It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age beliefs that some Christians believe that is not supported in The Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"Everyone is a child of God"

Wrong. Only those who live through The Holy Spirit is a child of God. Everyone else belongs to The World and The Ruler of This World.

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." - Galatians 5:22-23

"God rules The World"

Wrong. If God rules The World then that would mean that God is also responsible for death, war, and everything that is opposed to The Holy Spirit. The god of this world creates confusions so that they will not understand the true message of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:4), and one day he will be driven out (John 12:31).

"God is everything and Heaven is everywhere"

Wrong. God is Light and in him there is no darkness (1 John 1:5). God is Just (2 Thessalonians 1:6). God is Love (1 John 4:16) and He is The God of Peace (Romans 15:33). Since darkness, injustice, hatred, and violence also exist, it shows that God is not everything and that this is not his kingdom (Heaven). We are told that The Kingdom of Heaven is not 'here' or 'there' so don't believe people when they claim it is, but The Kingdom of Heaven is within us (Luke 17:21). The Holy Spirit is within The Flesh (1 Corinthians 6:19). You are given a chose to live by The Flesh or to go deeper within yourself and live by The Holy Spirit while overcoming The Flesh by finding it's fruit: love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)

"You are supposed to be all-loving"

Wrong. It is absolutely true that we are supposed to live in Love because those who live in Love also live in God and God is within them (1 John 4:16). We are also told that whoever doesn't know Love doesn't know God because God is Love (1 John 4:8); however, we are told to love what is good and hate what is evil (Romans 12:9). Those who have The Fruit of The Holy Spirit living with Love, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, and Self-Control are good, the rest are evil. We are encouraged to disapprove of behavior that is opposed to The Spirit.

"You can do whatever you want because God forgave your sin."

Wrong. It is true that we are not under "The Law", but that is only because we live through The Holy Spirit. Those who are using this as an excuse to do whatever they want will see the consequences of their actions because you reap what you sow and God will not be mocked:

Galatians 5:18
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Galatians 6:7-8
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.…

"You can do whatever you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone"

Wrong. Selfishness is the spirit of the anti-christ. We are told that God is love and to know God you must know Love (1 John 4:8). We are told that love is Patient and Kind (1 Corinthians 13:4) but that love is also not self-seeking (1 Corinthians 13:5). We are told not to be selfish but to be humble, not to see others as less then ourselves and to not just look after our own self-interests but the interests of others (Philippians 2:3-4).

Yes, God wants us to have Freedom, but not to do whatever we want but to be humble and serve each other out of love (Galatians 5:13), or else, we will turn against each other and destroy each other (Galatians 5:15).

"You don't have to choose between God's Way or satan's way you can be neutral"

Wrong. There is no neutral point. If you aren't helping others, then you are allowing confusion, pain, and suffering into their lives. You are either humble, or you aren't. You are either selfish, or you aren't. You cannot serve two masters, you will love one more than the other (Matthew 6:24), and if you don't care about either and you just want to do whatever you want, then you are still choosing satan because that is selfishness.

"God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble" - James 4:6

"Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves." - Romans 12:10

"Those who are self-seeking who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger - Romans 2:8

Christ was Humble:

Philippians 2:5-8
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Romans 15:3

For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me."

edit on 5-4-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Id add the prosperity doctrine that is coming from many mega churches as another new age concept that has snuck its way in, things like name it an claim it.

Using God as a genie to get what you want, etc, to justify decedent lifestyles.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'll play...

"Everyone is a child of God"

Wrong. Only those who live through The Holy Spirit is a child of God. Everyone else belongs to The World and The Ruler of This World.

Wrong...

Not a new age belief... It came directly from Jesus who was quoting Psalms...

Ye are gods, and children of the most high...

God rules The World"

Wrong. If God rules The World then that would mean that God is also responsible for death, war, and everything that is opposed to The Holy Spirit. The god of this world creates confusions so that they will not understand the true message of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:4), and one day he will be driven out (John 12:31)

According to the OT, God creates light and darkness, good and evil... then again, the OT god isn't the true God anyways...

