed too, but if it was my Mimi, I would have to open a can of whoopass.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

AzureSky
Wouldn't happen around me i tell ya, or anyone i know for that matter.
Glad i surround myself with good friends.

While the video is amusing for mild entertainment (as much "people being asshats" videos go)
I would probably have called the cops, grabbed some friends, and kicked the crap out of them.

Im sure you would hmmmmm

another person with great bravado behind their comp screen!!

Always people calling the cops, grassing people up!! Snakes!!

This is a prank and nothing more. Obviously the choice of victim is not so good!! How would I respond? A slap on the wrist and an apology to the female victim!! That is all that is needed!!

edit on 6-4-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
She better not be a Russian Citizen or Romania is in BIG trouble! On a serious note, I hate punks like this.No respect.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

MALBOSIA
I am a bad man...

I laughed pretty hard at that.

When I was young, dumb and full of... great ideas, we spun kittens. Wow. They would vibrate on their backs with their legs pointing straight up and their eyes bugged out. It was a one time thing, ok? but too funny. This reminded me of that and is maybe why I laughed so hard. Not sure what to think of this. There is little margin for error and could result in death. She may live an extra couple years now though, so it is a toss up.
edit on 5-4-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

You are right you are a bad person and I bet Karma has payed you back some. Even when I was a troubled teenager I never was cruel to people or animals. This takes a certain kind of person and it is the kind of people you want to avoid. Some stains are harder then others to wash away.

Empathy is a very important thing to teach your children. It is so sad so many parents leave it out in favor of telling there kids they are winners over and over again.
edit on 6-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Dont know what is worse , the low life trash spinning her or the people who get any kind of pleasure laughing at it. What is this world coming to. Let me off.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm confused.......?

What is so funny about this.....?

How come some ATS members found this funny...?

There are obviously a lot of dumbass pea-brained individuals leaving comments on this thread...... If you laughed at this then you seriously need to look at yourself......

Regards

PDUK

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join