It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan orders military to strike any new North Korea missile launches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

NK is a sovereign nation. This is all about , "We have the tech and you can't have it."

I acknowledge you POV, I just do not agree with it. Hypocrisy rules the world.

P

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

They are firing them towards an ocean / sea as almost everyone else does.

No, in the past they have fired them over the Japanese mainland. That's the problem. Even if it was only the ocean, there are lots of directions to fire them that do not point towards other countries, but, it's not just over the ocean, they do fire rockets over Japan itself.

Incidentally, just in case someone takes it the wrong way, the 'get stuffed' was directed towards the hypocrisy of the west NOT at any poster!.

If SK was firing test missiles towards the sea of japan we would not be discussing this.

P

Wrong, we would, SK doesn't do that though. Just so we are clear, if Japan or the US fired missiles over or towards NK they also deserve to be shot down, and I would join you in outrage. the problem is your hypocrisy where only the West can do evil, and NK firing missiles over Japan is fine. Explain to me why NK has to fire them in the direction of Japan, other than to start trouble.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Explain to me why NK has to fire them in the direction of Japan, other than to start trouble.

Meaning no insult to you and asking nicely ...... please look at a map and tell me where else NK can fire a long range missile.

Please do this little exercise!

P

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

That was not a missile! That was artillery and both sides are as bad as each other.

Besides, they are both still at was

I would love it if Un got knocked off and the whole of NK became a Chinese protectorate or a Russian one.

But seriously, this whole game is about stopping a country from building weapons while other countries spend trillions.

I am not for anyone, I just am very opposed to the hypocrisy and the main stream sheeple that buy into the BS from both sides.

P

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Japan just like Germany are scary countries when nationalism and fear start taking hold. Yes this is a new age but they are who they are. And given the right push all the walls of peace will crumble away in a heart beat.

They get not enough living space(Lebensraum).
(Place without nuclear contamination)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Your move North Korea... got the balls to shoot a few off?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Why fire a missile/round into the sea in the first place?

What a waste of time and expense.

I'm sure the monetary cost could be better justified feeding the populace and/or investing in infrastructure such as power/water at least. But I understand we're talking NK here where sabre rattling, albeit a missle/round into the sea of Japan, is more important then looking after the local populace.

I'm surprised that the launch/firing has support.

Cheers and beers cool kids,

Bally.

edit on 5-4-2014 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

pheonix358

Explain to me why NK has to fire them in the direction of Japan, other than to start trouble.

Meaning no insult to you and asking nicely ...... please look at a map and tell me where else NK can fire a long range missile.

P

South into the East China sea. Why is that not a valid option?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Nice post..

Sounds like free target practicing for both sides, NK could use Japanese jumpiness aggressions to make more sneaker missiles and for the Japanese side they could use NK stupidities to have better and more sophisticated missile defenses .

Question is… When all these stupidities will end and let the global population take a breath of relief?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

JiggyPotamus
Well the problem as I see it is that Japan would be violating the sovereignty of a foreign nation...even if that nation is a sadistic one, one which the world would be much better without. But a sovereign nation nonetheless. However, I believe it would depend on whether these are North Korean waters, international waters, or foreign waters. If the missiles were in Japanese territory, they could not only shoot them down, but claim aggression on the part of NK. If the missiles are being shot from, and remain in, North Korean territory, then I do not see how Japan can legally shoot them down.

So I think they must be very careful here, depending of course on what I mentioned regarding the territory involved. Because North Korea would very well be within their rights to complain about such an act being perpetrated. They would be on the right side for once, lol. Missile tests are conducted by virtually every major military power, and what if Mexico or Canada decided to shoot down a missile launched from within the US into US waters off the coast? That would not go over very well with the US government I can tell you.

So NK testing missiles is something that cannot be claimed as illegal or immoral or whatever, because they aren't the only ones doing it. I don't think I've ever stood up for NK at any point in the past, but as long as they remain within their territorial limits, they can virtually do anything they want, granted they don't violate international law...But they likely can even go that far, as long as they aren't threatening the sovereignty or safety of surrounding nations.

i'm pretty sure they're violating international law, by having forced labor camps...the U.N. and NATO could invade, on grounds of human rights violations...

additionally, they're STILL holding an actively commissioned U.S.N. vessel captive...the U.S. would be within their rights to forcibly take it back...

point is, nobody cares, and nobody's gonna do anything, unless NK crosses the DMZ, starts killing people, and starts trying to attack other countries...if NK is firing missiles on a trajectory that would cause them to hit the japanese mainland if the auto-destruct fails, then the JMSDF is well within their rights to shoot such missiles down.....NK should not be conducting their missile tests by shooting them at other countries, as it becomes a test of their neighbor's patience, instead of a test of the hardware's capabilities...

honestly though, this is all just show....it's NK trying desperately to be relevant, and convince people that they are a superpower....they're neither..
edit on 5-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I would imagine it is too small and likely too crowded for a safe test.

