It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Sensing Earthquake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I thought this was kinda cool when I found it on another site. Thought I would share. Granted I've heard a rumble before the ground started shaking in the past that I thought was thunder, so that might be all this is. I've heard a lot of stories about animals being able to sense a quake coming though. Not a whole lot of time between the cat getting spooked and the shaking, wonder how long the cat was acting odd before.

Have any of you had experience with a pet sensing a quake before it happens? Any thoughts on how they can?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I just saw that,

I fully believe animals are more in tune with nature, Id even go so far as perhaps having senses we are un-aware of.

Studies have shown dogs will know when their owner has left work (not scheduled time, time they actually leave) they have a phisilogical response to the action of their owner deciding to come home.

theres always been reports of animals sensing EQs, I remember my lab growing up would whine to go outside a few minutes before an earth quake.

At first I chalked it up to coincidence and unrelated events, maybe he was detecting the motion from trees before we could, any number of ques.

One time, though he woke from a dead sleep in the middle of the night, made a mad dash to the door panicked, sure enough small quake.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

My two dogs used to be able to sense an on coming earthquake. I say used to because the one I had to put down in Jan.due to kidney failure.(he was 19 years old). The first time an earthquake hit here they didn't know what was going on,but every time there after they would whine for no reason with this certain "look" on their faces,and I would have a 2 minute warning. We haven't had any tremors in a quite a while here now,but my last dog will let me know just before it hits.
edit on 5-4-2014 by Dimithae because: Can't type today.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Reddit? Me too. I always feel like a s&f whore (even though I really don't care about it) x posting but it seems like not too many people here frequent that site and it has some great stuff.

I've never heard that about dogs. Interesting. I'll try to find some more info on it later.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by benrl

Reddit? Me too. I always feel like a s&f whore (even though I really don't care about it) x posting but it seems like not too many people here frequent that site and it has some great stuff.

I've never heard that about dogs. Interesting. I'll try to find some more info on it later.

Yep reddit, just getting into it, sometimes there is conspiracy stuff on there you'd never find here for various reasons, obvious hoax etc, I still find looking at the crazy crap fun... why I came here in the first place.

Heres a brave move, Im Benrl there as well with a few numbers thrown in, lol not that brave.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Something will always be funny seeing a cat trying to get traction on a hardwood floor. I just hope my two cats are on the job when and if the big one comes to my neck of the woods but I'm gonna bet they'll be asleep at that very moment.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Now that is a cool little gif!

That cat was totally freaking out...lol

The funny guy in me keeps thinking that the cat thought it had caused the EQ somehow.

No doubt animals sense these things before we do.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
When we had that 5 pointer earthquake a year or two back, the fish kept swimming just fine in their tank (which was sloshing around) and the dog slept on the couch (that was shaking and jumping) and she slept through the whole thing.

The pets did nothing before or during the earthquake.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Growing up in Cali, I have seen this, I have seen horses freak out for days before an earthquake.

top topics

join