So I suppose that depends on ones beliefs in the "good book"

"God is everything and Heaven is everywhere"

Wrong. God is Light and in him there is no darkness (1 John 1:5).

Jesus said God is spirit, not light... Which means he is in all life...

"You are supposed to be all-loving" Wrong. It is absolutely true that we are supposed to live in Love because those who live in Love also live in God and God is within them (1 John 4:16). We are also told that whoever doesn't know Love doesn't know God because God is Love (1 John 4:8); however, we are told to love what is good and hate what is evil (Romans 12:9).

That's what reading Paul will get you...

Matthew 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

"You don't have to choose between God's Way or satan's way you can be neutral" Wrong. There is no neutral point. If you aren't helping others, then you are allowing confusion, pain, and suffering into their lives. You are either humble, or you aren't. You are either selfish, or you aren't. You cannot serve two masters, you will love one more than the other (Matthew 6:24)

"Satan" represents materialism... The entity does not exist...

So its not about Choosing sides.... people will do what is right in their hearts... Some choose the self needs, others will choose the needs of another person over their own...

BUT, the selfish people of the world are not governed by "satan"... Nor are they on his side, since HE doesn't exist in the first place

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

"You are supposed to be all-loving"

Wrong.

More like all forgiving… forgiving others regardless is the most important message. Showing forgiveness is one indicator of love. How difficult is that in actual practice? Most of us have buried resentment, anger and hatred towards something or someone. We're just all rosy forgiving on the surface.

As far as "hating evil" thats what those who hate want you to do.

edit on 5-4-2014 by intrptr because: got it straight now.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by arpgme

As far as "hating evil" thats what those who hate want you to do.

Would detest or repugnant work?

Cause, I detest and find it repugnant people who harm children, does that mean I am doing what they want me to do?

Or are we just playing semantics.
edit on 5-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

benrl

Cause, I detest and find it repugnant people who harm children, does that mean I am doing what they want me to do?

Actually, I think we can step a bit into psychology here.
If someone does wrong, it is common for people to cast stones, sneer, and hate.
That then transforms the mind of the person whom did wrong into a sort of stereotype. they are seen as a wrongdoer, and so often behave accordingly.

Now, you want to truly screw with a person whom has did wrong? Want to actually change their behavior and make them see the error of their ways?
Pity them, Tell them they are better than that and have failed themselves moreso than those they have harmed. Show them love and forgivness and make them feel that indeed they could have done better.
Try it next time your kid does something bad. Instead of yell at them or whatever, make it seem like they have hurt your feelings and hope...watch them try to make it up to you and choose differently next time (kids being like tweens, toddlers don't know the difference).

But people won't do that as a rule..its easier to destroy than build...hense why we almost always react hateful and violent. I am no different here. my base instinct is to react in anger towards any whom has done me wrong..and its not a surprise that nothing ever changes.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

My point being that Hate, is just a word, and was used to suggest what ever the opposite of Good you should run from as if you hated it, or it was a mortal danger.

Evil, should be fled from, detested, or be thought of as repugnant.

That in your search to be "Christ like" it should make the thought of Evil, like doing harm to say a child, give you that physical reaction of fear and hate, running as far from, and avoiding at all cost.

OF course, Im am talking the action of doing evil, not the human perpetration of it, that person can be shown mercy, but the action most certainly should illicit a response.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

benrl

My point being that Hate, is just a word, and was used to suggest what ever the opposite of Good you should run from as if you hated it, or it was a mortal danger.

Evil, should be fled from, detested, or be thought of as repugnant.

That in your search to be "Christ like" it should make the thought of Evil, like doing harm to say a child, give you that physical reaction of fear and hate, running as far from, and avoiding at all cost.

OF course, Im am talking the action of doing evil, not the human perpetration of it, that person can be shown mercy, but the action most certainly should illicit a response.

Fair enough, hate the sin, love the sinner type thing.

As far as evil..well, doing evil. I find very few people are all Dr. Evil petting their white cats while trying to crash the moon into the planet simply for the sake of evil. Most whom do wrong are doing it out of: necessity, anger, fear, psychological disorders, etc. I think its our natural reaction as humans and sensible laws to steer clear of anything harmful or "evil" in general. Some people do great evil under the understanding that they are doing good. Some of course are simply being evil jerkwads for whatever reason (even then its usually some mental disorder or chemical imbalance).

