It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Support Dwindles To Record Low 22%

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

My absolute favorite part of your post is the blatant hypocrisy pointed out in platform five you posted

I really wish you'd have posted anon in this thread because of course the TPer's will come flooding in and telling me I only upvoated you and agree because you are the great and powerful SO

but the fact is you were correct in all five points

Business without oversight is basically (IMO) a bully not having any consequences

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

It doesn’t surprise me that the number of people who claim to be ‘Tea Party’ has dwindled. I think this is a good sign actually. We long ago allowed TTP and its membership to be demonized, marginalized and finally swallowed whole by the GOP machine. Just because few are claiming the TTP name anymore doesn’t mean we’ve gone away. All of us who support the original ideals that brought us together are still alive and well. We’re still working on cleaning out our own party…stay tuned!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

According to a new poll, 75% of adults* poop their pants at least three times a week.
* among nursing home residents 90 years old and older

See what I did there?

You can finesse polls any way you want, sweetheart.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

rickynews
Here is a summary of the Tea party principles and what they stand for:

1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
3. A strong military is essential.
4. Special interests must be eliminated.
5. Gun ownership is sacred.
6. Government must be downsized.
7. The national budget must be balanced.
8. Deficit spending must end.
9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
14. English as our core language is required.
15. Traditional family values are encouraged. - See more at: www.teaparty.org...

So, now you are enlightened as to what the Tea Party is all about.

edit on 7-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

I'm one of these folks who was 100% behind the TEA party when it first came on the scene. I attended at least 6 rallies in Florida and even drove to D.C. for the big one. I've been less and less interested because of what I feel is a strong GOP influence and a push towards injecting socially conservative ideas into the party which is a contradiction to what the movement was all about.

Not one of those listed above are bad things IMO. If anything, I would change #15 slightly as it's perceived as being anti-gay (I would remove the word "Traditional" and replace with "American"). The problem with the TEA Party, as others have pointed out, is that 1) They've allowed themselves to be co-opted by the Neo-Con/RINO wing of the Republican Party and 2) They allowed themselves to be abused by the leftist media.

First, a re-branding effort needs to be made. Drop the name "TEA Party" and make a call for all Americans who believe in this list to get behind a new party called the "American Party" This will be difficult for the media to attack on several levels. They won't have their juvenile "Teabagger" nickname, they will immediately come under fire for attacking anything with the word "America" in it, and notice that it implies all Americans. Take the message solely off of attacking Obama and taxes and emphasize fiscal responsibility and personal accountability. That won't win everyone over but it will certainly open up the party to minority candidates who believe in these things but couldn't stomach the idea of being identified with the TEA Party.

Second, disassociate from the GOP establishment and work at the local level to get American Party candidates directly into races as either Independents or, if 2-party election are only allowed, support them in primaries directly against GOP candidates. This will be difficult in the beginning because of the financial implications but ultimately I think it would succeed in providing an alternative to the authoritarian two-party system you see now. This will scare the GOP to the core and it's a hell of a fight but I do believe you will see a shift in the mostly "progressive" GOP of today to one of a more fiscally conservative and socially liberal party of tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

considering they got the full court press from the MSM and the dems demonizing and misrepresenting them, while at the same time getting stabbed in the back by the gop rovian hit squads, is it any surprise? The IRS illegally targeted TP groups. Have you seen any republicans actually get upset over that? of course not. The establishment hates off the reservation conservatives as much as the dems do.
there will be no grass roots popular political opposition in this country that is not run by either team red or team blue. the same goes for OWS.
the elite will fund what groups they want to thrive. the elites will pick their leaders. and the elites will tell them what policies are acceptable to pursue.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

KyoZero

rickynews
Perhaps its not their fault though...Progressive and Liberal Ideological Brainwashing is probably a very difficult condition to break free from.

I get tired of the Traditional Values BS. Again this is my opinion. Traditional Values to me is just a vuzz-word (phrase) to tall people who are different that they aren't worth as much us traditional folks

again...my opinion

Its very hard to set down to holiday dinner across from some that call themselves a family when they wont even get married in order to keep them eligible for the government dole. Yep she plays the woman with dependent children, gets the medical card for the kids and just a host of other benefits. He plays dad, does have a job, while the government picks of so much of his responsibility on behalf of his "mule" as I call her under my breath. Meanwhile my wife and I pay for everything ourselves. Its hard to look someone like that in the face and consider them "different" in an accepting way or on an equal basis with yourself as a family. And behind this is the grand facilitator the government hand out system. As well its hard to look the government in the face as they and the other "family" mock you in effect for being a member of the traditional dumbass breed that won't sell your soul to join the team.

Oh and don't call the school and complain, even though you are shelling out thousands a year to keep it running, when you son comes home and tells you he is reading a book at school about Jonny and his two "dads". Nope don't you dare pick up that phone you backward ass time warped traditional values hypocrite. Yep, out of fear you and your child will be marked as malcontented and recalcitrant for not drinking down whole the big tall glass of cool aid set before you. This is in the same classroom where the teacher early on in the year laid down the law that the word "god" couldn't be used at any time for any reason.

Yes, the new "Reich" is well underway. Yes government and education working hand in hand on the tax dime to subvert and corrupt, by design, anything with even the slightest and faintest whiff of those bulls*it traditional family values, under the banner of tolerance always, with goodness and fairness in mind for all and looking for that bright and happy day of the lemming.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
There is much (most) that I agree with you in your reply post, although I do not think the Tea Party has been overly influenced by the GOP establishment, rather I think the Tea Party is, and has, influenced the GOP establishment to the point where GOP candidates recognize that going against the Tea Party's principles will not help them win an election.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You may be right in that it is, and will be, very diffacult to change the Red and Blue political dynamics. At the same time, we should never, ever give up what we believe in, as we are a nation of "We the People", and demanding to be heard and being resolute in holding those who run for office accountable is our best way to get results.

edit on 9-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This I can promise you...

The Tea Party will be largely responsible for gaining a majority of GOP candidates Elected into both houses of Congress come November, 2014 - essentially making President Obama a lame-duck president - with two full years left in his term.

The notion of the Tea Party's demise is Greatly Exagerrated.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This can be seen by watching the coverage of the so called Bundy militia.

There is a tiny group of upset people who are complaining about a law that Reagan signed.

And the Tea Party is not what it used to be due to the Koch Brothers being exposes as the primary funders behind the phoney tea party.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join