It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mass lack of understanding

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Woodcarver
He is not a spiritual person.

He did not like to put himself in any class or sect which would divide him from everything or anything else. He would most likely describe himself as no thing (spirit).
He also explored 'consciousness'.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

Because science is the path to truth. If you want to prove the existence of spirituality to the world, you will have to use the language of science to do that. There is no language of spirituality

who said I want to prove anything to the world?

language of spirituality?

if there is such a language you are clearly not speaking it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Woodcarver

Itisnowagain

Woodcarver
He is not a spiritual person.

And he won that prize by proving everything that he claimed

He does know that everything comes from nothing.

no one knows that. He would never make that claim. There are no examples of nothing. No matter how hard we try we cannot remove (everything) from a space. Read up on that before you use it as an arguement.

I watched the video - have a look and listen to what he says.
It was interesting when he spoke of his son saying that 'cat' was not in his word bag. Where does sound come from?? Where does it go after it is not here anymore?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by Woodcarver

Its exactly the same though? Except that science is trying to say something new, but you can't see that everything has already been said many many times before. All science has been explained thousands of years back, in a simple spiritual way, all science is doing is making complicated answers which mean the exact same.

yes, my brother:

everything is everything is everything.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

Woodcarver

ScottProphhit

Its exactly the same though? Except that science is trying to say something new, but you can't see that everything has already been said many many times before. All science has been explained thousands of years back, in a simple spiritual way, all science is doing is making complicated answers which mean the exact same.

You are so far away from the shore i can no longer see your lights. Care to explain any of that?

I'm at the beach, your lost at sea brother. Two thousand years ago we knew just as much about life, the cosmology and the social-environmental balancing act, the only thing they didn't have was the same formulas we do. Which are only formulas btw? Explaining something which could also be explained in a story

2000 yrs ago there was no algebra, no calculus, no telescopes, no germ theory, no microscopes, medicine was laughable, no steel forges, no periodic table, no flight, no satelites no space travel, no nuclear theory.

E=mc2 is only a formula right? Do you understand that a formula is how we make accurate predictions for advanced undertakings. If you do not understand what formulas represent you will never have even a basic understanding of the world around you.

Only formulas? You know that if these formulas ever predict anything incorrectly that they are to be thrown out with the trash. The formulas we work with today have NEVER given an incorrect answer. That is how we can trust formulas to get us to the moon, build engines, make chemicals and medicines, cook dinner. But if you dont learn to understand them and the symbols in them then it all looks like witchcraft huh?

People who lived 2000 yrs ago had no idea what was going on around them. How could you possibly believe that they were on par with us intellectually.

Oh wait, now i get it. It is YOU who is on par with them intellectually. You are still living with their level of knowledge. You should really catch up then. We have come a long way.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Woodcarver
There are no examples of nothing. No matter how hard we try we cannot remove (everything) from a space. Read up on that before you use it as an arguement.

I do not have to go and read about whether there is nothing - I do not have to be told about nothing and believe or not believe.

Examine reality directly and it will be obvious.
All is arising from nothing and dissolving back into nothing. The appearing something is just the showing of nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Woodcarver
No matter how hard we try we cannot remove (everything) from a space.

Even space is an illusion - there is no time so there is no distance.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I think you'll find medicine was working really well back then. And E=MC2 proves spirituality anyway. You are light slowed down by mass. God is light.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

you are living proof that despite all the advances in all fields of science some people don't see/don't want to accept simple truths/insights that were available in the past as much as they are today.

exactly what the opening post is all about.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
There is only energy and energy appears as light.
The light that is appearing (now - presently always present) is not separate from the energy which witnesses it. The appearing energy may 'seam' to stand apart but it does not ever appear without the witness.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

Woodcarver
There are no examples of nothing. No matter how hard we try we cannot remove (everything) from a space. Read up on that before you use it as an arguement.

I do not have to go and read about whether there is nothing - I do not have to be told about nothing and believe or not believe.

All is arising from nothing and dissolving back into nothing. The appearing something is just the showing of nothing.

Science is the act of examining the world around you. To do it correctly you have to use the language of math. We have painstakingly broke down every particle we have come into contact with and made models that make the most accurate of predictions. We have tested every possible thing we have found and run it through a world of scientifically trained minds and no one has any idea of what this thing you call spirituality is. Even in this thread no one has dared to put a definition to the word, because you have all tried before and been slapped down.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Woodcarver
We have tested every possible thing we have found and run it through a world of scientifically trained minds and no one has any idea of what this thing you call spirituality is. Even in this thread no one has dared to put a definition to the word, because you have all tried before and been slapped down.

I have no idea what 'spirituality' is.
There is just what is appearing presently - it is just dream stuff.

Thingness is what is seen and experienced - but what is seeing/witnessing the scene?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You still don't understand that science is spiritual. It can't not be. No matter the maths, it comes down to the same thing. Everything is connected, nothing is pointless and every moment is a gift. All science comes from the feeling of wanting to remember yourself.

I'll define spirituality, it's the space between all atoms and the creation of mass in light. Through conscious choice.
edit on th2014-04-06T08:44:20-05:0020143030-05:00Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:44:20 -05002014p08 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
There is only energy and energy appears as light.
The light that is appearing (now - presently always present) is not separate from the energy which witnesses it. The appearing energy may 'seam' to stand apart but it does not ever appear without the witness.

Ok your getting closer. Everything is energy. But everything is there wether there is a witness to see it or not. (If a tree falls in the woods, it does make sound waves therefore there is sound, even if no one hears it. )

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Woodcarver
Science is the act of examining the world around you.

Can you peel yourself away from what is around you? Is that which is around you not also in you and of you?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Woodcarver
But everything is there wether there is a witness to see it or not. (If a tree falls in the woods, it does make sound waves therefore there is sound, even if no one hears it. )

That is just an assumption which cannot be proved.

Look at it this way - can there be sound waves if there is no medium? Are the waves in the ocean possible without there being an ocean?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

You still don't understand that science is spiritual. It can't not be. No matter the maths, it comes down to the same thing. Everything is connected, nothing is pointless and every moment is a gift. All science comes from the feeling of wanting to remember yourself.

I'll define spirituality, it's the space between all atoms and the creation of mass in light. Through conscious choice.
edit on th2014-04-06T08:44:20-05:0020143030-05:00Sun, 06 Apr 2014 08:44:20 -05002014p08 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

Taking concepts that we already have names for, and understand as physical events, and then calling them spiritual events is just dishonest. You still havent described what a spiritual event is, so that is another tactic you are using to be dishonest.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Woodcarver

Itisnowagain

Woodcarver

Science is the act of examining the world around you. To do it correctly you have to use the language of math. We have painstakingly broke down every particle we have come into contact with and made models that make the most accurate of predictions. We have tested every possible thing we have found and run it through a world of scientifically trained minds and no one has any idea of what this thing you call spirituality is. Even in this thread no one has dared to put a definition to the word, because you have all tried before and been slapped down.

science is not finite, wouldn't you agree?
is there a real possibility that "the spirituality" will be explained in the future by scientific means?

as one spiritualist said in 19th century: Now I Know 1000 Ways How Not To Proof Spirituality...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Was it you who said earlier that spirituality was a physical force?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Nah brother, I am the one that will repeat that we share one soul

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join