It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 year old shoots 11 year old

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
See, if the 11 year old was armed, he could have offed the 2 year old before being shot!
We clearly need to relax more gun laws is the lesson here
-message brought to you by the NRA

Want a pistol? get trained on a pistol first, update your certificate yearly. If it is improperly stored on a premise where youth are at, a big fat fine seems in order. Feel free to work out the details.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

freedomSlave

benrl

NO amount of required training, will prevent stupid from being stupid.

How about stop giving stupid people fire arms

Who defines who the stupid people are?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Officials say the 2-year-old boy pointed the loaded, cocked gun in the direction of the 11-year-old AND PULLED THE TRIGGER, striking her in the arm. The bullet went through her arm and entered her chest.

"when it went off" Pfft.. Firearms don't just go off by themselves!

Other than that, irresponsibility of the parents seems key. Maybe even worse, get a child to do your dirty work, get away with murder? Either way punishment is due to the adults.
Firepiston
edit on 5-4-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

dunno say the ones who cannot pass safety training

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

freedomSlave

benrl

NO amount of required training, will prevent stupid from being stupid.

How about stop giving stupid people fire arms

yep another inanimate object kills another
edit on 5/4/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

Im all for limiting the damage stupid can do, don't get me wrong.

Fortunately, Im not in charge of that.

We are a country of laws, some of those are upheld at a much higher regard than others.

Like those rights given to us by the constitution, one of those is fairly plainly worded to limit such infringement.

It boggles my mind, that in a nation (here in the US) where laws on the books are poorly enforced, that people think the answer is more laws and bureaucracy.

Rather than the simple solution of enforcing the laws we already have.

Yet, nope, its more, require this, add this, take away that.

When, we are not enforcing the existing laws as strictly as It should, yet more will magically help.
edit on 5-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The first part of your post cracked me up!

As for the 2nd part...I agree and don't agree. I think we should require some sort of training but then I think about folks who can't afford the training or the cost of the certificate/permit. We would then be limiting firearms to only those with enough money to afford to, not only buy a firearm, but who could afford the training. Doesn't seem right to me and would, in my opinion, violate their Constitutional rights.

Now, if some cool organization who is all about firearms, owners and their rights would come along and offer to train everyone for free....but I don't think that's going to happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

Yep, and in my mind, the owner of that firearm should be held for the murder and lose their right to own a firearm. The parent that left those kids in a room with a loaded firearm (if not the one who owned it) should face a fine and lose custody of their kids. That's a very black and white answer but that's just my thought on the subject.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Feltrick
I think about folks who can't afford the training or the cost of the certificate/permit.

I think they are rich enough to purchase a firearm to begin with (those things are expensive)
They can afford a 40$ a year basic training held at their local guns and ammo shop I would think.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Gun owner, and mother, should face serious consequences.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Still there need to be a proof of competency .

I wish there was a registry when purchase of fire arms down there , might help choke up the guns on the black market here , there is good money buying guns and smuggling them up here selling them on the street.

I really don't care if people want to collect guns I do care about the willy nilly laws that do have an affect up here .

We need a license for everything why should fire arms be any different

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by benrl

Still there need to be a proof of competency .

I wish there was a registry when purchase of fire arms down there , might help choke up the guns on the black market here , there is good money buying guns and smuggling them up here selling them on the street.

I really don't care if people want to collect guns I do care about the willy nilly laws that do have an affect up here .

We need a license for everything why should fire arms be any different

Again, different country, different set of problems, there is no WE here in this conversation.

That sounds like a Canadian problem, something that needs to be addressed by the laws of your land.

Your police, need to enforce the laws on the books, and crack down on smuggling.

We kinda each have a responsibility to handle our own crap, and when bad things happen because of it, step up and face the responsibility it causes.

In the case of smuggling, laxed laws, and a #ty neighbor, means the citizens need to petition their government to solve.

NOW WE Americans down here, could help solve that problem, by saying, enforcing the laws that say if you do illegal things with guns, you face the courts.

But apparently more legislation that wont be honored is the answer, as opposed...

I really feel like im beating a dead horse with this concept.
edit on 5-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

SaturnFX

Feltrick
I think about folks who can't afford the training or the cost of the certificate/permit.

I think they are rich enough to purchase a firearm to begin with (those things are expensive)
They can afford a 40$ a year basic training held at their local guns and ammo shop I would think.

They really are not expensive depending. Ammo these days now that is a different story.
Firepiston

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

FirePiston

SaturnFX

Feltrick

They really are not expensive depending. Ammo these days now that is a different story.
Firepiston

Expensive hobby either way...
fishing licenses cost about 20ish a year just to stand on a bank and fish. most people can afford that, and quite often, that is how they eat.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

benrl

I really feel like im beating a dead horse with this concept.

Ya I know the feeling

So you figure it is up to tax payers to pay for your lack of laws in your country and ramp up our border security have you not seen the size of the border .. But then sure I guess you guys can foot half that bill since it is your criminals bringing them over

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The main problem with the license idea, no matter the expense, is that the Constitution states that the right to bear arms shall NOT be infringed. Driving and fishing do require licenses but neither are a guaranteed right under the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

No we in this conversation when it is effecting us directly just keep your mouth shut and deal with it is your mentality? pffffffff
Pathetic

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Feltrick
No, because I know that all the training in the world, all the background checks, all the restrictive Philadelphia gun laws would not have prevented this tragedy. Personal responsibility....

Put a 'Warning Label' on it.

Might Cause Severe Injury Or Death

yeah....

a warning label

link   
reply to post by benrl

Arm the insane, I say!

Imagine it, a desert of bleached bones, broken houses and wild animals, all wrapped in a flag.

Murrica!

link   
Agreed that this is not a gun issue at all but one of responsibility.

Also agreed some will get rabid about this. Could have been a knife or poison or any other number of things irresponsibly been left out where children could get to them.

But training can't hurt. Way too many gun owners never get any.

That being said, when my son was young, I always asked the parents of any home he was playing in or visiting if they had weapons in the house and how they were secured and always provided the same information to the parents of any child who came to play here. I only ever had one mother freak out and not let her child play here even though the gun was well out of a child's grasp. This is something that must always be in the forefront of your mind whenever anyone not familiar with your home, not just a child, enters it.

SaturnFX
See, if the 11 year old was armed, he could have offed the 2 year old before being shot!
We clearly need to relax more gun laws is the lesson here
-message brought to you by the NRA

Yeah.

edit on 4/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

cosmikDebris
Our Constitutional right to bear arms is part of what makes America great. The percentage of idiot gun owners make the country a shame.

Erm, ever thought that that the "idiot" percentage that will always exist is why bearing arms makes the US look foolish?

Look, let's be honest here, the "right to bear arms" was thought up by Europeans (vast majority British !!!!!) at a time when they were peeed off with the attitude of the "home" sovereign and parliament (King George III and the UK government). That attitude and decision making is over 250 years old.Come on !!! wake up it is TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY YEARS OLD. sheeesh.

Anyone who clings to decisions 250 years old as being 100% relevant to the modern world really has to take a reality pill.....oh hang on should that be reality potion with a song and dance at midnight.

Here is a UK law that is far less than 250 years old : A policeman must give up their helmet to a pregnant woman in order for that woman to relieve herself should a toilet not be available. Makes perfect sense when it was drawn up, totally nuts now.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join