It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age beliefs that some Christians believe that is not supported in The Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

But according to the contrary teaching, everyone is righteous and no-one can possibly be punished

edit on 6-4-2014 by 168617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
The beauty of New Age ideology is that anything you want to be true is true. It doesnt matter what the context of scripture implies, if you don't like it, you can just cherry pick your own wisdom and throw the rest away. Why conform to the Mind of Christ, when it can conform to you? Literal interpretation is often too politically incorrect and most of the time offensive, so why not switch to symbolism when its convenient?

When you are your own philosopher, you can never be wrong...not even in God's eyes.

That is New Age.

Politically incorrect? You do realise Political and Spiritual are two completely different things?

Yes, he does, and he was making a point. It's not politically correct to point out the inconvenient truth, but truth nonetheless that marriage is between a man and woman as stated by God in the OT and reiterated by Christ in the New Testament. People are now losing their jobs very publically for simply donating to causes that support this spiritually correct, but very politically incorrect, belief.

New Age let's you gloss over that go along to get along.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

No, it's your understanding of the Bible that is sorely lacking.. If you cannot see what the bible teaches and from a spiritual perspective, how can you call yourself spiritual through any teaching?

It's quite easy, I assure you. I KNOW what my spirituality reflects and there is no need for The Bible for people to live in a good way. Even what BELIEVERpriest said is true, though I knew he was being condescending, and now so are you.

The Bible is an anthology of myths, poorly put together, and manipulated/misinterpreted at will by anyone who picks one up.
Are you saying only people who understand The Bible the way that you understand it are spiritual?

Rubbish. If you cannot see that without The Bible we'd still be here, and probably living more peacefully and happily as a global human specie, I'm sorry for you. Narrow minds tend to be very loud and pushy. The Bible is worse than worthless, in my opinion; its a tool of destruction, disinformation, oppression, outright lies, and a recipe for never-ending conflict, suffering and war. Oh, and at best it is historical fiction, and should be shelved next to all the other 'great classics'. It's a relic of insanity. More of a 'what not to do' guide than anything else.

Just my Sunday morning opinion.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I am still confused by the title.

I am not sure which way to discuss this. Are we talking about new age ideas and that Christians believe them or are we talking about new age ideas that Christians believe are in the Bible or are we talking about Christians believe new age ideas who think those new age ideas are in the Bible, or are there new age ideas that are in the Bible, and Christians believe them, but they are not in the Bible?

Please clarify.

Do Christians believe there are new age ideas in the Bible?
Do Christians believe the new age ideas in the Bible?
Are there new ideas in the Bible and Christians don't believe there are?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

romans 3:10

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

please post this *contrary* interpretation?

contrary definition, opposite in nature or character; diametrically or mutually opposed: contrary to fact;

...reminds me a bit of this 'satan' character?

i can only reiterate what Logarock has stated;

But you had tried to make a point in sort of a vacuum. Simply stated some children are in and some are out. Being a child of God in the essence that you presented guarantees nothing, means nothing on its face.

(vacuum) there is no moral base or context
i'm willing to read anything you're prepared to type

edit on 6-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: romans 3:10

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You cannot serve two masters

I only have this to say: if we have no choice but to choose a master, then why do we bother with fighting for freedom and privacy? You can't have it both ways. And no, 'free will' doesn't make a difference. You have the freedom to happily do whatever god tells you to do, or you can go straight to hell - literally. Gods banhammer is unnatural punishment, and I don't accept that as a natural consequence of being an animal.
edit on 6-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

i know you didn't solicit my opinion, but i'd like to offer something here..

when you're saying that stuff about serving two masters (and finish it all by suggesting you're an animal?)
even the mystic-inclined acknowledge the concept of "our animal nature vs. our human nature"
there is a good scene in the movie Dune that might be worth considering here? (when the bene jesserat tests paul with the box)

freedom?
..wouldn't that be eternal life?

privacy?
rev 2:17

17He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'

i just don't think the creator of the universe intended for us to be living in world of corruption & global surveillance (etc)
to me, that just seems like someone is trying to play God..

i think we just fight for the thing that was supposedly given to us in the first place?
as even non-bible folks will say, if it's not worth dying for it's not worth living for
/shrugs
edit on 6-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: .:.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by arpgme

You cannot serve two masters

I only have this to say: if we have no choice but to choose a master, then why do we bother with fighting for freedom and privacy? You can't have it both ways. And no, 'free will' doesn't make a difference. You have the freedom to happily do whatever god tells you to do, or you can go straight to hell - literally. Gods banhammer is unnatural punishment, and I don't accept that as a natural consequence of being an animal.

Even animals have a hierarchical system where even they get the banhammer from their alpha. For animals, it is hell to live without the group, pack, litter, whatever it is.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Well what is your version of spirituality? I would love to hear your enlightening point of view on the subject if you even have one.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

The contrary interpretation is exactly what the OP has brought up. People making up their own versions and then misguiding others along the way. As for the comment you quoted, I was actually being sarcastic...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

righto then?

