It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago’s newly armed residents send murder rate plummeting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

Indeed you are correct. Conceal Carry doesn't resolve the overall issues. There are many factors in play. Conceal Carry is just one of the factors. It will be interesting to see the stats later this year and next year for Chicago once CC is in full swing in Illinois.

It's an economic thing in some aspects and in some cities it's the totality. Very few cities can be compared to one another. Each is different overall factor wise. Most have certain issues in common stats wise.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for sharing those with everyone

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

ezwip
They might have gone down in Chicago but they doubled in Indianapolis and you can carry open or concealed here.

chicago.cbslocal.com...

Bad indeed.

Maybe some of the Chicago petty criminals have "re-located".

Time will tell.

Is there a lot of gangs there?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Not the UK. Also, and the rest of the world IS NOT doing fine without guns. Where do you live in Iceland or something? Read any newspapers lately there?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Maybe some of the Chicago petty criminals have "re-located".
Why move to Indianopolis? Cook county (where Chicago is) has the lowest per capital application rate. Your odds of meeting someone with a legal weapon (after they get their permit, that is) are higher elsewhere.

The Journal Star reports Hardin and White counties have the highest per capita number of concealed carry applications - 12.5 applications per 1,000 residents, compared to Cook County with 2.3 per 1,000 residents, the least number of applications per capita statewide.
www.myfoxchicago.com...

edit on 4/5/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by Grimpachi

swiss law you have to own a GUN....really ? where did u hear that.?...i ask simply because my brother lives in Switzerland and has done for the last 25 years and this would be the first i have heard of this....unless it is a new law...last time i visited was around 4 years ago,but i am in regular contact so i would be surprised as to why it has never came up in a conversation

ok wikipedia only military take weapons home

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-4-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

I was told that by a gentleman I used to work with who was born and raised in Switzerland. He believed it was an excellent idea. I agree.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Summer is comming, let's hope for chicago residents it's not going to be a hot one....

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

in 1939-1943 all you europeans were begging us
Americans to send our private firearms over
to you so you could use them to stop government
aggression. You will be needing the guns and us
again soon over the muslims, so shut up your
mouth and keep your opinions over there.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
criminals will travel to a "gun free zone" that is a city or
state without free exercise of second amendment.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Seems like the weather did have more to do with it than permits

So would that make you a supporter of the idea that climate change reduces gun violence?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

What you said is a mouth full of bull puckey.
To put it nicely, in a politically correct fashion.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I came here to say that the unusually cold and snowy weather is a huge factor in this data snapshot, but it looks like someone already brought this point to the table. Not to discount the effect of CC, but there is more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

whywhynot
reply to post by Phage

Seems like the weather did have more to do with it than permits

So would that make you a supporter of the idea that climate change reduces gun violence?

Well with this supposed global warming going on I'd say we're in for a world of s#.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Illuminawty

Funny how these progs don't indicate origin on their icon panel...like they are hiding or scared to tell who they really are.
THAT is living in fear to me. We get to hear them insult us by telling us who we are and what we can learn from them and blah,blah,blah.
WE ,THE UNITED STATES,AMERICANS, CONUS, are the imagination capital on the earth,we have NEVER served a tyrant( The liars are bad enough) most innovation ..OURS most powerful weapons,OURS,most effective soldiers per individual...OK the Brits AND Canada are badasses too,we just have more. OUR imagination and the freedom to use it will trump ANY post-caste society on the friggin planet.
Eastern armies are hostages and dead the moment we see them on the battlefield,we find them by going out to get them to shoot at us...as usual(No doubt because of some presidential decree or a prima donna general again as usual).They surround us THEY die at greater than 10 to 1 odds,any time ALL the time.Their elite forces are about as good as our regulars.
We (Western forces)also have a secret weapon,marksmanship,we don't rush forward with autofire from the hip.
And we TRY to get everyone home because it's a family, not hostages of a fear mongering communist mentality or a maniac.

We will keep our guns because we are required to be what we are: COWBOY ,LEADERSHIP. That is who you WANT after you are over run by an eastern communist horde.
A real cowboy isn't a MOVIE cowboy..accept to those who define us by our films(idiots)

I must also say the truth OUR warriors are MONSTERS who have a taste for enemy meat,cold and calculating beyond all others on earth as we are tasked NOT to lose so we don't we just go cold and hard...VERY WELL thank you. I saw recent film about Russians in Afghanistan,if THAT is accurate Russians would have lost if the cold war went hot.
Don't like THOSE values? Stop wars and I wouldn't exist.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

Whatever floats your boat. I am not PC about anything. Disagree if you like but I know what I know. You do you and I will do me.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

I did not say you were PC.
I said you were full of b**l S**T and qualified that I told you nicely in a PC fashion.

Explain this to me please: "t's an economic thing in some aspects and in some cities it's the totality.
Very few cities can be compared to one another. Each is different overall factor wise.
Most have certain issues in common stats wise. "

Here are the factors:
1. bad guys with guns
2. good guys with guns
3. more good guys with guns = less crime.
SAVVY???? KAPISH????

the rest is inter-cranial intellectual incest.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
These threads crack me up....................

We keep arguing for guns or not................yet when taken into account of how many deaths are caused by road vehicles against the deaths caused by fire arms.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

panicman66
These threads crack me up....................

We keep arguing for guns or not................yet when taken into account of how many deaths are caused by road vehicles against the deaths caused by fire arms.

Or hammers, the scourge of the western world. Why do we still have them anyway? It's not like anyone works anymore.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

xavi1000

RedmoonMWC

Good find.
Now to educate the rest of the world.

Rest of the world is doing just fine without guns

Let me tell you, when Australian citizens lost the right to bare guns "unless your in a gun club & register the weapon you can with strict conditions own a gun & of course have no criminal record of any sort", murders, theft & crime sky rocketed. See the problem is this, criminals can always get guns no matter how illegal they get where as citizens who abide by the laws to avoid being prosecuted don't have guns so this gives criminals the upper hand. Not a good thing.

edit on 6-4-2014 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The Murder/shooting rate here in Chicago being lower has little to nothing to do with the concealed carry license here. The figures are lower because we just went through one of the worst winters in a very long time. Please come back and post this thread around June/July when the summer is kicking off, because the murders/shootings will be skyrocketing... I find it odd that so many people jumped on the OP's post believing that the CC had anything to do with it... Most all murders/shootings happen on the south/west sides of the city. Areas that are heavily ran by gang activity, think Compton back in the late 80's/early 90's. Most of the crimes we see here are gang on gang crimes or gang on gang w/ collateral damage, meaning a stray bullet misses the target hitting some innocent bystander... In these poor, gang infested areas you aren't seeing people walking the streets with CC making the criminals think twice about committing crimes. The people with the CC are in the better areas for sure... As a Chicago resident for my whole life I understand how the cities crime works, and I know the areas to avoid and the areas that are relatively safe to walk around. Of course crime occasionally spills over from the rough neighborhoods to the good ones, think Humboldt Park (which is pretty dangerous) is right next to Wicker Park (which is where a lot of successful young professionals live), yes crime sometimes spills over but it's not extremely common. If I'm in the Austin neighborhood or Englewood I have to prepare my mind that I'm likely going to see the wild stuff, so it's best to look straight and keep to yourself...

I wish CC was the reason for the drop in murders, but any Chicago resident knows that the figures are lower due to weather and only weather. Just wait for it to warm up and you will soon see how bad the city still is...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join