It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did some accounts on here get hacked or get a bug?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I just noticed my inbox only had messages from the last few months. The number of stars I have seems to be a lot higher than I remember too. I was wondering if I should update my password or what was going on.

It seems like something about my profile has changed.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
That's a lot of stars.

ETA: And karma.
edit on 4/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Some accounts were affected when the site was revamped...i wouldn't worry too much about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I just cancelled work, and told my wife I won't be able to make it home tonight. An ATS member with 11,000 Karma is speaking, and I want to hear every last @#$%^& word!!!!

I'm guessing some kind of statistical glitch, where it's either
1) adjoining multiple accounts because of erroneous coding,
or
2) creating false statistics because of an error in the mathematical formulas derived to produce said statistics. There will be evidence of this if your statistics continue to grow at an exponential level.

I'm sure there are a myriad of possibilities, just throwing out my two favorite.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

A few members who joined before late 2004 2006 combine with a starring glitch and end up with millions of stars. Lucky you

Messages don't show as unread if the sender reads them in their outbox first. Many have thought someone was reading their messages. The inbox used to be limited to about 50 messages so deleting some would allow older ones *back* in.

edit on 5-4-2014 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2014 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if I had won the 2 million star lottery or something.

As far as karma, I never even paid much attention to it.

I'm not worried about. I was just wondering what happened.

I only saw 2 messages in my inbox after forgetting to check it for the last few months. It would be nice if there was like a blinking or flashing message when we have new messages.

. I wonder who has the most stars?

Well I just saw a member who joined in 2005 who had 100 to 200 thousand more stars than me.

I had more lightning bolts though. About 9,000 more.

Is that what is called karma? I always wondered what that was.
edit on 5/4/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm a lottery winner too

And my friends say my Karma is just about right for me, I wish….

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
How 'bout we consider ourselves members of a club, how 'bout "The Dalai Lama Group"…. or Buddha Buddies…. or you name it, lol.
edit on 4/5/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I can't hear a single word over how awesome your karma is

are you God?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I like to think so
I know my dog agrees especially when I cook bacon for breakfast.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

it was written that God shall provide bacon to the masses

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yes, that was to be in the original version of My Book. Bacon was to be considered the holiest of foods and eaten with reverence but unfortunately Moses made a typo….

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Wow! 23 million stars. Here I thought I had a lot. It seems like inflation has hit.

We could call ourselves The Ben Bernanke club. We have monetized our stars and karma. It won't affect anyone else. lol

Bacon does sound good. I have faith God will provide.

edit on 5/4/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

seentoomuch

Yes, that was to be in the original version of My Book. Bacon was to be considered the holiest of foods and eaten with reverence but unfortunately Moses made a typo….

Well, you had your chance to correct it with communion. But you chose crackers instead.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

orionthehunter

Wow! 23 million stars. Here I thought I had a lot. It seems like inflation has hit.

We could call ourselves The Ben Bernanke club. We have monetized our stars and karma. It won't affect anyone else. lol

Bacon does sound good. I have faith God will provide.

Great name!!! Lol, maybe start a thread on BTS for our esteemed club members to rally to and together we shall rule ATS…. and the World…….

We'll have to decide if we will be benevolent Gods or blood thirsty Gods, and what to do about Lil Kim, the weather, middle east, Springer, etc, etc…. and of course we must not forget Beezzer.

I'll be out of touch tomorrow due to having an appointment for pouring out my wrath and also performing some miracles, you know, business as usual…

But be assured, there are others amongst us who will step forward to join with us in our Supremacy, and yes, we will provide lots of bacon to keep our subjects happy and loyal. All will be well if they obey, but if not……….

edit on 4/5/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

seentoomuch

Well, you had your chance to correct it with communion. But you chose crackers instead.

What can I say? Its supposed to be bread, not wafers and I thought paired with wine it would be a very pleasant way of thanking Christ for visiting and giving the people a way off the wheel.

Btw, just to clue you in since you're Texan, one of His favorite meals is smoked brisket, Texas style of course

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Simple solution... Reset all of the erroneous numbers to ZERO, then make it a contest. First member to reach _____? gets awarded a ______?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

If we keep our lofty status that long, that sounds like a great idea.
For now I'm getting hungry.

There is no bacon in my refrigerator but I have pancakes, waffles, hot dogs, pizza, and beer. My relative down the street has bacon though.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm glad to see an explanation of some kind.
Been wondering what happened and how I got so many stars.

When it first happened I almost started a new account just because I felt glitched...lol
I got over it though.

Will they be fixing this issue?
Or are we stuck with the millions?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I always think of mine as sympathy stars, even though I am on here almost every day I rarely post anything. I figured they just thought, "poor sod" here are a few stars

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join