It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mass lack of understanding

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Science is the observation of the physical world, it is exactly as finite as physical matter.

We could include that science is the search for non physical anomolies, however, how would you find a nonphysical anomoly?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Can you define spirituality?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Woodcarver

Though physical and biological scientists today avoid supernatural explanations to describe reality, many scientists continue to consider science and spirituality to be complementary, not contradictory

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

Science is the observation of the physical world, it is exactly as finite as physical matter.

We could include that science is the search for non physical anomolies, however, how would you find a nonphysical anomoly?

if we/science do not have a way to do something today, it may/will have a way to do it in the future.

why are you drawing lines, why are you hiding inside the box?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Lots of people believe lots of things. None of that matters. Do you believe in the importance of truth? And the difference between opinion and fact?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Words define other words. Spirituality is how I feel when I wake up. It's how I feel when I share my thoughts with my nieces and nephews, its how I feel when I study science and life. It's how I feel.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

Lots of people believe lots of things. None of that matters. Do you believe in the importance of truth? And the difference between opinion and fact?

truth is changing.
opinions are changing.
"facts" are changing.

in the end it seems like you will be the only thing in the universe that will stay the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

demus

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

if we/science do not have a way to do something today, it may/will have a way to do it in the future.

That doesnt mean that everything will be possible in the future.

Why are you still avoiding all of my questions? I have been very polite and have asked several questions and no one has even attempted to try?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Woodcarver

Life is examining life.
'Science' is just existence peering into existence - how far does it have to travel?
Can life be anywhere but here and now?
Can one examine the 'future' or 'past'? Or is 'future and past' just words arising now? Out of what do these words arise and where do they go?
edit on 6-4-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

demus

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

truth is changing.
opinions are changing.
"facts" are changing.

in the end it seems like you will be the only thing in the universe that will stay the same.

The truth is what is present - it is changing and unchanging (motion and rest).
Hold onto the changing and there will be suffering. Find that which never changes and the kingdom of heaven will be revealed.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Woodcarver

demus

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

Why are you still avoiding all of my questions? I have been very polite and have asked several questions and no one has even attempted to try?

doesn't mean that everything will be possible in the future, I agree.

I just said that I think everything we today describe as spirituality will be explained in the future through science.

I don't understand why are you so defensive about it.

I never said I will prove it, or I can prove, or I want to prove it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Yes. That is true also.

The only thing that never changes are these formulas. Which is why they are so important when discussing the physical world and the properties of it. Otherwise we would have a jumbled up mess with no consensus and everyone would be arguing their opinions with eachother.

Which is exactly what you find in discussions of things which are not physical, like spirituality, religion, and whatever you guys are talking about.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Do you believe there is a thing called future?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

demus

Woodcarver

demus

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

I just said that I think everything we today describe as spirituality will be explained in the future through science.

Everything i think you mean by spirituality has already been proven to be wrong. But you still wont explain exactly what you mean by spirituality. Give me an example and i will show you what i mean.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

Umm... Yes.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Woodcarver

demus

Woodcarver

demus

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

Everything i think you mean by spirituality has already been proven to be wrong. But you still wont explain exactly what you mean by spirituality. Give me an example and i will show you what i mean.

You are talking false now brother. You have been here since yesterday proving nothing?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Woodcarver

Itisnowagain

Umm... Yes.

Really? Can you or any scientist show me one now?
Where is this thing called future?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Woodcarver

demus

Woodcarver

demus

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

OK, since you are really asking for it:

God, in any form.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Comparison:

Spirituality focus
Use words, no matter what they mean or any movement or influence to get the brain of someone else to have a wanted change, to have him understand what you found out in his own way to make him able to use and expand it, may it be the mechanism to pass things on like this more efficiently, create new thoughts more efficiently or information and also improve the !reasons! why you do this and their caused actions. Spirituality also has to do with invisible things etc, because they are logical and proven to those with a higher understanding, however hard to pass on, because sadly nobody will read text walls except on websites.

Science focus
Use words and graphics given from a higher command chain to explain something that is claimed to be equal to reality. Usage: an explanation for a specific job to serve the investors, not meant to be expanded or understood. Taught by checking if the person repeats the words as given to him and if he can use them to handle a possible job situation, no matter if he knows what the original inventor meant.
edit on 6-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by oneoneone

care to explain about your nickname "oneoneone".
I noticed it holds same meaning (for me) as: "everything is everything is everything"

am I misguided?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join