It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese ship hears pulse signal in south Indian Ocean

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

(CNN) -- [Breaking news alert, 7:39 a.m.]
A Chinese patrol ship has discovered Saturday a pulse signal with a frequency of 37.5 kHz in the southern Indian Ocean, state news agency Xinhua reported.

Finally, an interesting development!
Looks like they may have found it this time, hope its not just another mistake. . .
Maybe now the world can get some answers but I can only assume we will have more questions!

AB

(Would of loved to put this in breaking news! ATS has changed things in the last few years I haven't figured out everything yet)
edit on 4/5/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Great news! (sarcasm)

So, again and for the I-don't-know-how-many-times, the story is ressurrected?

Told that before: the explanation was already out, no reason to keep looking for fairy tales.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Interesting the Chinese found the needle in the haystack so quickly. I genuinely thought there was no chance of finding it before the batteries died.

Makes me wonder if the Chinese have a technological advantage in Sonar that hasn't been widely recognised.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Remember this THREAD, me answearing this.

A lot of times the news aren't pointed at you, they are pointed towards relativs who might use the news as a source of information on thier missing loved ones.

You replying back with this.

If it were me or my family I wouldn't want to be on the news or hearing about it there.

This news is what i meant, it gives a little hope for posible relativs who might follow the news.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Cool, now, hopefully if true the families can finally have some sort of closer and put to rest some of the more hair brained theories. Having written that, I'm sure long after they recover the plane's black boxes and whatever remains they might find, there will be lingering questions and of course, 'Conspiracies' of how this was planned/planted/faked for various supposedly nefarious reasons etc etc etc

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I'd like to know why it took them a whole month to get ships in there to start the pinging?? Why didn't Malaysia bring in subs and ships from China to begin with? (they are close by and they had a ton of people on that plane) This whole thing has been messed up.

I hope they find the wreckage so everyone can have at least a little bit of comfort in knowing for sure what happened to their family and friends. I feel for the families ....

link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I would not want to hear this from CNN though!

I would want to hear this from a commander or someone in charge of the investigation. Also I would want to talk with them personally about this before it was blasted into the MSM. If this is just another BS discovery, and there have been many to date, the news would just agitate the grieving process even more for me.
My stance still does not change, this breaking news is not for the people involved it is for all the rest!

link   
Be great if it is .

But i will wait for conformation as other research gear can also send out pings at the same fz and last for years.

www.jwfishers.com...
ashtead-technology.com...

Cable powered pinger are used on undersea cables every few miles to allow for repair ships to find and work on undersea cables.

One problem is there should be TWO pingers one for the cockpit data recorder and one for the flight data recorder.
edit on 5-4-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

reply to post by Painterz

I don't think they are 'Pinging' but rather trolling and listening.

I could be wrong though.

*Correct word usage in this case for 'Trolling'

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

It's cool...Peace.

Hope this leads to something though.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
the timing is perfect . isn't it ?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I didn't think they would find it, I really didn't!
I thought this was going to be one of those cases where it would be lost forever.

I would like to know how the Chinese pulled it off also.
Tossing a jet liner off the deck of a ship unnoticed is not an easy task, so many parts!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

puptuls

I thought this was going to be one of those cases where it would be lost forever.

Tossing a jet liner off the deck of a ship unnoticed is not an easy task, so many parts!

It is not confirmed as one of the boxes from MH370.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I'd like to know why it took them a whole month to get ships in there to start the pinging?? Why didn't Malaysia bring in subs and ships from China to begin with? (they are close by and they had a ton of people on that plane) This whole thing has been messed up.

I hope they find the wreckage so everyone can have at least a little bit of comfort in knowing for sure what happened to their family and friends. I feel for the families ....

The Chinese vessels were initially in their own area searching, where the plane should have been en route. Then getting craft to the South indian ocean takes some time.
Let's hope that this will be something for the relatives.
edit on 5-4-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Convenient timing...

We haven't seen a shred of evidence to suggest that this plane is in the southern Indian Ocean. All we have to go on is the word of the Malaysian government, who has been misleading the public throughout the entire time.

We may also have the alleged pings from the plane, suggesting it flew into the abyss of the southern Indian Ocean...but that is it. Just because it suddenly stopped pinging doesn't mean the plane had crashed. Hell, they haven't even used the specific analytical technique in such a situation before.

I will reserve judgement on this update. With that said though, i am confident that we, the public, will never see the entire story of Malaysian airlines Flight 370.
edit on 5-4-2014 by daaskapital because: clarification

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The same Chinese that have "found" airplane debris floating in the ocean with their satellites several times? The same Chinese that "found" the crash site using seismic readings? Only to be proven wrong each and every time? I'll pass on this news and wait for a more reliable source. China has "cried wolf" one too many times for my taste.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

roadgravel

puptuls

It is not confirmed as one of the boxes from MH370.

No, but whatever it is, is transmitting at the same frequency as a black box...

A Chinese patrol ship in the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has discovered a pulse signal with a frequency of 37.5 kHz - the standard frequency for a black box recorder, state media has reported.

However, there is no indication that it is from flight MH370.

"That is the standard beacon frequency for both so-called black boxes - the cockpit voice recorder and the flight data recorder," said Anish Patel, president of pinger manufacturer Dukane Seacom told CNN.

www.independent.co.uk... ean-9240536.html

I don't know. It is interesting information, but from what i have seen of the entire investigation, i am hesitant to jump on board.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Just because it suddenly stopped pinging doesn't mean the plane had crashed

You are right. The pilot finally remembered the satcom system was on and ran down to the equipment bay and cut the power cord. Home free,

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

roadgravel

Just because it suddenly stopped pinging doesn't mean the plane had crashed

You are right. The pilot finally remembered the satcom system was on and ran down to the equipment bay and cut the power cord. Home free,

You don't need to be a smart arse...

The truth is, we have no idea what happened to this plane. I am not tempted to jump when i am told to by any government involved in this investigation.

The plane was allegedly tracked into the Indian Ocean through the use of a technique which was untested before this investigation. Are you ready to blindly accept the explanation that this unproved technique is 100% accurate? Apparently, the Malaysian government was...the same government which has been feeding us crap since the beginning.

No...there is more to this story...
edit on 5-4-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I'll accept data and science more then a thousand guesses at everything from alien motherships, to the plane never even taking off or the plane is still flying around today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join