It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese ship hears pulse signal in south Indian Ocean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

roadgravel
reply to post by daaskapital

I'll accept data and science more then a thousand guesses at everything from alien motherships, to the plane never even taking off or the plane is still flying around today.

As would any person of a sound mind. That said, this data hasn't even been released for public scrutiny. We haven't seen any actual evidence...the information pertaining to the data has only been relayed to the public via the Malaysian government, which has repeatedly lied during this investigation. As a result, i am not ready to accept this information just yet...

edit on 5-4-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It is truly sad that nobody can seem to get their stuff together enough to at least tell a good lie. This latest "thing" from China should have been left to Malasia since they have yet to figure out what actually happened.

This bit about the locator is wholly untrue. When I read the article I noticed they specified a frequency that the "ELT" was using...37.5kHz...a rather inappropriate frequency since it is barely above human audible range (20Hz - 20kHz)...so I went an looked it up.

Distress Beacons actually work on a much higher frequency, and unless it's an old one is capable of talking to satellites immediately upon activation, and, from something like 6000 meters of water.

The ELT in all aircraft work on 400MHz and 1.8 Ghz (or so) activate immediately upon impact (if not too hard) or immersion. The locator talks directly to a non-geosynchronous satellite and reports it position with a degree of accuracy, GPS and other space based assets can then be used to find the downed craft.

But, this business about "special" receivers, etc. is pure BULL!

There are those who think the airplane is "on the ground" in Pakistan...I think they should be listened to!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm gonna say, No, this will not be the plane.

It's landed somewhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

The alleged signal is from location -25D 0' 0", +101D 0' 0".

Something that bothers me about this is that there still is no debris.
I mean not one thing. . . luggage, lifeboats, purses, seat covers, etc!

I can only assume that if this is the location, that the jet pulled off a 'Sullenberger' type landing. But even then, wouldn't air pressure crush the jet spilling it contents as it went down to the depths?

I don't get it yet. . .

edit on 4/5/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Now CNN is reporting that a Chinese plane has spotted objects floating in the search zone. Hmmmmm.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

roadgravel

Just because it suddenly stopped pinging doesn't mean the plane had crashed

You are right. The pilot finally remembered the satcom system was on and ran down to the equipment bay and cut the power cord. Home free,

You can't turn that secondary Classic Aero terminal off as long as the plane has power.
To add, the pilots should know that. It kinda makes the idea that they were responsible a bit off. It seems like a hi-jack, or a systems failure the most likely. I suppose suicide is possible, but why fly around for hours before doing the deed? it doesn't make much sense.
edit on 5-4-2014 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

tanka418
It is truly sad that nobody can seem to get their stuff together enough to at least tell a good lie. This latest "thing" from China should have been left to Malasia since they have yet to figure out what actually happened.

This bit about the locator is wholly untrue. When I read the article I noticed they specified a frequency that the "ELT" was using...37.5kHz...a rather inappropriate frequency since it is barely above human audible range (20Hz - 20kHz)...so I went an looked it up.

Distress Beacons actually work on a much higher frequency, and unless it's an old one is capable of talking to satellites immediately upon activation, and, from something like 6000 meters of water.

The ELT in all aircraft work on 400MHz and 1.8 Ghz (or so) activate immediately upon impact (if not too hard) or immersion. The locator talks directly to a non-geosynchronous satellite and reports it position with a degree of accuracy, GPS and other space based assets can then be used to find the downed craft.

But, this business about "special" receivers, etc. is pure BULL!

There are those who think the airplane is "on the ground" in Pakistan...I think they should be listened to!

An underwater locator beacon (ULB) or underwater acoustic beacon is a device fitted to aviation flight recorders such as the cockpit voice recorder (CVR) and flight data recorder (FDR). ULBs are also sometimes required to be attached directly to an aircraft fuselage. ULBs are triggered by water immersion; most emit an ultrasonic pulse of 37.5 kHz at an interval of once per second

edit on 4/5/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

smurfy

roadgravel

You are right. The pilot finally remembered the satcom system was on and ran down to the equipment bay and cut the power cord. Home free,

You can't turn that secondary Classic Aero terminal off as long as the plane has power.
To add, the pilots should know that. It kinda makes the idea that they were responsible a bit off. It seems like a hi-jack, or a systems failure the most likely. I suppose suicide is possible, but why fly around for hours before doing the deed? it doesn't make much sense.

