It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mass lack of understanding

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by Woodcarver

Nothing isn't my spirit? I am the Sun, the tide, the immovable mover. I am everything and I am nothing. I am free and I am oppressed. Willfully. To experience myself in an infinite number of ways. I am God. And you are too.

You are nothing but a poet. I can prove you are none of those other things and there is very clear cut line between you and other things.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Woodcarver
Mathematics is what never changes. It is also what disproves the idea of heaven.

Remember that the word heaven is perceived by you in a specific way.
What is a magical transfer to a fantasy world to one
is to the other that only lighter (faster) parts of you fly upwards like steam, because you can't keep them in line with the material anymore when your body dissolves. Very questionable indeed if there is any consciousness remaining up there or down there without a physical brain.
To a 3rd it can mean if you mess with the lives of other people/life forms, your next life will get it back indirectly given through others or perhaps you are already in all of us at once harming yourself. If time or room are infinite, you will exist somewhere again either way - and doing something positive or negative reaches all that is out there.

Either way the common TV idea of heaven is pretty harmful. People easily forget how their actions really affect a possible future life and instead think .. oh! this action must be good, i saw it on TV! I'll do it and go to heaven!.

Perhaps I just raised the general awareness of some a little

I'm not a "believer".

Woodcarver
Im getting to your "god" question. But i wanted to comment here first. You say "everything is spiritual" but actually everything is physical. Every thing we have ever measured has been physical. Even your thoughts can be quantified in physical terms.

The "physical" is what you can touch and does not reflect the colors visible to human eyes (red, green, blue). Magnetic fields for example are not physical. Steam and air are a middle thing. Eagles are claimed to see UV (faster than our colors)

And please don't get lost in "word games" - there is no "win" or "loss", we are trying to help you. Of course all of us have a flaw in our texts somewhere, but be thankful whenever you learn something, please.
And if you unconditionally do, the aware of us are in return as well!
edit on 6-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Woodcarver
I can prove you are none of those other things and there is very clear cut line between you and other things.

There are no separate things - there is only ever what is happening.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Thanks, I want to write poetry in music form! But your perceptions keep you away from my point of view. You see yourself as seperate to me, I see you as a part of me.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Woodcarver
I can prove you are none of those other things and there is very clear cut line between you and other things.

You 'seam' to assume you are a thing and the world is another thing.
When the known and the knower appear to be separate duality 'seams' to be true.

Knowers arc. Noah and his ark.
edit on 6-4-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Woodcarver

ScottProphhit

Nothing isn't spiritual though, that's why you can't see where I'm coming from. Everything to me adds up a certain way, everything to you adds up to a different perception. Neither of us are wrong

Im getting to your "god" question. But i wanted to comment here first. You say "everything is spiritual" but actually everything is physical. Every thing we have ever measured has been physical. Even your thoughts can be quantified in physical terms.

since you've not replied about "god", I have to ask you a mathematical question?

how much is 0 divided by 0?

please.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

And the physical world is an illusion created by us.
we did not create the universe in our minds. We are observing it with our bodies. It existed before us and will exist way beyond our lifespan as a species. Our minds are how we process this information and make use of it.

God has and always will be a construct of your mind. Because you have never and will never observe it
edit on 6-4-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Woodcarver

ScottProphhit

And the physical world is an illusion created by us.
we did not create the universe in our minds. We are observing it with our bodies. It existed before us and will exist way beyond our lifespan as a species. Our minds are how we process this information and make use of it.

God has and always will be a construct of your mind. Because you have never and will never observe it
edit on 6-4-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

I must say I was expecting more "scientific" explanation.

please try again.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

The answer to that is easy. Zero. You can do that with a calculator.
If you have zero and you divide it by zero, you will be left with zero.

Just like if i multiply any number by 0 i will also be left with nothing. Because that is what i would be starting with.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Your mind is stuck in the only life you can remember then! I let myself see a fraction of the exeriences I've had. As a flower, a bird, a pharoah, a star with planets revolving, I can feel these experiences, only because I chose to.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Stop it, you 2: demus and wood
You are neither productive, nor causing direct fun to each other, if i guess right.

Get back to the original mind piece that was different in you 2, out of your vs word game and compare details properly or give up.
You both sound silly.

ScottProphhit
Your mind is stuck in the only life you can remember then! I let myself see a fraction of the exeriences I've had. As a flower, a bird, a pharoah, a star with planets revolving, I can feel these experiences, only because I chose to.

