It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Physics Provide New Paradigms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

You're stuck in a materialist paradigm. I have no other way of explaining it to you.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

VoidHawk

If we weigh the two up to see how they balance...

They won't. You're trying to compare apples and oranges. "Aliens from another dimension" doesn't refer to some other universe with different physics. I'm referring to this universe with frames of reference that we cannot perceive. And we know life can exist in this universe, but with some limitations.

1. Aliens in our physical universe.
We exist in our universe, therefore we know other life forms realy can exist here too, in fact, given the number of galaxies, one would be foolish to believe we are the only ones!

We know life really can exist on at least Earth. Throughout the universe? We don't know that...yet. And I don't think it would be foolish to believe we're "it", but it certainly could be xenophobic. The fact of the matter is, we may actually be "it" as far as we can perceive. And that may be the healthiest approach to it...be prepared to accept that we happen to be a gigantic toss of the dimensional and elemental dice. Unless we somehow can find a way to confirm the existence of other dimensions and then to manipulate them.

That isn't to say that I personally feel we're "it". That would suck and be a ginormous waste of real estate. I think they're all around us, all the time. And every now and then, they flit into our existence, sometimes accidentally and often intentionally.

2. Aliens from another dimension.
At this moment in time we have ZERO evidence of any life that might exist in (what could be nothing more than) an imaginary universe!
We think it might be possible for another universe to exist...and that's all we have!

Again, not postulating a different universe. This is not founded on a multiverse theory. Just this one universe, with other dimensions our senses cannot perceive.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by immoralist

thank you kind sir, i also thought so myself.

i think this video is awsome too.
edit on 6-4-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AnuTyr

There are real species of aliens from other galaxies who are made of dark matter and energy.

The only species that can travel intergalatically are those made of energy.

other species keep butting their heads in when earth is about to reach colony status.

You can't just create a sub-species and give them space travel without them figuring mathmatics and sciences a bit for themselves. similarly its been a while since humans have been fully fledged introduced to them

But Aliens are not spirits. Persay, To be merged with the underworld you need to go through a technological change of biology. It is sort of the same methods as how the brain generates a spirit but in this sense, the technology supercharges and fuses the particles together under immense pressures. To create something between 2 world between the realm of the dead and the realm of the living.

What??

You get all this from where?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
What??

You get all this from where?

Don't try and make sense of it...just go with the flow, nod your head knowingly, maybe cradle your chin in your hand as if in deep contemplation.

Finally, picture everyone here with a bicycle helmet on....all the time.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

MrPenny
They won't. You're trying to compare apples and oranges. "Aliens from another dimension" doesn't refer to some other universe with different physics. I'm referring to this universe with frames of reference that we cannot perceive. And we know life can exist in this universe, but with some limitations.

This seems contrary to your earlier statement:

They exist in a universe of slightly different dimensions and physics that exists parallel to ours, and a multitude of others. Either their physics causes a breakdown between universes, or they've figured out how to manipulate the differences and from time-to-time their existence "bleeds" over into ours.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sorry, I was being "poetic" in my description and referring to "universe" as a frame of reference. The intent is to describe a single universe, in which some lifeforms can perceive and manipulate dimensions we cannot. From our different frames of reference, it could appear to be different "universes".

I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear enough with that; sorry.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

MrPenny
Sorry, I was being "poetic" in my description and referring to "universe" as a frame of reference. The intent is to describe a single universe, in which some lifeforms can perceive and manipulate dimensions we cannot. From our different frames of reference, it could appear to be different "universes".

I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear enough with that; sorry.

Okay. I wanted some clarification because plenty of threads like this take string theory's multiple dimensions to mean parallel universes, which they are not.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
WOW what is this 'String theory' you speak of? And what is this 'String theory' you talk of?!?

MrPenny
They've always been here, they're not going anywhere, and in fact, we're practically rubbing elbows with them right this very moment. Who?...you say. "Aliens", or what is collectively referred to as aliens; greys, mantids....whatever is the FTOM.

They exist in a universe of slightly different dimensions and physics that exists parallel to ours, and a multitude of others. Either their physics causes a breakdown between universes, or they've figured out how to manipulate the differences and from time-to-time their existence "bleeds" over into ours.

One of the newest concepts in physics is M-Theory, a successor to string theory. The theory demands as many as 11 dimensions however, giving rise to as many as 7 dimensions that we cannot perceive. Doesn't mean some other type of life can't however. And it isn't a stretch to assume that the physics of a universe in which 5, 6, 7, or 8 physical dimensions are normal might appear preposterous and magical to us.

That's where they come from. Normally living in dimensions that we cannot perceive and every now and then taking a "joy ride" into our existence. Hence, the motions of "UFOs" that would pulp a human body, and the many other bizarre circumstance of their appearance.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
String theory is a load of rubbish invented to try and force quantum mechanics and relativity to work together.
There is zero evidence to support it.
We don't need to invoke higher dimensions to explain alien visitation, they come from other planets in our 4D universe. We can't see them because they have outrageously good cloaking technology.
If you want to say higher dimensions exist then prove it.
Science doesn't need or require higher dimensions.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

String theory is a load of rubbish invented to try and force quantum mechanics and relativity to work together.

I bolded the key thing here.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Dr X
We don't need to invoke higher dimensions to explain alien visitation, they come from other planets in our 4D universe. We can't see them because they have outrageously good cloaking technology.

Quite bluntly Dr X.....you are wildly wrong in nearly everything.SNIP

The idea of additional spatial dimensions comes from string theory, the only self-consistent quantum theory of gravity so far. It turns out that for a consistent description of gravity, one needs more than 3+1 dimensions, and the world around us could have up to 11 spatial dimensions! Linky

edit on 4/16/2014 by Blaine91555 because: Rude comment removed for TAC violation.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

(post by MrPenny removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

roadgravel

Chamberf=6
reply to post by roadgravel

Someone says this light is from a star that started it's journey here billions of years ago. What can happen to the photons in a billion years. Maybe they have only been traveling for a few minutes or days, we just think it is a billion.

Then that would mean all those stars are in our solar system or just barely outside it. Our probes would've noticed them, I think.

It doesn't have to apply evenly to them all. Light is bent by gravity. Who really knows the true distances of the universe's objects. Man has barely left our solar system.

Light is not bent by gravity. Space is bent by gravity.

Light travels in a perfectly straight line. Straight lines are bent when space is warped. If the photon on a bent path has to travel farther because of the bend, that's because the bend actually makes the distance farther.
Harte

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
PLEASE RETURN TO THE TOPIC AND KNOCK OFF THE PERSONAL INSULTS!

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X

If higher dimensions need to be proven, does outrageously good cloaking technology need to be proven too?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: conundrummer

originally posted by: Dr X

If higher dimensions need to be proven, does outrageously good cloaking technology need to be proven too?

Only if it's a London Fog.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join