It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dot in the sky! WOW!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am SOOOOOOOO sick of these stupid UFO threads and videos with "REAL PROOF BEST FOOTAGE EVER!!!!"

Then, viola! Another video of lights or dots in the sky.... wooooohoooo......

I actually have seen and believe in UFOs, I have seen them close enough to KNOW it is real.

Every time someone posts one of these threads I am hoping to see one day the UFO that I saw..... I am hoping a skeptic can somehow debunk it for me, or that at least someone will finally understand what I am talking about.

These threads with either a pitch black sky and lights zooming around, or a blue sky with black dots zooming around are NOT "the best footage ever!"

Unless there is something NEW and DIFFERENT, and actually VISIBLE, then I wish people would just add to the other blinking lights or dark dot threads instead of this never ending hype of new pointless threads!!!

Rant over....

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

"Ohh, look at those dots...

Black as the ace of spades...

Oh well, there goes the neighbourhood!"

(This misquotation was finely crafed from a faulty memory of the Monty Python team's comedy).

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You haven't been here long enough to be sick of dots in the sky yet.

Get back to us in about 2 years....

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I think folks believe or want to believe so badly that they will cling to anything. Some folks may be newer to the alien "thing", and feel like sharing things they have not yet learned are often created hoaxes. In their excitement in seeing these videos for the first time... they just really want to share their amazement with someone else. Do you remember when it was all new and fresh with you?

Most of us here have been "married" to the idea of aliens for so long that the shine has worn off unless it is absolutely spectacular. The newer folks are like "newlyweds". They are just crazy excited about everything they see. The dopamine flows at every CGI youtube video they click on... they NEED for others to see it the way they do at that very moment. Give them enough time and they will settle into "married" life soon enough like we all did.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's why I quit going in the UFO forum.
These Sky-Dot videos do nothing to further the possibility if aliens are visiting earth.

I rather wish they would stop headlining them as "best proof you will ever see". It never is!

edit on 4-4-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that this is the handiwork of TPTB that are working deep within people to make the whole "UFO movement" lack credibility. To the ones who automatically want to post this or that video, don't trust your own actions.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Nice rant, hidingthistime!

For what it's worth, I got a little giddy today when "Mianey" debunked a "UFO" that was captured in Jackson County, MS. (ATS Source: Cumbest Bluff)

I get more excited when science prevails. Of course, I realize most low information voters get more excitement from something that can't be explained.

It's not that I want to prove UFOs as false, I just want incontrovertible (yeah, that required spell-check) proof.

Alas....

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I think I understand the point that you're trying to make, and if so, I can even sympathize with the sentiment you're intending to convey. When one anticipated a particular kind of footage yet finds the footage to be of a certain kind that one has already seen plenty enough, one may become frustrated.

At the same time one could understand how some would take offense. Both you and I are new members. If, like me, you've been visiting and reading threads here for years but only recently took the initiative to join the lower ranks of a greater critical thinker community, then, also like me, you aren't yet credible enough to criticize the threads.

Both perspectives, if I'm hitting the nail here, are understandable.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I'm pretty sure that this is the handiwork of TPTB that are working deep within people to make the whole "UFO movement" lack credibility. To the ones who automatically want to post this or that video, don't trust your own actions.

You don't need some high level shadowy organization to muddy the waters in this area. the fanatics whom see the subject of UFOs as some sort of alternative alien religion do a good enough job on their own.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I joined this site specifically for the ufo threads....and I find I barely go to them any more. It is probably the most popular forum on here which is good because it shows how interested we are in ufos but I cant help feel there is some kind of popularity contest to get hits on something they saw.

I look in the sky almost every night for some period of time and in my entire life ive only seen one thing that ever made me say wow..yet somehow there are people recording something several times a month on youtube and it gets sent here....and its all dots...or meteors....etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

chr0naut

"Ohh, look at those dots...

Black as the ace of spades...

Oh well, there goes the neighbourhood!"

(This misquotation was finely crafed from a faulty memory of the Monty Python team's comedy).

how has nobody else starred this!

Anyway to OP...you get used to it here. There are some darn good conspiracies but then there are plenty more where there really is nothing concrete there but then everyone backs it up

-shrug-

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think that it's a brainwashing of the public on a mass and consistent level. I think that the PTB have molded the archetype of the nutty alien guy, and weak-minded people just run with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I think that it's a brainwashing of the public on a mass and consistent level. I think that the PTB have molded the archetype of the nutty alien guy, and weak-minded people just run with it.

Who needs a wolf..the sheep eat each other. heh

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

True. I also don't believe that the darkness I'm talking about originates with this world. I think that that darkness is now a part of the fabric of this universe. But that's a whole 'nother story.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

As an avid skywatcher/ISS watcher/satellite watcher, I feel your pain; that's why I use sites like heavens-above, so that I can know what conventional and tracked "dots in the sky" are out there.

That said, I don't think the problem is with those that post such videos, but with the grandiose claims. Agree, a point of light is never going to be "proof" or "the best ever!!!!". It IS, however a UFO.......... ummm....... unless one uses the link above to identify the point of light, and then it becomes an IFO.

I too, have seen things that I could not explain. That's why I watch the sky, and keep my camera battery charged, always carry my camera with me wherever I go, and practice video of moving objects -- just want to be ready if the real deal ever presents itself.

new topics

top topics

join