It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans and saber-toothed tiger met in Germany 300,000 years ago!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

punkinworks10

Danbones
reply to post by punkinworks10

thats interesting PK
5000 years?..thats the age of the bow in amerindia at the moment
we also have white skinned red haired bog bodies in flourida and world wide sea travel around that time
see my siggy thread

Hey there DB,
I have questions of the dating and source of the use of bows in the new world. With some eastern tribes they only took up the use of bows within the last 1500 years, that is very odd, as there are projectile points whose only purpose would be an arrow point, going back almost 15k years.

hey good post on the pre sapiens...star that

well, being descendant in part from an eastern tribe ( huron/ojibway ) we have atlatl weights all over the place around here
(south Ontario ), which oddly enough can be nicely tossed underhand. It looks like they didn't use atlatl weights in most of the rest of the world...just try tossing a springy stick to get an idea, They just leap from the hand.

we have dense bush here too and bow hunting is often done from a tree stand, The deer like to run along the bases of ridges to the water and food. Cavey might have beat the bush into a kill zone, we hunt deer here that way around the swamps using doggers, w/or w/out dogs.

if i was a cave man hunting carnivours ( here its bears)i would use the ol bait and "switch"...
bait tha animal into a cul du sac

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by Tusks

A man among men, Sasha killed over 300 of those cats, most killed using a spear. The accounts that I have read, including his own, say that he preferred to have the jaguars pounce at him after his dogs had treed them, at which point he would run the spear through them.
Apparently the man had a real set of cojones.

yeah that guy had big ones but did they have dogs 300,000 years ago?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Danbones

butcherguy
reply to post by Tusks

A man among men, Sasha killed over 300 of those cats, most killed using a spear. The accounts that I have read, including his own, say that he preferred to have the jaguars pounce at him after his dogs had treed them, at which point he would run the spear through them.

Oldest evidence of dog domestication that I have seen is 30,000 years.
So, probably not.
I believe that Sasha used the dogs to locate and tree the jaguars. He didn't like them to tangle with the jaguars. He was devastated when his favorite dog was killed by one.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

butcherguy

Danbones

butcherguy
reply to post by Tusks

Oldest evidence of dog domestication that I have seen is 30,000 years.
So, probably not.
I believe that Sasha used the dogs to locate and tree the jaguars. He didn't like them to tangle with the jaguars. He was devastated when his favorite dog was killed by one.

i have seen dna evidence at one time that said 90 thousand years ago which was a screw up for the history books but i haven't found that citation lately

and yeah, one swat and splat, and those big cats Sasha was hunting are kitties compared to the old snagglepuss i'll wager.
Regardless that was a great relevant post though

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It does kind of resemble a javelin though. Some spears like that were also used like the atl-atl, but instead of the using a throwing stick and the spear being notched, there was a piece of rope or cord attached or wrapped around to serve the same purpose. (The Romans called the cord an amentum. It would put spin on the spear and give more throwing power than you could get without.) Dunno if rope or other cordage would preserve like wood though.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes, someone is lying. You are. The Bible says the earlth was created in 7. It doesn't say 7 what. The Hebrew word used is just a group of 7 and could mean a group of 7 days.

In fact we are still in the 7th day of creation. Suppose God's reference frame is in a giant black hole the size of the universe. Then 7 days would equate to 13 billion years or so. That's due to the time dilation effect of general relativity.

Don't let the young earth creationists deceive you. The Bible is indeed the word of God.

Even so all of the dating methods we used are suspect if just a few of the assumptions fall apart such as the rate of Carbon 14 production or even the constancy of the speed of light over time.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

thats coolin
i know at windover in florida where the red haired white bog people were found at 7000 years ago
they had cordage textiles, but not ceramics
see my siggy for details

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Danbones
reply to post by pauljs75

thats coolin
i know at windover in florida where the red haired white bog people were found at 7000 years ago
they had cordage textiles, but not ceramics
see my siggy for details

Hi DB ,
The windover burials likely represent the eastern most expansion of "basket maker " derived people. They share all the hallmarks of basket maker culture, a fiber based industry as compared to a hide based industry. The windover people share a burial method with contemporary people of central cal and Nevada, the bodies were wrapped in a fiber mat before burial. The basket makers also were master basket makers, hence the name. They cooked in baskets or pits with heated stones, and wore sandals made from woven fibers, as compared to the people who cooked in hide bags and wore hide moccosins.
The basket makers were also bow users and were very warlike. In the the southwest the basket makers were the originators of the anasazi, while their Fremont neighbors represented the moccosin wearing people.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

DB,
You mentioned you are Ojibway descended, have you ever participated in or are aware of the Ojibway method of wild rice harvest? For those unaware, the Ojibway harvested wild rice from a canoe with two sticks. The rice stalks are pulled into the canoe with one stick. while the other stick is used to knock the kernels into the canoe. This process has the same motions as my ancestors martial art, arnis or Filipino stick fighting, which has it's roots in the rice harvest, from a canoe.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

thats interesting...
because the general consensus was those various so called red haired tribes couldn't be there because they couldn't be
windover changed that I think
i wonder what else we don't know

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

punkinworks10
reply to post by Danbones

DB,
You mentioned you are Ojibway descended, have you ever participated in or are aware of the Ojibway method of wild rice harvest? For those unaware, the Ojibway harvested wild rice from a canoe with two sticks. The rice stalks are pulled into the canoe with one stick. while the other stick is used to knock the kernels into the canoe. This process has the same motions as my ancestors martial art, arnis or Filipino stick fighting, which has it's roots in the rice harvest, from a canoe.

yes, i spend a lot of time in the canoe and have studied a little escrima...i even belong to an association
wild rice is not so common in my immediate area..here they focused on corn but the ojibwa moved in after the huron were decimated.
its funny they got here almost like they were led into the promised land..the five fires

i guess behind all my thread drift is the idea that we are finding the ancients were smarter then we thought and were much more accommodated to their environment then we give them credit for.

wood sinew or cordage and stone and you have all sorts of really fine utensils and weapons and tools

here is a thought: how come this thread has horses and horse hair
and my siggy thread does not?...till the europeans showed up with them

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join