It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone killings case thrown out in US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by benrl

Do something then

I happen to agree. Posting to ats is not "Doing something".
Forums give us the illusion that we're "doing something", but in fact they keep all those who wish to speak out herded together in one place, making them easy to manage. Thats the purpose of them!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Benryl thanks for this thread!

If the US does not wake up and demand change soon we will be looking at a sky that is grid work of drones to keep us in check.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I disagree posting this in the forum helps enlighten others and inform others what is going on. If they are not already informed. The more knowledge we have the more info we have the better we will be equipped to hopefully "do something" at a later time.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

VoidHawk

ScottProphhit
reply to post by benrl

Do something then

Forums give us the illusion that we're "doing something", but in fact they keep all those who wish to speak out herded together in one place, making them easy to manage. Thats the purpose of them!

There is certainly a placebo, or fake cross walk button effect (busy cities will put fake ones in, dispite the automation of the process, just so people don't bitch)

But their corresponding benefit of allowing like minded people to discuss should not be discounted as long as the above is kept in mind.

One needs always to be on guard from that, as well as other disruptive thing like Agent Provocateurs, honey pots, etc.

We seem to be living in orwellian times.
edit on 5-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

benrl

VoidHawk

ScottProphhit
reply to post by benrl

Do something then

There is certainly a placebo, or fake cross walk button effect (busy cities will put fake ones in, dispite the automation of the process, just so people don't bitch)

But their corresponding benefit of allowing like minded people to discuss should not be discounted as long as the above is kept in mind.

One needs always to be on guard from that, as well as other disruptive thing like Agent Provocateurs, honey pots, etc.

We seem to be living in orwellian times.

I agree, but as you say, the "placebo" does have an affect.

I watched a docu a while back, will post it when I can recall its title. In it the guy (very respected) was talking about how he was employed years ago by the tobacco companies to set up a forum. They wanted him to use it to attack the tobacco companies!!
His job was to gather into one place all those who were speaking out against tobacco, and to agree with them, and then slowly dilute and nuetralise their message.
He described it as "Real Birds in digital cages"
We all flock here to ats, we flap our wings and because we see others flapping their wings we feel safe, and think we're achieving something, but infact we're all trapped in a digital cage.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Which is why the site should change to discussions of the actions we should take. If you aren't willing to die and kill for freedom, you don't deserve to be free.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

American-philosopher

I disagree posting this in the forum helps enlighten others and inform others what is going on. If they are not already informed. The more knowledge we have the more info we have the better we will be equipped to hopefully "do something" at a later time.

And when would that "later time" be?
Every day people are losing more and more of their freedom to be able to do something, so what use is that knowledge when you have no freedom left?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm confused why this OP was met with ridicule for merely posting a current event. Nobody knows whether the OP is more or less of a activist than any other ATSer. The point of activism is moot when it turns into a discussion like: "no I do more than you", "no I do more", "no you just complain over the internet", etc.

If the OP could directly do anything to bring justice to the families of those wrongly killed in drone strikes, he/she would, I'm sure.
edit on 2014-04-05T15:22:49-05:002014490422kSatAmerica/ChicagobSat, 05 Apr 2014 15:22:49 -0500 by cosmikDebris because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-04-05T15:23:19-05:002014190423kSatAmerica/ChicagobSat, 05 Apr 2014 15:23:19 -0500 by cosmikDebris because: grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmikDebris

I wasn't trying to ridicule him, unless the thought of action is ridiculous. I am trying to inspire the U.S to fight and be willing to die for the greater good.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

So its a larger societal problem, which seems to be Western in nature.

That seeks to exert control of the populace by any means, that means sure Fluoride why not, TV, Movies, News, all forms of media in the WEST are fairly controlled.

If not through direct artistic effort by those creating, but by those producing and disseminating (networks).

One needs only flip on the tv and watch a few news channels and shows to see that the push is for less tangible information, and more talking points and flippant quotes to sway.

I say, the real "conspiracy" is not fluoride, its distraction, give people enough toys and they will let the world around them burn.

It is a cycle that has been repeated through out history, sadly I sometimes think we are simply in the fall of another republic.

Romans eating grapes while the empire folds in on itself.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't actively voice or dissent when ever, or where ever we can.

Even if its only on a forum, it at least was better than having silent thoughts wondering if you where the only one thinking it.

My point being, everyone needs to do their part, when ever and where ever they can, even if its as little as opening their mouth and agreeing or disagreeing, its more than most of the populace does.

edit on Sat Apr 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

So are you an activist or terrorist. Wearing muslim garb and anymore one is equated with the other. As for Americans in Yemen, well you are going to find yourself on a long walk with very few beside you on that one. If you are abroad training with murderers so you can come back here and kill fellow Americans you deserve a missile up the butt. Lol

Look you are committing treason. I agree they should be tried in absentia first. But me personally I don't have a problem with it. You have actionable intelligence now, you know they are planning to kill us, you either take the shot while you have it or possibly lose them and they get back into USA and possibly kill us. I would rather they die there amongst their terrorist friends than some innocent civilians dieing here.

That is a no Brainerd dude. Or would rather they have the opportunity to get back in and kill your family. If you see it in those terms you change your perspective. If there is a one in a hundred chance they get back in and kill your family would you. What is the chance we lose them for real and they get back in, sixty percent, what would be the acceptable chance for you when it is your family at stake.

If you say anything other than one hundred percent protect your family you are not being honest. And that is exactly what we are talking about here. Let's get real.

The Bot

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

dlbott

Look you are committing treason. I agree they should be tried in absentia first. But me personally I don't have a problem with it. You have actionable intelligence now, you know they are planning to kill us, you either take the shot while you have it or possibly lose them and they get back into USA and possibly kill us. I would rather they die there amongst their terrorist friends than some innocent civilians dieing here.

Its not because of who they are.

Its because of who we are.

It is always that simple, I do not buy the lie that American Citizens need to give up their Rights, to be safe at home.

Others apparently do.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

dlbott

ScottProphhit

So are you an activist or terrorist. Wearing muslim garb and anymore one is equated with the other. As for Americans in Yemen, well you are going to find yourself on a long walk with very few beside you on that one. If you are abroad training with murderers so you can come back here and kill fellow Americans you deserve a missile up the butt. Lol

That is a no Brainerd dude. Or would rather they have the opportunity to get back in and kill your family. If you see it in those terms you change your perspective. If there is a one in a hundred chance they get back in and kill your family would you. What is the chance we lose them for real and they get back in, sixty percent, what would be the acceptable chance for you when it is your family at stake.

If you say anything other than one hundred percent protect your family you are not being honest. And that is exactly what we are talking about here. Let's get real.

The Bot

and yet all your borders are wide open!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

benrl
It is always that simple, I do not buy the lie that American Citizens need to give up their Rights, to be safe at home.

Of course not - that way of thinking is the poison our government and it's puppet, the media, has been secreting since before noon on September 11, 2001.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

benrl
I do not buy the lie that American Citizens need to give up their Rights, to be safe at home.
Well said, and it IS a lie!, and without our freedom we are little more than prisoners, meanwhile the supposed bad guys walk free.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join