It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age beliefs that some Christians believe that is not supported in The Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by 168617

I would love to hear your enlightening point of view on the subject if you even have one.

^^ lie. sarcastic baiting lie. ^^

And because of that, none of your damned business. You'll get no insight from me.

edit on 4/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

BWings thanks for denying ignorance.I used to think some of those that act like trolls at ATS were just trying to get a rise however now I'm complete convinced that some peoples ignorance level is so high that trolling is just natural to them and they are completely ignorant of their ignorance(whew I don't want to write that word for a while but....(oh well!).An ignore button sure would be nice sometimes..Deny ..uhhhh... you know what....

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by 168617

I would love to hear your enlightening point of view on the subject if you even have one.

^^ lie. sarcastic baiting lie. ^^

And because of that, none of your damned business. You'll get no insight from me.

Why are you even in this thread if this below

Earlier Post by Buzzywigs

The Bible is worse than worthless, in my opinion; its a tool of destruction, disinformation, oppression, outright lies, and a recipe for never-ending conflict, suffering and war. Oh, and at best it is historical fiction, and should be shelved next to all the other 'great classics'. It's a relic of insanity. More of a 'what not to do' guide than anything else.

is the way you feel about the Bible and it's teachings? Wouldn't it be better for you to just find another thread that interests you? I find the above pretty disgusting and to me that is simply a reflection of the person behind the words.
edit on 6-4-2014 by 168617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If God rules The World then that would mean that God is also responsible for death, war, and everything that is opposed to The Holy Spirit. The god of this world creates confusions so that they will not understand the true message of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:4), and one day he will be driven out (John 12:31).
God ruled Israel, at least hypothetically according to the Old Testament, yet they were overrun by the Assyrians and the Babylonians.
So I think "rule" must mean something other than preventing natural occurrences from happening.
Jesus is Lord over the world in the same sense as YHWH was the Lord over Israel in the OT.

Paul in 2 Corinthians says that the god of this world was at that moment fading away.
You can think of it as "the god concept that was man-made and accepted by the world".
That old mythological god was preventing the knowledge of the real God from being accepted.

The word in John 12:31 is the Archon.
It is used several times in the gospels to refer to the prince of demons.
In the verse it says that now is when he will be driven out, not some time in the distant future.
edit on 7-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

arpgme
"Everyone is a child of God"

Wrong. Only those who live through The Holy Spirit is a child of God. Everyone else belongs to The World and The Ruler of This World.

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." - Galatians 5:22-23

First of all, I would like to say that your thread is a perfect example of Duality, trying to be either right or wrong. It is true that this reality is the best example of Duality, but my question is this, To be a Christian or to be a New Ager? Which one is from God's Truth? If your answer is Christian, then it is correct. If your answer is New Ager, then it is also correct. But how can both be correct? They both have God's Truth (Light) and Falsehoods (Darkness). But yet, do not your Bible say that God created Good and Evil in the book of Psalms? Most people would be in a state of confusion if they really read that correctly. Because guess what? In God's Single Eye, Good and Evil, Positive and Negative, Male and Female, Right and Wrong are together--One.

The Ruler of this World is actually what I just described to you, the World of Two, which is Duality. Everything in the World of Two have opposite polarities. This is why you have day and night, left and right hands, left and right eyes, hot and cold, etc. Right? Or Wrong? Since you are talking about who is right or wrong, then you are submitting to the Ruler of this World. Satan represents Duality (which is also the cause of numerous conflicts, both in your family unit and expanding to political and religious wars.

So let me get to your statement. Do you not agree with me that 99% of the world live in Duality? Are you telling me that 99% of the world are not children of God? I say to you that all are Children of God and are learning to come back to the ONENESS with God--The World of One.

"God rules The World"

Wrong. If God rules The World then that would mean that God is also responsible for death, war, and everything that is opposed to The Holy Spirit. The god of this world creates confusions so that they will not understand the true message of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:4), and one day he will be driven out (John 12:31).

Do not ever think that God is not in control of what is happening. God is always in control. You see, friend, this 3rd Dimensional reality is just a movie, an illusion. You are in a dream world. The death, destruction, and all things that you see are only projections of the ONE Mind of God, which is where you came from. The things that happen here, either it be good or bad, are all designed for both you and God to experience. This is an experience of separation from God into Dual Reality. Without this experience, you would not know what it is like to live in a split World of Two. All you would know is ONENESS. Therefore, God sent you here to experience a place that has a Dual Consciousness as Good and Evil. But once you are done, you will return to God's Reality and no longer will there be an experience as Good or Bad.