Its a very empty thing to say overall though..hate and therefore avoid evil...that's sort of society norm actually (otherwise society would break down real quick). The better discussion is the whole what do we do to those whom wronged us...help them, or hurt them
Christ taught turn the other cheek...ultimately encouraging us to help one another..to fix our brothers and sisters verses react in hate and anger...and that actually is one hugeass problem for us and our nature...but we are getting better I think..slowly...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Akragon
Wrong...

Not a new age belief... It came directly from Jesus who was quoting Psalms...

Ye are gods, and children of the most high...

The Bible was written for those who seek God and Jesus was speaking to those who read The Bible. If you are being selfish and harming others then you are not a child of The most High.

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. " - John 8:44

Akragon
Jesus said God is spirit, not light... Which means he is in all life...

Yes, he is in all Life, but not all actions are life-giving. Those actions which leads to destruction is not of God. So no, God is not "evil", he is not in the evil heart, intention, mind, and action.

Akragon
"Satan" represents materialism... The entity does not exist...

I'm aware that Satan means "Adversary" or "Opposer" in Hebrew. Whether or not Satan is one actual being or a metaphor, there are people who live in opposition to The Spirit, so in that sense, whether it is literal or metaphorical, it is very real.

Akragon
So its not about Choosing sides.... people will do what is right in their hearts... Some choose the self needs, others will choose the needs of another person over their own...

You are either for God or opposed to God. You are either living through Love helping others and forgiving others, or you aren't.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The Bible was written for those who seek God and Jesus was speaking to those who read The Bible

Actually no he was speaking to the jews...

The bible wasn't even thought of at that point... but the OT was around...

Ironically those who he called "children of the devil" were the law makers... Those who followed the OT...

And since he called them children of the devil, and they are the same people the OT was given to in the first place... it also makes them children of God... Just as the angels are as well... even the fallen so to speak

All creations of the Father... Thus as the passage says... all children of God

Yes, he is in all Life, but not all actions are life-giving. Those actions which leads to destruction is not of God. So no, God is not "evil", he is not in the evil heart, intention, mind, and action.

Have a glance over the atrocities in the OT and see if you can stomach what you just wrote...

You are either for God or opposed to God. You are either living through Love helping others and forgiving others, or you aren't.

And what of those who have no belief in God yet still are loving and forgiving... even help others... Which side are they on?

Or is that another side all together?

Perhaps its just ironic that in this life I've found that there are more people who do Good and don't believe in God, then those who follow that book...

Maybe its just my experience

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Too often, we show compassion to the unrepentant. If someone embraces their sin, or evil, if you will, it can be folly to show too much compassion. You become an enabler not someone who actually helps them turn away. Sometimes, love isn't the soft and squishy emotion most people think it is.

For example, if you have a family member who is a hard core addict, continuing to embrace them no matter how bad their behavior often only enables them in their addiction. The more compassionate and, yes, more loving act is to turn your back on them, letting them know they must choose either their addiction or their family.

So many people these days refuse to see that love can also be stern and corrective.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

ketsuko

So many people these days refuse to see that love can also be stern and corrective.

Or that actions SHOULD carry real consequence, personal responsibility is dead in our society.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Everyone IS a child of God. Children rebel against their parents all the time, that doesn't mean they're no longer the children of their parents though. Parents may disown their children but that does not mean they are no longer their children.

God IS everything and heaven IS everywhere. What is within us is all that exists, so if heaven is within us as Jesus says, everywhere is heaven and God is everything. Since everything is clothed in light, everything is part of God who is light itself.

Honestly, nothing about the "New Age" movement is new, it is actually very old, we are just now rediscovering it again. Religion has veiled the truth for thousands of years and the "New Age" is just now starting to bring that real truth to light again in my opinion.

I will agree with you on one point though, the true God is not the God of this world, we have a counterfeit god that requires worship and obedience otherwise you're punished with hellfire or eternal separation. God requires nothing because he already has everything and IS everything in my opinion.

