It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American politics=stupid in stereo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I want to know why "conservatives" call Obamacare the Devil, but the Medicare alphabet is perfectly acceptable. Thats just stupid. I find it slightly amusing that most seniors dont even realize that their "private" drug plan is really co-opted by Medicare.
edit on 5-4-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: mis-spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by madmac5150

You are very wrong about progressives and conservatives wanting the same things in life.

Think I am nut's? Look how progressive people raise there children compared to conservative minded people if this does not show you the truth nothing will.

I do like your idea in principle OP but you are wrong.

I think the problem lies in the *Politicians* definitions and implementations of "Liberal-Conservative".

The average person has different ways of "Living" rather than "defining".

As far as I'm concerned, anything that displays large collectivism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, tyranny etc. etc. is all Left of center.

Conservatives want less government interferences at all levels especially Federal.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As I often do I agree with you. Many peoples view of the political spectrum is flat out wrong. The political spectrum is rooted in control the lack of control or laws is anarchy complete control or more laws is an Oligarchy. This is what we are currently living under.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
I want to know why "conservatives" call Obamacare the Devil, but the Medicare alphabet is perfectly acceptable. Thats just stupid. I find it slightly amusing that most seniors dont even realize that their "private" drug plan is really co-opted by Medicare.

Medicare is a completely different system than Obama.Care.

Two different donkeys.

The cost percentages per person are not the same.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Same principle: socialized medicine. Obamacare would have no foundation had Bush not expanded Medicare. Both systems are illegal and put the patient's interests last.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

Same principle: socialized medicine. Obamacare would have no foundation had Bush not expanded Medicare. Both systems are illegal and put the patient's interests last.

What do you mean by illegal? I actually agree with you but are interested in why you believe this.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

SubTruth

As I often do I agree with you. Many peoples view of the political spectrum is flat out wrong. The political spectrum is rooted in control the lack of control or laws is anarchy complete control or more laws is an Oligarchy. This is what we are currently living under.

Very true.

But many people "live" a certain individual way, and hold or support a different political view.

Many people are "Democrats" and "Republicans" but avoid as much government control as possible in the exact same manor.

Or, they "both" take advantage in the same manor.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

True.

I tend to agree.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

How I really judge someone is how they live there life and raise there kids. My Mom is very conservative in life but considers herself a progressive liberal. In reality she is a conservative.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Illegal in the sense that the government never had authority to mingle with the 3rd party payor system. Personally, I find the 3rd party system to be a scam in the first place. All it does is inflate the medical and pharmacy costs. What ever happened to supply and demand? We replaced it with greedy middle men and the govt just compounds the problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

Illegal in the sense that the government never had authority to mingle with the 3rd party payor system. Personally, I find the 3rd party system to be a scam in the first place. All it does is inflate the medical and pharmacy costs. What ever happened to supply and demand? We replaced it with greedy middle men and the govt just compounds the problem.

I really like you.............You are 100% correct and I feel exactly the same way. This program is rooted in the progressive ideal the is doomed to fall apart. Just look at the past.

And yes it is illegal and our founding fathers would be ashamed.
edit on 5-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I see the damage first hand on a daily basis. Third party billing is part of my trade. Instead of just coming out and saying "not covered", Medicare makes the patient go through "clinically reviewed Prior Authorizations". The paper work jams up pharmacies, medical practices, hospitals, rehab clinics, you name it..Patients are hospitalized due to gaps in treatments caused by Uncle Sam's 3rd party system. The death pannels are already here. Its called Medicare, Medicaid, Affordable Healthcare. Its driving up drug prices and putting manufacturers out of business.

In less than 5 years, I estimate that those dependent on anti-diabetic drugs,anti-hypertensives, and immunosuppresants will be the first to struggle for survival.

We are already at the point of no return.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

First I offer you thanks for the OP.

It is hard when you realize something that you have believed such as a political parties ideology is a fraud. The Republican party claims to be conservative and the Democrats claim to be liberals, but both parties are actually corporate, and there lies the real problem. No both parties are not the same but both serve the rich rather than the people. This means as long as the people look to one party or the other for a solution to fix our problems it is never going to happen!

The two party system has made for a divided america and if you look at it critically we are The Divided States of America, simply put Red and Blue states.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

xuenchen

BELIEVERpriest

Medicare is a completely different system than Obama.Care.

Two different donkeys.

The cost percentages per person are not the same.

All health systems are similar here in the states, but you are correct about Medicare, it is cheaper to administer than private insurance because the profit model is built into the cost of contract the government negotiates with the third party administrator.

This is why I am for opt in universal coverage, the private market can stay and the public option will keep them honest or they will loose customers to the public option.
edit on 5-4-2014 by spurgeonatorsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

That is an interesting statement that doesn't make sense to me. I think to add to OP, people who base their opinions based upon emotion are not helping the political system either. What does substance or truth matter if you can just yell fire and get millions to run around like headless chickens?

How does Obamacare and Medicare put patients interests last??? You said it, so let us see what you base your baseless comment on.

You see, in my opinion for profit health systems put the patient last because they are in it to profit, and in order to profit the patients and doctors get the short end of the stick which is done contractually.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

Medicare has been administered by third parties for decades now.

I agree about middle men

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

I already gave examples of how medicare and Obamacare are screwing people: Prior Authorizations, constant Formulary Revisions to suite the needs of the 3rd party, Donut Hole coverage gaps, Non-stop beurocratic documentations, diagnosis codes.

Half of the time, Medicare D doesnt even cover your drugs, instead, they internally bill discount programs that shave a small percentage off of the out-of-pocket expense.

Its a damn scam.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

SubTruth

BELIEVERpriest

I often wonder what would happen if by some miracle, all Americans just decided to unanimously stop voting.

Are votes have not mattered for a long time now.........Carter=Reagan=Bush=Clinton=Bush Jr.=Obama=the next progressive.

This is true, but the votes of the decieved act as a cover for the despotism in our Govt. If everyone stopped voting, the Govt would'nt be able to use the "it's the will of the people" excuse. Im sure they would cook up some lame "polling" system, but it wouldnt stick.

Is that the only means we have to vote with confidence? By not voting, it shows who we have/don't have confidence in?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

loveguy

BELIEVERpriest

SubTruth

BELIEVERpriest

I often wonder what would happen if by some miracle, all Americans just decided to unanimously stop voting.

Are votes have not mattered for a long time now.........Carter=Reagan=Bush=Clinton=Bush Jr.=Obama=the next progressive.

This is true, but the votes of the decieved act as a cover for the despotism in our Govt. If everyone stopped voting, the Govt would'nt be able to use the "it's the will of the people" excuse. Im sure they would cook up some lame "polling" system, but it wouldnt stick.

Is that the only means we have to vote with confidence? By not voting, it shows who we have/don't have confidence in?

I do believe that is the best we can hope for. When all the candidates are bought out by the bankers, who can compete? Its just a coke/pepsi challange at this point.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
As someone who flip flopped on political ideologies, it took sometime (and yes, ATS)

To make me see, I was a fish, flip flopping on the same frying pan.

Now I am an Independent, with the fear outside the pan is just fire.

Until more people see the fallacy of the Two parties us independents watching the circus play out can only just shake our heads at all those supporting their sports team.

Sadly its only in sports and politics you can have DIE hard fans for teams that have historically only failed, and only seem to be on the course for more failure.

Go team...
edit on 5-4-2014 by benrl because: meh

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join