It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Conversations with God'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

guidetube
so what was the message?

I don't know what you mean, but I've got a message for you.

Your purpose is to be who you want to be, the best image of yourself you can imagine? It's up to you to be that and even though this physical universe has the laws we created, nothing is impossible.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by guidetube

Message seems to be that nobody asks the right questions. Its a link to book where writer experiences a automatic writing and has a chat with God.. tho the questions are flawed and answers too.. IMO

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

dollukka

Message seems to be that nobody asks the right questions. Its a link to book where writer experiences a automatic writing and has a chat with God.. tho the questions are flawed and answers too.. IMO

Fundamental parts of Walsch's writings are also mirrored within other well known spiritual writings and traditions:

All things are one, there is no polarity, no right or wrong, no disharmony, but only identity. All is one, and that one is love/light, light/love, the Infinite Creator. (The Law of One/Sikhism))
Souls reincarnate to eventually experience God-realization (Hinduism/' 'Bhagavad-Gita/Sikhism).
Feelings are more important as a source of guidance than intellect (Rousseau/Sikhism).
We are not here to learn anything new but to remember what we already know (Hinduism/Plato/Sikhism).
Physical reality is an illusion (Hinduism/ Buddhism's concept of maya/Sikhism).
One cannot understand one thing unless he or she understands its opposite (Tao Te Ching).
God is everything. (Hinduism / Spinoza / Brahman/Sikhism)
God is self-experiential, in that it is the nature of the Universe to experience itself. (Hinduism/Hegel/Sikhism), and process theology as first outlined by Alfred North Whitehead)
God is not fear-inducing or vengeful, only our parental (projections/Sikhism) onto God are. Fear or love are the two basic alternative perspectives on life [4] (Drewermann)
Good and evil do not exist (as absolutes, but can exist in a different context and for different reasons as Nietzsche/Sikhism).
Reality is a representation created by will. (Schopenhauer/Sikhism)
Nobody knowingly desires evil. (Socrates/Sikhism)
It's just a ride. (Bill Hicks)

I just used Wikipedia to prove your opinion of flawed answers is just that, opinion.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

LightSpeedDriver
/me throws bar-stool into the crowd, ducks under table and reloads...

"Reloading!..."

PMSL…

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Well, you are. Denying it doesn't change it.

Sorry, nope… not God.

You are light slowed down, are you not?

Only human.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

intrptr

You are light slowed down, are you not?

Only human.

Only a few billion atoms then? What is energy made of? Mass and? Are you the mass?

edit on th2014-04-05T20:50:45-05:0020143030-05:00Sat, 05 Apr 2014 20:50:45 -05002014p08 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

dollukka

Fundamental parts of Walsch's writings are also mirrored within other well known spiritual writings and traditions:

All things are one, there is no polarity, no right or wrong, no disharmony, but only identity. All is one, and that one is love/light, light/love, the Infinite Creator. (The Law of One/Sikhism))
Souls reincarnate to eventually experience God-realization (Hinduism/' 'Bhagavad-Gita/Sikhism).
Feelings are more important as a source of guidance than intellect (Rousseau/Sikhism).
We are not here to learn anything new but to remember what we already know (Hinduism/Plato/Sikhism).
Physical reality is an illusion (Hinduism/ Buddhism's concept of maya/Sikhism).
One cannot understand one thing unless he or she understands its opposite (Tao Te Ching).
God is everything. (Hinduism / Spinoza / Brahman/Sikhism)
God is self-experiential, in that it is the nature of the Universe to experience itself. (Hinduism/Hegel/Sikhism), and process theology as first outlined by Alfred North Whitehead)
God is not fear-inducing or vengeful, only our parental (projections/Sikhism) onto God are. Fear or love are the two basic alternative perspectives on life [4] (Drewermann)
Good and evil do not exist (as absolutes, but can exist in a different context and for different reasons as Nietzsche/Sikhism).
Reality is a representation created by will. (Schopenhauer/Sikhism)
Nobody knowingly desires evil. (Socrates/Sikhism)
It's just a ride. (Bill Hicks)
I just used Wikipedia to prove your opinion of flawed answers is just that, opinion.