Obviously I was kidding about the power cord. My belief was if the ping keep alive died the plane was gone.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

roadgravel

An underwater locator beacon (ULB) or underwater acoustic beacon is a device fitted to aviation flight recorders such as the cockpit voice recorder (CVR) and flight data recorder (FDR). ULBs are also sometimes required to be attached directly to an aircraft fuselage. ULBs are triggered by water immersion; most emit an ultrasonic pulse of 37.5 kHz at an interval of once per second

Yeah, uh-huh...okay a device with a practical working range of kilometers...gotcha

Given the rough specification found on the somewhat more serious "ELT"...one can only wonder why it didn't go foo? and/or , just how deep is the water there? More than 6 kilometers?

By the way...the spec'ed radio range under water is 6 kilometers...likely better than the acoustic device.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So called ping not in the designated search area.

Using the psychic theory of every prediction is wrong, then why not search in the non search area since the official areas have all been wrong.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

roadgravel

smurfy

roadgravel

Obviously I was kidding about the power cord. My belief was if the ping keep alive died the plane was gone.

Well if the hourly ping stopped, it would mean simply that the power was off. The primary satcom system was already switched off as was the transponder and most likely by someone, and it's hard to get around that.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

smurfy

roadgravel

smurfy

roadgravel

Well if the hourly ping stopped, it would mean simply that the power was off. The primary satcom system was already switched off as was the transponder and most likely by someone, and it's hard to get around that.

It was on, it was answering connections from the ground station via the satellite. How could it been off all flight.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

Commercial aircraft are required to use an ELT that transmits on a freq. of 406 MHz. At one time the freq. was 121.5 Mhz but that has changed to the 406 MHz one. Unlike most naval aircraft equipped with a deployable flight data recorder (FDR)/cockpit voice recorder (CVR) with a built in ELT, this transmitter is not necessarily affixed to the FDR and CVR on commercial aircraft. What is required for commercial aircraft is to have what is known as a Underwater Acoustic Beacon (UAB) attached to the recorders. It is this device that transmits at 37.5 kHz, is the device that will transmit for at least 30 days, is the device that the towed arrays are listening for, and will be the device that the Chinese have apparently detected.

The UAB is a metal cylinder containing a battery and a transmitter which, when it is immersed in water, immediately starts transmitting. I used to have to test them on the Canadian P-3 variant on a periodic basis. You were supposed to use a piece of wire to activate them but you could just lick your finger and touch the two contacts to do that. You detected the signal with a small test box that converted the 37.5 kHz signal to an audio signal that could be heard by the human ear.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The fact that all of these ships and planes are searching the area and STILL CAN'T FIND ANYTHING is saying something. As far as the ping, I hope that it is the black box to the plane for some closure for the families, if not then kick rocks and search elsewhere. I find it strange how the ping is just now being picked up. So many holes, lies, and then some...The governments need to disclose everything!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This could be a false signal which they have had lots of them during the search for MH370...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I kind of feel like the whole search party system may be a cluster.... It just looks to me like China is splintering off and doing its own thing. If this is it, then good for China and it shows that they are just as capable. Let this be an example, maybe not great, but an example of all countries working together in time of crisis

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

tanka418
It is truly sad that nobody can seem to get their stuff together enough to at least tell a good lie. This latest "thing" from China should have been left to Malasia since they have yet to figure out what actually happened...

Two totally different systems. One's sonic for finding the boxes if they're underwater. The other's a radio signal, not a sound ping.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'll bet you an Obama Dollar it isn't the aircraft.

This will turn out to be nothing, like the other "Breaking News" crap on this event.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

tanka418

By the way...the spec'ed radio range under water is 6 kilometers...likely better than the acoustic device.

No, no it isn't. Radio is attenuated really badly under water, especially salt water. That's why they have to use ELF or VLF to reach subs that are only a few hundred feet down. At the frequencies of an ELT, you won't have any signal left in a just a few feet.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

Boeing Commercial Airplanes VP marketing Randy Tinseth stated (28-Jul-2013) the company sent out instructions to 787 customers earlier this month giving them information on how to either inspect or remove the Honeywell Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) on their aircraft. Mr Tinseth also announced Boeing is asking specific operators of 717, 737NG, 747-400, 767 and 777 aircraft to also inspect aircraft with the Honeywell fixed ELT. Boeing is taking this action following recommendations by the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) that aircraft models with fixed Honeywell ELTs be inspected. The purpose of these inspections to is gather data to support potential rulemaking by regulators. Boeing stated it will be working closely with its customers in the coming days.
-- centreforaviation.com...

I'm thinking that we can presume that the aircraft in question had an ELT installed...the only question is whether or not it was the Honeywell device.

Also I took a look...where they are searching is primarily water less than 6000 meters, much of it less than 5000.

Given that these devices activate automatically upon a crash...it seems more logical to think the aircraft was stolen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join