The bible is nothing but a long-winded book that is talking about existence itself as God, it only obscures that truth with myth, allegory, and symbolism.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To answer your question: Just because you say "Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus!" that doesn't make you a Christians (Matthew 7:21-22). Only if you live by The Spirit which is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control, and if you live by The Spirit then it doesn't matter what you call yourself because God's people are scattered (Matthew 26:31) and wolves hide as sheep (Matthew 7:15), so we can know if they are truly Christians if they live by The Spirit , not by what they call themselves or refuse to call themselves.

So Jesus was talking about The Jewish Pharisees who followed The Old Testament. So, why is it then that Jesus referenced Moses in a positive light, if The Old Testament is bad?

Mark 7:9-10
He was also saying to them, "You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. 10"For Moses said, 'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND YOUR MOTHER'; and, 'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER, IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH';

John 5:45-46
"Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. 46"For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

We are even told that Jesus spoke to the (spirit of?) Moses and Elijah:

Matthew 17:3
Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Honestly, nothing about the "New Age" movement is new, it is actually very old, we are just now rediscovering it again. Religion has veiled the truth for thousands of years and the "New Age" is just now starting to bring that real truth to light again in my opinion.

I will agree on this one,

Gnostic teachings have plagued Christianity since its start.

In that long winded book, it often details the teachings to guard against that stem from Gnostic and Cultist teachings even at the time it was written.

There truly is nothing new under the sun apparently.

The modern concept of "anti-christ" in and of it self is often miss understood, and is referenced in the Bible early on as simply the school of thought and spirit that directly perverts the gospel as taught by Christ.

ETA:

The proof of this is the need to "attach" to Christianity in general, as a sort of parasite to support their own beliefs. There have always been Christians that preferred a softer message, and attach the teachings of others to support it.

IF these new age beliefs where sufficient on their own authority why than the need to "amend" or convert the christian gospel into something else.

Its either for their own intellectual honesty, not being able to take the gospel as it is from their view of God.

Or its something else.

I just find it curious the need to pervert the existing meanings of a religion, if you don't like them than don't believe it, why change them to fit your view?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
sorry this is a double post.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Actions speak louder than semantics. Are you any better for killing them back?

No.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Jesus speaking of Moses in that way is kind of how I and many others speak of Jesus today, a man whose words and message were corrupted to fit the needs of those in power at the time.

Jesus knew the OT was corrupt, that's why he called the Jewish authorities children of the devil, but just because the OT and Moses' words were corrupted does not mean there is no truth within the OT.

Moses spoke truth when he said God was I AM, that is a fundamental truth, but that message is obscured and misconstrued by the story and myths surrounding it.

Jesus spoke of me, Jesus spoke of you, and Jesus spoke of what is within all of us, the divine light of God, the spark that gives life to everything, consciousness. Consciousness is the I AM, which is why Jesus said "before Abraham ever was, I AM", he wasn't talking about himself alone, he was talking about life itself which includes all living creatures.

When you wake up in the morning and see your room and bed, you are seeing the light and image of God which we are all created in. Paul calls the Son the "image of the invisible God" in Colossians 1:15. The image Paul speaks of is the image we all possess and what we all are, the image of light that reveals the world around us. But just as with Moses' words, Paul misconstrued this fundamental truth with other teachings within his epistles. Paul knew the truth, he just decided to be selfish and hide it with religious dogma.
edit on 4/5/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by benrl

Actions speak louder than semantics. Are you any better for killing them back?

No.

Where did I say kill?

No where did I imply an action, I said, I detest people that harm children, I find the action repugnant.

I have no shame in admitting that.

Would I want to kill someone that harms my Child? Damn right, does that make me better no.

As a Christian, I believe I am allowed to be human, Im just called to try to do better.

One way to do this, is to hate evil actions.

I am even called to love the person that commits them.

So whats your point.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

In my opinion the New Age movement is only reconciling what Christianity and other religions have perverted for thousands of years. It is not New Age that is changing Christianity's teachings, it is Christianity that changed "Old Age" teachings that are only now being reconciled by the "New Age".

If New Age is "changing" anything, it is for the better and for the truth in my opinion. It is "changing" it back to its original form be for religious and political corruption.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join