No untruths here, Ive always called experiencing different lifetimes a "Game" (and yes it is a ride and playing it well is an oblique objective). Ive observed the attempt to outsmart personal Karma. You incarnated for lesson learning; sort of a Dantes Inferno of seaching out ones individual soul truths (the progression of yours). You choose to have cancer in this lifetime, you choose to have your difficulties in order to balance your soul Karma. Sometimes you might be murdered in a life because the other 'soul constituancy' you may have murdered needed balancing. Not saying its fair rather ITS OFF THE RAILS right now as in INSTANT. Not much time left here for retrofitting (used to be 1000s of years if you are in the belief that you personally have encountered 200 to 500 lifetimes). Reason; because you as A God Partical wants to experience everything possible to know itself (and I mean everything down to if you bite your toenails). You choose to be either a war hero intact or an IED amputee in that lifetime. Why is this so hard for people to understand, there are no victims of circumstance because it is all of their own personal choosing (we are made to forget all plans at the moment of incarnation) otherwise the point of the exercise is MUTE (and I dont care how many times you said to yourself in class preparation 'I will remember' you WONT). This is why the 3rd dimension is so tricky and challenging (this is the only dynamic in all of creation that exists BTW). You should laud yourselves for having been one of many others from different dimensions trying to incarnate here on Earth. Like waiting for a visa for 500,000 years. Someone says to you so another God proclaiming itself, well yes, the same one as you; you are simply ignorant to the fact.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Salute! Youre good at speaking your truth brother, I hope you've got a clear idea on who you want to be.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Are you the mass?

I am the driver. Without me the car sits empty, devoid of life… just metal and plastic.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

intrptr

Are you the mass?

I am the driver. Without me the car sits empty, devoid of life… just metal and plastic.

So you're admitting you are God then?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You keep twisting what I am saying.

Maybe more a slave to my own desires, that too is part of being human. Not alright, just a fact.

Humans aren't gods, merely mortal. One day I will shed this husk, look me up and we'll laugh about it.

You didn't address any of my earlier points. Last reply here.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Salute! Youre good at speaking your truth brother, I hope you've got a clear idea on who you want to be.

I know exactly who I am and the path I am on. You alluded in a prior post to someone else "to imagine"; you are exactly on point with this, as one can imagine itself into its potencial perfect beingness. Imagination is the key to everything, as it is ones individual expression of the huge potencials of creativity existing (just a simple thought process). I agree with everything you say; and as I see you have some backlash dont pay any attention to it; its based in ignorance/fear (if those only knew how powerful and creative a mechanism imagination is for change; all exponencials of).
edit on 5-4-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I have a question for you... Are you a religious person and if so, what religion do you follow?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I read this book avidly some years ago, hoping for truth and enlightenment.

I was disappointed.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

intrptr

Humans aren't gods, merely mortal.

This is true but does that mean that we cannot walk in the footsteps of God which would then make us Sons of God? The Bible does say "Do you not know that you are the Temple of God".. In other words we can become God through the implementation of God's laws and commandments in our very own lives.. Imagine 7 billion people living like this, the Kingdom of God would manifest on the Earth.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of this book. However, I must point out that there are some proposals that either don't pass my personal litmus test, or I believe are incongruent with the answer for all of humankind. So, with that said, I admire the approach and the intent, but I caution (God?) for telling humans how to live life.

The most powerful takeaway from this book is that you are the alpha and the omega and that you control your existence. With that being said, it doesn't follow that there are some "conditions" that are recognized as good practice. If that is the case, then why, exactly am I here to begin with - to fulfill another purpose?...seems a bit hypocritical.

If am the incarnation of a higher entity, then I should live life exactly as I see fit. In which case, I choose to consider the "Conversations with God" series as one of a multitude ways to approach life. I will also consider the Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Anarchy, etc.

Thank you Mr. Walsch for your writings. Now, I must move on with my life...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I read though the book, it reminded me of the Seth Speaks books from the early 80's.
Strange this god only mentions the prophets Adam, Moses, Jesus, and Buddha, no Noah.
I guess this god did not know we were going to release a big movie about Noah, and it would raise a lot of controversy about the story.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MinangATS

Yeah, but the book is written in "laymen's" terms, which means not every aspect of the history of the universe is revealed. Even if Noah was included, I'm sure there are 50 more religions who will have issues with some aspect of their history not being mentioned. In any case, the book is written in western ideology, with freedom as its primary purpose. If you want to expose the book, walk a mile in a foreign frame of mind. It begins to lose its luster.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

intrptr

You keep twisting what I am saying.
Maybe more a slave to my own desires, that too is part of being human. Not alright, just a fact.

Humans aren't gods, merely mortal. One day I will shed this husk, look me up and we'll laugh about it.

Mortality? The human body is a vessel is all, as a body only flesh and bone able to hold the eternal soul spirit: IE eternal (everlasting neverending). Shed the husk and plant yourself, as corn I would suppose field or fresh? Who told you humans arent Gods even though the body is mortal; you are more than a body.
edit on 5-4-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

facelift

Ok, so I read your Acknowledgments and Intro....and gotta tell ya', it seems as if your 'book' is nothing more than a cheap therapy session, that hopefully only you partake in.

Glad it worked for you, and thank goodness we all don't think alike.

Like I always do, I research the source.

Neale Donald Walsch is the writer. He is panentheist. It is just a guy's idea about New Spirituality, that's all, nothing new.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join