.. obviously i didn't see the humor in it
/shrugs

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Jesus Himself stated that He had MUCH more to teach the people, but they weren't ready to hear it yet. Therefore, the bible doesn't contain all the truth. There is more.

edit on 4/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Jesus Himself stated that He had MUCH more to teach the people, but they weren't ready to hear it yet. Therefore, the bible doesn't contain all the truth. There is more.

edit on 4/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I'm still not sure what the OP is saying in the title.

That much more includes the sheep of another fold, that He didn't say where they were, either.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

when you're saying that stuff about serving two masters (and finish it all by suggesting you're an animal?)
even the mystic-inclined acknowledge the concept of "our animal nature vs. our human nature"
there is a good scene in the movie Dune that might be worth considering here? (when the bene jesserat tests paul with the box)

What do we share with animals? Only our entire biology and genome. All of the chemical processes that determine our mood and behavior. Look it up some time.

freedom?
..wouldn't that be eternal life?

Not necessarily. I'm sure there's hundred, thousands, maybe millions, even, of people all around the world who would rather be dead right now. They are alive, and all they feel is terror and despair. Wondering if they will live to see tomorrow, wondering where their next meal is, horrified by the tragedies they have witnessed, and haunted by the knowledge that they could easily be next. They understand that while they are alive, they can be hurt. And they are tired of being hurt. And then there are other people who wouldn't prefer death, but are comfortable with it. They've seen and done everything they wanted to, and they are ready for what comes next. For these people, as well, death is a release.

Freedom of life is not necessarily freedom of happiness.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Since, this is supposedly Bible related. A little piece of the Old Testament. Read what is said Noah and his children, besides the setting of the rainbow as a reminder. God "repents" of the killing of humans. He guarantees there will be no mass murder. He makes no demands, issues no commandments, just requests.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 168617

I would love to hear your enlightening point of view on the subject if you even have one.

^^ lie. sarcastic baiting lie. ^^

And because of that, none of your damned business. You'll get no insight from me.

edit on 4/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The only choice you have is between Peace and Suffering. One path is the road to Peace the other is the road to Suffering.

It is no one's fault that fire burns, but if you don't put out the fire with water it will grow bigger and hotter.

Either you master is The Holy Spirit of God which acts through Love, Peace, Joy, Compassion, Patience, Forgiveness, or your master is The Flesh which works contrary to The Spirit.
edit on 6-4-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Akragon

Logarock

Akragon
reply to post by Logarock

Oh yes but what about the rest of it. The part that really made them mad to the point they wanted to kill Him. Most think it was because He said HE was the Son of God as in other place. But here what pisses them off is the total picture that He brings to mind......the rest of that passage...He was likening them to fallen angels.

"ye are gods and children of the most high....(the rest of it)....BUT YOU SHALL DIE LIKE MEN AND FALL LIKE ONE OF THE PRINCES".

In essence their "theos" amounted to no more saving power than the fallen angles.

The whole passage here and hardly a flattering of mans god qualities. In fact these people here that are being discussed are no more sons of god than the fallen sons of God. This passage is an indictment of the fallen nature of man as the same as the nature of fallen angles.

Quite true... but still children of God none the less... fallen or otherwise

Though he was still executed for blasphemy...

But you had tried to make a point in sort of a vacuum. Simply stated some children are in and some are out. Being a child of God in the essence that you presented guarantees nothing, means nothing on its face.

He also said of those of His day that all the innocent blood shed from Abel until then would be laid on that generation.....of "gods". Children gone to seed, gone after the way of Cain that will join the Devil and his in the lake of fire. In effect no longer children of God but children of the devil, sworn and adopted into same.

The point from the OP's perspective that I was trying to make is that "We are all children of God" is very biblical... it wasn't to get into a big theological discussion on that fact.

I personally am more of the opinion that we have the ability to "disown" the Father so to speak... Rather then being adopted by an entity that doesn't exist...

When Jesus said to the Pharisee's "Your Father is the devil" it means they choose materialism Rather then God...

As someone said earlier In the thread... One can not have two Masters...

They essentially made Materialism their God

Jesus called then sons of "diablos". They were diabolists. Has zip to do with materialism. Has to do with making false accusations. Not even accusations true or false as some would have it but false accusations.

Yea and I wouldn't get into a theological debate with me. Good move on your part.

None the less the way you sought to use the term as Jesus quoted it was not His meaning. And I am really not trying to be contrary. Its just that someone must play the adult in a thread with a few folks presenting themselves as learned in the matter who are simply interpreting on the fly and a less than accurate manner.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

If they aren't coming from God then where are they coming from?

If your answer is Satan, then what about what I say sounds dangerous or evil? I'm only giving my own view, what I say only says to look within yourself for God, what's so wrong with that? There's nothing dangerous about accepting yourself.

Well in the case in question, at the point in question, its no longer a matter of where they came from but a matter of whats become of them and the prospects of the final disposition.

When Christ quoted the OT in the "you are gods" statement He was mocking them.....basically saying that they may have been once but were now like the fallen and in the same stroke saying that He was God and not fallen and never had been......and they were fallen.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Jesus called then sons of "diablos". They were diabolists. Has zip to do with materialism. Has to do with making false accusations. Not even accusations true or false as some would have it but false accusations.

I see as per usual you are quite confused...

Yea and I wouldn't get into a theological debate with me. Good move on your part.

LMAO!!

ok bud...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join