Thank you for the effort, I think you see the problem. For a long range test required for Ballistic missiles the only choice is to go over Japan and into the North Pacific Ocean, and quite honestly, they would be at such an altitude that they may be out of Japanese 'airspace' and into, I don't know what to call it, "space space."

This is a dog and pony show by the West, they do not want NK testing anything.

Now if everyone stops testing, I am fine with that! But that is a pipe dream. The West may test but Nk can't.

P

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

pheonix358

They are firing them towards an ocean / sea as almost everyone else does.

Incidentally, just in case someone takes it the wrong way, the 'get stuffed' was directed towards the hypocrisy of the west NOT at any poster!.

If SK was firing test missiles towards the sea of japan we would not be discussing this.

P

If SK were test firing into the Sea of Japan then they would have probably asked permission first of all.....

NK just do what they think and Stuff anyone else........

My question - did the NK missiles being tested before 'breach' Japanese airspace / territory..?

If yes then Japan is more than allowed to shoot at these objects.... If not then they should sit and bite their lip.....

PDUK

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by Xcathdra

NK is a sovereign nation. This is all about , "We have the tech and you can't have it."

I acknowledge you POV, I just do not agree with it. Hypocrisy rules the world.

P

Not really... Its the same issue as Iran. At no point has the US ever stated either country is not entitled to a civilian nuclear energy program. The issue centers on nuclear weapons. Sine N. Korea pulled out of the NPT their actions are their own and all the world can do is try to engage them in conversation and try to get them to change their mind.

The problem with N. Korea's mindset (just like Iran's) is they have this issue with threatening their neighbors every other month with complete and total destruction (Iran towards Israel).

Since Iran and N. Korea like to play the idiotic game of "distort what's said", there are a lot of misinformed people who wrongly believe the US is attempting to block North Korea / Iran's civilian nuclear programs when in reality they are not.

North Korea might be in a better position if they don't threaten to rain down Armageddon on South Korea every week. Normally I would group those messages from N. Korea into the who cares box (as I do with Iran's rhetoric) however its not possible since the 2 countries are still at war.

There never was a peace treaty for the Korean war. Both sides currently have a truce, so any provocation / threat from the North, when you take into account the war status, should be taken seriously. Any military action, like missile launches / missile testing, should be closely monitored and any test that places any Asian nation into the probability of accidentally being hit by a North Korean test has every right to defend themselves, even if it means shooting a North Korean missile down.

The situation in north Korea is all their own doing.
edit on 5-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Do you just not want to be wrong, because your logic makes no sense. Shooting missiles over another country is an act of war.

It doesn't matter who is doing the shooting. NK is a sovereign nation, but so is Japan. In this case, NK is wrong....period.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

amkia
Question is… When all these stupidities will end and let the global population take a breath of relief?

When the North Korean people have a government that actually cares about its people instead of just the ruling family. Get rid of the idiotic dynasty in North Korea and you could stabilize the area.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

pheonix358

I would imagine it is too small and likely too crowded for a safe test.

So I give a solution and you don't like it so you make stuff up.

Thank you for the effort, I think you see the problem. For a long range test required for Ballistic missiles the only choice is to go over Japan and into the North Pacific Ocean, and quite honestly, they would be at such an altitude that they may be out of Japanese 'airspace' and into, I don't know what to call it, "space space."

Why is that the only way they can go, do missiles somehow fail if they go south?

This is a dog and pony show by the West, they do not want NK testing anything.

False. There are things they can test, and things they can not. The fact I have given you actual alternatives you scoff at shows your hypocrisy.

Now if everyone stops testing, I am fine with that! But that is a pipe dream. The West may test but Nk can't.

P

Question.

Neighbor A says I want a gun, and then if you don't give me food and money I am going to shoot you.

Neighbor B says I want a gun, but I am only using it in self defense.

Do you think both neighbors should have equal access to a gun?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The next move by NK could be to tell the world of another launch date, as they do, and secretly try to launch a manned mission into orbit, ie, put some poor sod on top of the missile. Great publicity at home, lovely looking ace pilot blown away by the Japanese dogs with the support of the evil US colonialists, that sort of thing.

Russia and China would rush in and send delegates to the state funeral. What a great PR exercise. Un crying at the funeral!

When the AEGIS Destroyer blows it out of the air, NK can legitimately try to blow the Destroyer out of the water for killing an Astronaut, or would that be an Unonaut.

I say try to, because while they have more than enough missiles to easily overwhelm the Destroyers self defense capabilities I am not sure they can actually hit it with any accuracy ...... unless ..... someone else lends them a hand.

It is all part of the two stages, two dog and pony shows. Move and counter move on the world stage.

P

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Never mind. Really, really bad eyes this morning.

The order is to take any missiles that might be fired toward them out of the air. Who wouldn't do that?

edit on 4/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

pheonix358

P

They would be firing over / towards South Korea for starters.

If N. Korea pops off another nuke test I think it will be their undoing with China.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join