It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mass lack of understanding

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Woodcarver

demus
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

"everything is everything is everything."

it took me years to figure out that meaningful quote and when I did; my understanding of the world has changed forever.

My physics teacher would have slappped you if you tried to push this nonsense in his class. Do you have any formal training in science at all? Are you familiar with any of the models of the physical world?

Everything is everything is everything? Somebody go to the closet and give this fella a nobel prize, he just came up with the theory of everything.

And its so simple and elegant.

Mr Tesla would like a word.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

it took me years to figure out that meaningful quote and when I did; my understanding of the world has changed forever.

My physics teacher would have slappped you if you tried to push this nonsense in his class. Do you have any formal training in science at all? Are you familiar with any of the models of the physical world?

Everything is everything is everything? Somebody go to the closet and give this fella a nobel prize, he just came up with the theory of everything.

Its actually a meaningless quote, because everything is not everyting. E=mc2 is a meaningful quote. You see because science has to mean something. There has to be math involved. Observation, experimentation, these are the first two steps in the scientific method. Neither of which are applicable to spirituality. Because it is not real.

Neuroscience is the study of the brain and its effect on the body. No matter how hard someone prays, it will look just like someone sitting calmly and thinking real hard. Neuroscience has proven beyond any doubt that there is nothing special going on in the brain when you pray.

edit on 6-4-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Woodcarver

demus
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

1. with all due respect to your teacher (violent?) we're not in physics class are we?

2. I didn't say quote I offered is a theory or has anything to do with science.

sorry guy, but whole this time you've been trying to attack me and you are doing so on fronts where I am not even present.

I apologize, don't have mathematical formula for my thoughts.

why, instead you don't say what is your opinion about Great Scientists who were talking about science & spirituality?

oh, yeah, maybe that is one of the reasons they were GREAT, because they were thinking beyond science.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

And i guess your channeling mr tesla right now.

What word would you and nicky like to have?

Your problems are that you guys dont understand the quotes your using. You do know the language of science is math. Obscure quotes from anyone won't win the nobel.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Woodcarver

When we speak of man, we have a conception of humanity as a whole, and before applying scientific methods to the investigation of his movement we must accept this as a physical fact. But can anyone doubt to-day that all the millions of individuals and all the innumerable types and characters constitute an entity, a unit? Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot be seen, but we can feel them. I cut myself in the finger, and it pains me: this finger is a part of me. I see a friend hurt, and it hurts me, too: my friend and I are one. And now I see stricken down an enemy, a lump of matter which, of all the lumps of matter in the universe, I care least for, and it still grieves me. Does this not prove that each of us is only part of a whole?
For ages this idea has been proclaimed in the consummately wise teachings of religion, probably not alone as a means of insuring peace and harmony among men, but as a deeply founded truth. The Buddhist expresses it in one way, the Christian in another, but both say the same: We are all one. Metaphysical proofs are, however, not the only ones which we are able to bring forth in support of this idea. Science, too, recognizes this connectedness of separate individuals, though not quite in the same sense as it admits that the suns, planets, and moons of a constellation are one body, and there can be no doubt that it will be experimentally confirmed in times to come, when our means and methods for investigating psychical and other states and phenomena shall have been brought to great perfection. Still more: this one human being lives on and on. The individual is ephemeral, races and nations come and pass away, but man remains. Therein lies the profound difference between the individual and the whole.

Mr. Tesla, who your physics teacher will be a fan.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Woodcarver
You see because science has to mean something. There has to be math involved. Observation, experimentation, these are the first two steps in the scientific method. Neither of which are applicable to spirituality. Because it is not real.

Science does not mean something - science just observes what is happening and then writes numbers and symbols to show what it has observed.
This is a fascinating documentary which I have already posted today on another thread but definitely deserves to be seen. It is a noble prize winner speaking about how he was just intrigued by what goes on - he says he does not know why things do what they do and is not threatened by not knowing, just fascinated.

The more one sees how it all works, the more one is in awe - when there is wonder and awe the spirit shines - there is wonder in being.
edit on 6-4-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by ScottProphhit

And i guess your channeling mr tesla right now.

What word would you and nicky like to have?

Your problems are that you guys dont understand the quotes your using. You do know the language of science is math. Obscure quotes from anyone won't win the nobel.

who said we have to talk in "language of science"?

the topic is about "mass lack of understanding".

thank you for demonstrating what does it mean (in non - scientific) terms to have "lack of understanding".

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

I would like to see a raise of hands from anyone who has taken an advanced physics class. If you have gone through the training you would understand why scientist dont use poetic quotes to prove things. They use them to reach out to people who probably will never ever open a science book.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

I would like to see a raise of hands from anyone who has taken an advanced physics class. If you have gone through the training you would understand why scientist dont use poetic quotes to prove things. They use them to reach out to people who probably will never ever open a science book.

Sure so where do me and stephen hawking disagree?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

Woodcarver
You see because science has to mean something. There has to be math involved. Observation, experimentation, these are the first two steps in the scientific method. Neither of which are applicable to spirituality. Because it is not real.

Science does not mean something - science just observes what is happening and then writes numbers and symbols to show what it has observed.
This is a fascinating documentary which I have already posted today on another thread but definitely deserves to be seen. It is a noble prize winner speaking about how he was just intrigued by what goes on - he says he does not know why things do what they do and is not threatened by not knowing, just fascinated.

The more one sees how it all works, the more one is in awe - when there is wonder and awe the spirit shines - there is wonder in being.
edit on 6-4-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Ok and do you understand any of those numbers and symbols?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Woodcarver
reply to post by demus

I never tried to prove anything with "poetic quote"; especially not in a scientific way.

why do you think we should "prove" our opinions here in a scientific way?

do not limit yourself.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Because science is the path to truth. If you want to prove the existence of spirituality to the world, you will have to use the language of science to do that. There is no language of spirituality

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Woodcarver
Ok and do you understand any of those numbers and symbols?

No - the numbers and symbols are translations, just another way of looking deeper into what is.
I am intrigued by this 'thing' called life and Richard Feynman was - I bet you were not intrigued enough to look at the video.
He explains that just because things appear like they do does not mean they will always do the same thing - he was a truly amazing man and the way he looked at the world was genius.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Its exactly the same though? Except that science is trying to say something new, but you can't see that everything has already been said many many times before. All science has been explained thousands of years back, in a simple spiritual way, all science is doing is making complicated answers which mean the exact same.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I have actually met richard feynman a few times. He is one of my all time heros so i am happy to talk about anything that has to do with him. He is not a spiritual person.

And he won that prize by proving everything that he claimed

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

Its exactly the same though? Except that science is trying to say something new, but you can't see that everything has already been said many many times before. All science has been explained thousands of years back, in a simple spiritual way, all science is doing is making complicated answers which mean the exact same.

You are so far away from the shore i can no longer see your lights. Care to explain any of that?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Woodcarver
He is not a spiritual person.

He does know that everything comes from nothing.

link   
Reductionist HAH.

Science is the universe without context and personality(meaning).

How can we exist without context and personality?

link   

Woodcarver

ScottProphhit

You are so far away from the shore i can no longer see your lights. Care to explain any of that?

I'm at the beach, your lost at sea brother. Two thousand years ago we knew just as much about life, the cosmology and the social-environmental balancing act, the only thing they didn't have was the same formulas we do. Which are only formulas btw? Explaining something which could also be explained in a story

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

Woodcarver
He is not a spiritual person.

He does know that everything comes from nothing.

no one knows that. He would never make that claim. There are no examples of nothing. No matter how hard we try we cannot remove (everything) from a space. Read up on that before you use it as an arguement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join