"God is everything and Heaven is everywhere"

Wrong. God is Light and in him there is no darkness (1 John 1:5). God is Just (2 Thessalonians 1:6). God is Love (1 John 4:16) and He is The God of Peace (Romans 15:33). Since darkness, injustice, hatred, and violence also exist, it shows that God is not everything and that this is not his kingdom (Heaven). We are told that The Kingdom of Heaven is not 'here' or 'there' so don't believe people when they claim it is, but The Kingdom of Heaven is within us (Luke 17:21). The Holy Spirit is within The Flesh (1 Corinthians 6:19). You are given a chose to live by The Flesh or to go deeper within yourself and live by The Holy Spirit while overcoming The Flesh by finding it's fruit: love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)

If this world is only an illusion, a projection from God's Mind, then is it not also true that all things here (including yourself) is God itself? So therefore, is it not true that God is everything? The phrase, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within us," actually means your heart. Within your heart contains ALL information from all of your past lives, lives of all people not just right now but also in the future and past, and also all experiences and happenings across the Universe throughout time. So if and when you tap into your heart, there you will find the Universe and to know who you are, therefore know God. This is what Master Jesus meant when he said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within us."

"You are supposed to be all-loving"

Wrong. It is absolutely true that we are supposed to live in Love because those who live in Love also live in God and God is within them (1 John 4:16). We are also told that whoever doesn't know Love doesn't know God because God is Love (1 John 4:8); however, we are told to love what is good and hate what is evil (Romans 12:9). Those who have The Fruit of The Holy Spirit living with Love, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, and Self-Control are good, the rest are evil. We are encouraged to disapprove of behavior that is opposed to The Spirit.

You see that the Bible is not always speaking of God's Truth? Because just the mentioning of "hating evil" is a concept of Duality I explained above. Did you not know that all things were created from Love? Without Love, creation wouldn't exist. Because Love is one of the core essences of God. God is all-loving, but yet it is a love that is unconditional. Why not you?

"You can do whatever you want because God forgave your sin."

Wrong. It is true that we are not under "The Law", but that is only because we live through The Holy Spirit. Those who are using this as an excuse to do whatever they want will see the consequences of their actions because you reap what you sow and God will not be mocked:

Galatians 5:18
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Galatians 6:7-8
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.…

Yes, because this World of Two allows people to do "whatever they want" due to the aspect of Free Will. However, when you are not operating in Harmony with God (Darkness), then you will have to face the Universe's Law of Balance, which will come back to you in darkness because you have created darkness. When you are operating in Harmony with God (Light), then the Universe will again balance itself by sending Light back to you. Try not to think in terms of sin or not sin because that is also Duality. Your mission is to think in Unity, Oneness. This is the only way to get back to God.

"You can do whatever you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone"

Wrong. Selfishness is the spirit of the anti-christ. We are told that God is love and to know God you must know Love (1 John 4:8). We are told that love is Patient and Kind (1 Corinthians 13:4) but that love is also not self-seeking (1 Corinthians 13:5). We are told not to be selfish but to be humble, not to see others as less then ourselves and to not just look after our own self-interests but the interests of others (Philippians 2:3-4).

Yes, God wants us to have Freedom, but not to do whatever we want but to be humble and serve each other out of love (Galatians 5:13), or else, we will turn against each other and destroy each other (Galatians 5:15).

Always treat your neighbor as yourself. Your neighbor can be anybody in your daily walk in life. Remember that you are ONE with God. If you are ONE with God, this means that ALL things are ONE with you. When you hurt someone, you hurt yourself.

"You don't have to choose between God's Way or satan's way you can be neutral"

Wrong. There is no neutral point. If you aren't helping others, then you are allowing confusion, pain, and suffering into their lives. You are either humble, or you aren't. You are either selfish, or you aren't. You cannot serve two masters, you will love one more than the other (Matthew 6:24), and if you don't care about either and you just want to do whatever you want, then you are still choosing satan because that is selfishness.

The Bible talks about not "serving two masters" is actually speaking of Duality once again. Always live, think, and be ONE with God inside your heart at all times. This is the only way to not serve "two." Once you have raised your consciousness to a certain point, there is no longer "serving" anybody. You just is, just Be. The "neutral" is trying to live a "good life" without any spiritual progress. As a Master once said, "You can live a good life and die a good person. But why do you want to be a good person when you can be ONE with God?"

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

Do not ever think that God is not in control of what is happening. God is always in control. You see, friend, this 3rd Dimensional reality is just a movie, an illusion. You are in a dream world. The death, destruction, and all things that you see are only projections of the ONE Mind of God, which is where you came from. The things that happen here, either it be good or bad, are all designed for both you and God to experience.
I think the universe was "designed for both you and God to experience" but that doesn't necessarily mean that God is in complete control of it.
Rather than a "the ONE Mind of God", I would take the "both you and God" part and add that to the "One", being a unity that existed before the physical universe.
That unity was powerful or whatever, enough to bring into existence the building blocks, time and space to hold something, and the mass to be held, and the general plan as to how it was going to all work together.
As soon as those things came into being, the "One" ceased to exist, so this creation thing became a beast of its own, generating all the untold galaxies from one end of space to the other.
I think biblically (per the title of the thread) there are various levels of deities and celestial beings at work in a particular world, including dark forces in the abyss and under the earth.
They don't all necessarily work towards the same goals, so there is the need for a supreme God to intervene to put things in a state of equilibrium.
These old beliefs are utilized as background to establish newer truths on, in the New Testament, such as in Philippians, where all these entities are forced to submission to Jesus as lord, and in Revelation with the beasts from the Sea and the Earth.
edit on 8-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join