It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Physics Provide New Paradigms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The fact that we continue to make new discoveries in physics pretty much indicates that we do not know everything there is to know. I tend to chuckle to myself whenever folks try to use our current limited understanding of physics and cosmology to debunk UFO's obvious incredible capabilities.

The chemical evolution of galaxies proceeds over time, and once a planet with suitable conditions is located in a peaceful quadrant of a random galaxy the process of life should start much like it did here.

They obviously manage to get here. Some UFOs seem to materialize/dematerialize into and out of seemingly nothing. Whilst others seem to instantaneously zip off into nothingness. My personal feeling is that they have multiple methods of overcoming the speed of light dilemma that we currently face. Even the abduction stories indicate that they can manipulate matter in ways that seem impossible to us. The electromagnetic effects and the occasional reports of certain UFOs causing interference with gyrocompass based navigation equipment are all clues to how they do what they do. They can manipulate space time and matter in an extremly fundamental way. The reports of UFOs plunging into water, and yet not making a splash is also an indicator of how they work. I've often thought that they have a way of canceling matter temporarily as all particles can be described as a wave function, and waves can negatively interfere with each other and seemingly disappear even if only temporarily.

It's up to us to objectively examine the evidence and figure out what they're doing to do what they do. They are showing us what is possible, and in a way they are trailblazing for us provided we are open minded enough to learn from them. It's also possible that they are literally a few billion years ahead of us. The basic chemical evolution of the Universe would be the limiting factor that the earliest a habitable planet could exist so I think there are civilizations literally billions of years older than ours.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
I am not certain that aliens are visiting earth, although they likely exist in the vastness of the universe, but I believe it is possible for other dimensions, which are located right within our own in a sense, to bleed over into our world. Take the famous "flatland" example, where a creature who lives in a two dimensional world cannot even perceive of the "above," although any entities in this third dimension could easily see the flatlander. A very basic example, and one that has some flaws, but it gives a general idea as to how dimensions can exist relative to one another. So a higher dimensional being could be looking at us right now as a whole, or looking upon one or some of us, although we have no idea where this observer is actually located, since we cannot see them. Even in String Theory the extra dimensions are basically located right in front of us. But not all of these dimensions are large either, but we have no clue what could or could not exist in even a small, curled-up dimension. We just are not advanced enough.

Let's take something like paranormal activity. Many of the claims regarding the capabilities of "ghosts" could be explained in a multi-dimensional framework, and would make sense scientifically speaking. I think the bottom line is that physics is lagging very far behind in their understanding of the natural phenomena taking place in our world. Science has come very far in general, but it probably has an even longer way to go, if we wish to reach the point where we truly can explain everything. If this is correct, I find it slightly humorous considering that decades ago there were many scientists who thought breakthrough physics was almost over, that everything would be explained, all the fundamental forces united, etc...

Even modern theories that are accepted as fact have holes in them. The Standard Model is one example. Even our most cherished models do not fully explain every parameter or possibility. The whole idea of String Theory and M-Theory is absurd in my personal opinion, as I think physics made a wrong turn at the beginning of the 20th century, and have been progressing down the wrong road for some time when it comes to the fundamental nature of the universe. There are ideas, such as time having multiple dimensions, that when worked out mathematically and applied to what we see around us, actually take one to virtually the same results of the other theories, and I have even seen one of these fringe theories that does a better job of making physical predictions and explaining natural phenomena than more mainstream ideas. There are a number of scientists working on fringe ideas, or ideas that are not accepted by most scientists, usually because they have never given them the time of day, and some of these could be the correct way to proceed.

Very well said. I have always wondered where theoretical physicists get all their theories from and thought to myself "man if I want an easy job I should be a theoretical physicist". Wake up in the morning and make up some random crap, then make some math to go along with it. No offense to those in the professional because I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that, but some of the "results" they come up with are ridiculous. Why would there be a finite number of dimensions, if any? Surely there would be an infinite number since there is nothing to say otherwise. It just seems as though theoretical physicists make up anything and get paid for it, and some even win Nobel prizes! What ever happened to scientific fact. I know their job is to theorise but it seems too easy.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharted

Very well said. I have always wondered where theoretical physicists get all their theories from and thought to myself "man if I want an easy job I should be a theoretical physicist". Wake up in the morning and make up some random crap, then make some math to go along with it. No offense to those in the professional because I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that

You answered the question yourself that's why you and me and others on here aren't!!!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join