Oh damn, i wish I could do that by choosing to

I try to become non distracted a lot to find something like that and still haven't found proof that one could do that.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

Just like if i multiply any number by 0 i will also be left with nothing. Because that is what i would be starting with.

that is not what mathematics say.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

oneoneone
Stop it, you 2: demus and wood
You are neither productive, nor causing direct fun to each other, if i guess right.

Get back to the original mind piece that was different in you 2, out of your vs word game and compare details properly or give up.
You both sound silly.

in my answer to another poster I already said that:

actually; I think we are one the same page here, only you've been reading every second word.

there is nothing different with two of us.
we are the same.
and we are the part of the same.
that is my view.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

and actually you cannot do it with a calculator.

I really expected you to know this and I was expecting much different answer.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

I haven't been at school for a couple of years, but I know zero can be put into zero an infinite number of times.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Some calculators can, some can't.
It requires an extra check for if 2 zeros are put in.
Some would give "infinite" as solution, because a simple check for if the divider is 0 would make it that way.
Maths are always a structure of observations put together until math was usable to the current limits.
Math sometimes uses thoughts of your brain by writing down symbols, otherwise the table that you had to learn to remember in elementary school: 1x1=1, 1x2=2, 1x3=3...

What Scott said:
Thats an opposing view, yet you can still say both: nothing divided by anything is zero and anything divided by zero is infinite (however only in the math way of mirroring around a number point)!
Language is very misleading and limited and causes an illusion ;D

But it's kinda Off-topic.

The definitions of spiritual and physics aren't the same and yet a part of the definition of each is part of the other.
The problem you 2 got might be a communication problem.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oneoneone

the problem is that the fellow poster thinks/claims he can prove or disprove anything with science and mathematics.
that is why 0 divided by 0 is on topic.
it is a proof that even mathematics is not 100% defined.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oneoneone

Aye well I know zero divided by zero wouldn't be infinite if you apply it to Apple's or anything literal, but in one sense you can get an infinite amount of nothing from your nothing! And that's why words ARE confusing:p

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

Ok? The very most important thing is that he has never been observed, therefore his existence cannot be included as a reference towards any of the many properties which are supposed to be the attributed to him. So when someone makes a claim about a god, such as " my god is a powerful god", there will have been no real observation involved. No one actually saw their god directly "being" powerful. They just assume that "all this seemingly infinite stuff was made by something, and that something must have been infinitely powerful to do that. If it can make universes, then It must be the most powerful thing. It must be able to do anything. It must be a god. "
And right there, you have already answered the question before doing all the work. Now when you look at the universe you will be looking through god tinted glasses.

But that is completely opposite of the way that the scientific method approaches the problem. It says "look at all this seemingly infinite stuff!! I wonder where it came from? Lets look at it in every way possible. Lets divide it down to its smallest parts and give everything a specific name so everyone is speaking the same language. Lets take notes on everything lets find how things react to other things. Always building and changing the model when new information is brought in so as to keep up to date at all times. Admitting what we dont know, and letting that be our guide so that we focus our work on what we dont understand. Never making claims that cannot be backed up by a body of work and a solid mathematical formula that cannot be disproven. This is the most important part. This formula is the theory. It is everything that has been observed and tested to be true. It is the pinnacle of human knowledge, even though things may change in theories over time. They are rarely flipped upside down by new findings. We will never throw out e=mc2. We may expand upon it but it will never change fundamentally.

We will never observe the god of the bible because it can be proven to be a construct of human imagination. Mostly based on the inconsistencies of the properties supposedly attributed to it. That goes for all the supernatural gods i have ever heard of.

If you now want to say that god is the accumulation of all the forces of the universe? Then we already know what those are. They already have names. We know the properties of the four forces that can be proven to act on and account for every physical object in our universe. It is even how we know about dark matter and dark energy and it accounts for them too. And none of these forces have anything to so with the inconsistent stories which have flown down to us through the ancient world about the many cultural gods that were purported to have existed and were systematically thrown away as unworkable theories. No one believes in zeus anymore.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
laws of physics and science pertain to the now. we do not have knowledge of the laws of creation or life.
try prove me wrong that after we are finished with this life we hitch onboard a total consciences?

if you did for example become aware of everything upon death you would then have to live and see the consequences of your actions and that you can use as incentive.

science is the laws binding us in this universe / wave. spirituality is the questions we ask and presume to understand. science can make things spirituality is already everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join