It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS website is turning to mud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Totally agree with most of the comments.
I can't really read the first page of most threads because of the stupid social network stuff.
I don't want it!! I don't use it!! Give people like me, who are the MAJORITY the option to turn it off.
ATS has become way too messy.
Please listen ATS, most do not use the social stuff.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

How can you claim that you speak for the MAJORITY, on a less than 2 page thread of complaints about some aspects of the new format on ATS.

I remember last year, complaints from the, I guess you'd call the MINORITY, about not being able to access ATS from other devices than computers.

How often do you see people walking around with their laptops in their hands? A very small number if at all. I do see just about every Tom Dick and Harry, tapping away on hand held devices, and I know a MAJORITY of my friends now use those hand held devices for just about everything from shopping online, to posting online.

It's called keeping up with the times. I guess you'd rather only people using what you use to go online, be allowed to access ATS.

That makes no sense. Many ways to circumvent things you don't like in the new format, have been posted numerous times in numerous threads.

If you are too lazy to implement those *fixes* on your end, it's not ATS's problem.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I didn't like the design until the second week. I think its actually more usable than the old one. They still haven't figured out the smilies, they're still not as good (1st world problem...). When I read your title I thought you would rant about degrading quality of threads and content in general.

Why rant when we know the future is moving at a steady pace towards this:

from Idiocracy, great movie.

edit on 6-4-2014 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

Because the primary goal of this site is to make money. It is a business. Everything else, including content, is ultimately secondary. Welcome to capitalism.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I have never seen a single ad or pop up since I joined ATS.

The only time I see them is if I'm not logged in but once I log in they all disappear.

I use Safari and it seems to block ads on all sites I go to even FB I see no ads.

ATS has changed I agree but it was bound to happen. You can either take it or move on. It's pretty simple. I hated the change at first but it was inevitable.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The bottom advert that appears once in a while is for ATS Live different shows, AMAs, DTOM videos...I appreciate the reminder so it doesn't bother me.

As for the new bar on the right, I don't use it so who cares, really?

Advertising has never bothered me nor has it changed my experience on ATS since the day I joined. I don't even notice them most of the time.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

What are you talking about? I use my cell phone exclusively to post on ATS and the new social tabs have hindered and ruined the experience.
I have no issues with progress at all, and love connecting with a mobile device, what i don't like is all the clutter and the how difficult it is to read the first posts of threads.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Iam posting this from my cell phone,and my screen isn't blocked by anything...I thought SO disabled the social media buttons for all who use phones,tablets etc. I never see them unless on my laptop.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Well I always use the desktop version on sites because the mobile versions are not great.
The mobile version of ATS is particularly bad, very cramped and not fun to navigate.
A few people did ask for an option to hide the tab or put it along the top.
Sadly the staff were not interested and seem to be happy blocking and obscuring the content on the first page of every single thread.

What can you do huh?
NM.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Using FIREFOX+adblock plus with fanboy's social blocking list (disable allowing acceptable ads),no ads and annoying buttons appears.

<< 1   >>

join