It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why A Petrodollar Collapse Brings Down Everybody With It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

demus

andr3w68

AnIntellectualRedneck

a collapse of the petrodollar may very well cause huge amounts of American manufacturers to go back to the U.S.

That bit sounds pretty good actually.

I say bring it on. I can live off of the land if need be, and so can you.

It's time for things to change, and if that's what it takes, then so be it.

I think you are minority ("can live off of the land")

If people don't know how to cast a line with a hook and a worm on it into a river... i worry.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

AzureSky

demus

andr3w68

AnIntellectualRedneck

a collapse of the petrodollar may very well cause huge amounts of American manufacturers to go back to the U.S.

That bit sounds pretty good actually.

I say bring it on. I can live off of the land if need be, and so can you.

It's time for things to change, and if that's what it takes, then so be it.

I think you are minority ("can live off of the land")

If people don't know how to cast a line with a hook and a worm on it into a river... i worry.

it is not only about ability to do it, to live off of the land one must have access to the land and in the case of global meltdown many wouldn't have access to it.
some would be in better position both with their knowledge and geographical position but I'm afraid most wouldn't.

that IS a reason to worry and maybe a good reason to learn something new, just in case.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

I suppose the 1 % can pay their security in canned beans and might be able to fly somewhere with it as well .As it stands the many security forces are being paid to feed the wife and kids and they get to visit them at times . That will all change .Oh and the yacht parked at the beach wont do them much good .Don't forget when it crashes people wont be looking for a paying job because any money they get will be worth what? ...Things will change to local survival and cooperation .As far as the 1 % they wont be missed but I would think they would be living in some kind of fear .Things might get a bit dog eat dog around the Castle for them ....peace

ETA ..So you think the Police Dept. that the Tax payers pay for are going to keep footing the bill with beans to have the police arrest them ? I would think that some of the police would take up arms with the rest of the mob to go after them .

edit on 5-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
And what many forget, this was all intentional.

The interdependence of the worlds economy was part of the "blueprint" for peace of post WW2 reconstruction.

Its why we haven't seen another WW just yet, its to costly for everyone.

The Petrodollars strength is in that connectivity, if someone pulls anything to risky the whole is threatened.

The question becomes if the parties involved ever feel that killing it was worth the outcome.

Even during the cold war, the interconnection played the role of keeping it cold, proxy wars instead of global conflicts.

Even now, its the reason I think the collapse of the petrodollar will ultimately be avoided, or at least a soft deflate of it...

The Alternative...

Well, its a culling the likes of which we haven't seen Since the world wars.

ETA:

Whats leads me to add, wouldn't it be something, if Russia and the US, simply decided they where both better off (for what ever internal reasons) under cold war footing...

edit on 5-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The petrodollar collapse is not something to cheer; it's something to fear. That scenario is a true, real, precipitous global meltdown, the likes of which the world has never seen.

Will the collapse be bad? Yes.

Is it a bad thing? No.

Why? Because it will finally cause a global reset and crush the central banks. Those holding gold will prosper, those holding fiat mony will crumble. At this point in time I would accept anything that will break the hold of the Fed, IMF, etc. If we don't free ourselves from those vampires we are doomed to eternal slavery.

If you haven't yet figured out that a global reset and crushing the banks has actually nothing to do with gold, money you never will.

It is a nice dream to believe that the vampires would lose hold, but then again it is clear you cannot identify who these bankers are slaves too.

Eternal slavery indeed, held over a barrel at the SOUL level, into the farthest reaches of imagination.

You will accept ANYTHING ? to break the hold of these organizations who will replace with something even better ? Nice.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

You will accept ANYTHING ? to break the hold of these organizations who will replace with something even better ? Nice.

Yep I would accept anything to break the hold these parasites have over humanity. As long as they go down I'll be happy, even if I go down with them. You don't know what will replace it, neither do I but on the slim chance it could be better it's worth the risk IMO.

As far as the gold goes it's one of the only real assets that's actually maintained value and credibility over the last few millennium. You can do what you like but I'll keep some gold and silver thank you very much. Guns, ammo, tools and individual skills are also a good bet.

If you have a better idea I'd love to hear it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by ParasuvO

Yep I would accept anything to break the hold these parasites have over humanity. As long as they go down I'll be happy, even if I go down with them. You don't know what will replace it, neither do I but on the slim chance it could be better it's worth the risk IMO.

As far as the gold goes it's one of the only real assets that's actually maintained value and credibility over the last few millennium. You can do what you like but I'll keep some gold and silver thank you very much. Guns, ammo, tools and individual skills are also a good bet.

If you have a better idea I'd love to hear it.

I would like to add that in the case of global meltdown having tools, skills and not easily perishable food ingredients would be much more useful than gold.
that also depends on the scale of resulting chaos.
if there is still some kind of system/trade going on then gold would be useful.
if the world is in complete chaos then food, water and access to water, shelter, means of defense and shelter, survival and organizational skills as well as some farming would be more preferred.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Finally somebody speaking sense von the whole issue. China is 100% behond America out of self interest. Russia does not need a meltdown to curb the demand for oil either. The countries that are so Bad oft whom would like to see america go down Iran and nortj Korea among them are not finding strong allies. Tptb have been very smart to Architekt a situation that benefits the powers that can harm them and would bring them down along with them. They realize that to stay on top in the long therm they must use incentives over force and deterrence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join