It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the complete flood myth thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I stopped reading when the OP said he thinks 'aliens' caused the flood. Come back to reality for a moment because if some alien species was powerful enough to cause a global flood they would have definitely been powerful enough to track down and kill the handful of survivors afterwards who were more than likely driven to insanity by the scale of the event(s).

There is evidence out there concerning what caused the flood, if people would just stop injecting there fantasies into discerning truth from fallacy they'd see it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
More proof that Earth was tilted during the flood.

I’m in the process of going through the Sumerian online text archive once more to sort things out and gather information on everybody in a more systematic way. It was during this process I came across this text, which i didn’t pay attention to earlier. Thus I wanted to share what I found with you as it is related to my original posts in this thread. However. Before we do that , let’s take a closer look at the text in question first.

How Inana shortened daytime to capture the E-ana from An

The text called “Inana and An” is a pre flood story, that initially is all about how Inana managed to capture the E-ana from Anu, who probably was An’s palace in even more remote days. However. It is rater typical how these ancient Sumerian authors managed to implement total different events into these kind of ordinary stories about the Anuna Gods. Thus the rather historic and rather game changing event about how Earth got it’s tilt is implemented and made a part of the story also.

Unfortunately, the text itself is very fragmented and thus only the last part of the story is intact, leaving us only with the conclusion of the story. This is sad, but at least the texts that is still intact , gives us some very valuable piece of information, because it tells us that after the earth got it’s tilt, the length of daytime changed and became shorter, which was my original theory all along.

Thus we can read from the text that daytime before Earth got it’s tilt originally lasted for 18 hours, and the night-time only for 6 hours. Afterwards, when Earth got tilted, daytime and night-time became equal.

Here is what the text say about it:

“Having heard those words, An slapped his thighs in ......, his voice filled with sighs of grief: "What has my child done? She has become greater than me! What has Inana done? She has become greater than me! From now on, the normal length of daylight becomes shorter, and daylight converts to night-time. From today, when the day's watch is three units long, daylight is equal to night-time." And now, when day began, it was indeed so.”

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#

Conclusion

This above information is indeed very interesting and adds to the theory that the Earth (before the great flood) was not tilted the way it is today like I have written about in the above posts.

Thus we should understand the above text in such a way that daylight before the great flood (in ancient Sumer) lasted for 18 hours and the night-time only for 6 hours. After the Earth got it’s tilt, daytime and night-time became equal.

edit on 25-4-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: helius

Thus we should understand the above text in such a way that daylight before the great flood (in ancient Sumer) lasted for 18 hours and the night-time only for 6 hours. After the Earth got it’s tilt, daytime and night-time became equal.
Daytime and night time are not equal of equal lengths except on the equinoxes. Without the tilt of the Earth daytime and night time would be of the same length every day of the year.

edit on 4/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join