It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armoured Moon Buggies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Any chance of links to armoured moon buggy designs?
They would be quite cool, but quite heavy, but seeing as it's 1/6 Earth gravity, it won't be too heavy!
Why you ask I need this links for?
If I'm succsessfull, you'll find out.
Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why would there be need for an armoured moon buggy? I doubt any country would send a group of humans there and beat on a moon buggy.
It'll cool though =)

[edit on 26-11-2004 by BurningAces]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There wasn't any armor on the moon buggies. In fact, they were extremely LIGHT vehicles with no shielding at all.

Sending anything into space takes a LOT of fuel -- there was a weight limit to the payload. I'm sure someone can find a link to how much weight those rockets could carry, but it sure wasn't that much, nor did they have enough fuel on the landers to slow an unusually heavy craft.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I know their was no armour, I'm saying does anyone know of any links to ones made with armour and weapons etc... by the public or companies?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If you mean toys, there may be some toys around. Check some of the toy collector sites.

But if you mean the Real Stuff, no -- no ones were ever made. Things made for the moon were generally a "one of a kind" production and there was no mass production. They aren't practical on Earth, being a very low-powered and short-range vehicle. Put armor and weapons on them, and they'd have enough power to maybe turn around once before they ran out of juice.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sure, don't you remember Moon Patrol???

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
LOL!

Never remembered that...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Someone been watchin too much Armageddon???

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Haven't seen that film in ages...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Why would there be need for an armoured moon buggy? I doubt any country would send a group of humans there and beat on a moon buggy.
It'll cool though =)

People have this dream of utopia in space well it arent going be like that . It will a case of bang or bust and some people wont hesitate to use illegal means of makeing a fortunate. If a company is developing a armoured moon buggy it is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
LOL! Byrd, you are like a physics professor teaching a third grade class.

Watching this makes me want to switch from beer to bourbon!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I think we should first focus on establishing a civilization or base of some sort before we start going into defense (that is what the armoured moon buggy would be for correct?) of said assets. Unless there is a need for defense, armoured buggies will never be a reality. As Byrd stated, the more something weighs, the more fuel needed to escape the earth's atmosphere. I think the going rate now is about $10,000 per pound. The average person weighs around 160-180 pounds. To get one into space would cost $1.6 to $1.8 million; not including the weight of supplies, the launch vehicle and shuttle itself, the weight of the fuel itself and the armoured buggy itself (and a number of other things I no doubtedly left out). If you have that kind of money then just call me your new best friend.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Think about it like this, in 100 years time, companies are now working on the Moon. Mining, building and selling whatever they get. But one corporation needs more space and has no-where to expand to, so what would they fight with...

top topics

join