It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Chicago’s newly armed residents send murder rate plummeting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:21 AM
reply to post by Grimpachi

The list you give is just BS, most of the contrys in the Africa Continent have no control or way of counting who is been killed outside the big citys, where as in Europe its more precise. So you are just choosing results things to suit your own point of view. I would also ask if everyone has guns how does this help, I have a .22, but he has a .38, so I have to get a .45, but he has hollow point bullets so I have to get one shot one kill bullets. It never stops, and we end up with a wild west with people shooting people from behind to rob them, or shooting them from passing cars to rob them, it can only get worse.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:29 AM
Kinda funny that this is happening in a supposedly liberal or left-leaning state, huh?

Also keep in mind that it's not going to be idiots (or at least it shouldn't be) that get the concealed carry in Illinois. From what I've heard it's fairly strict in terms of states that have one. State approved classes are required, and if some local official doesn't like you for whatever reason you can still be denied the permit. So people with a known reckless history aren't going to be getting it. However I wouldn't be too surprised if it's the nice easy-going Indian guy that runs a gas station and doesn't seem like the big 2nd Amendment "gun toting type" who actually ends up getting the concealed carry. At least he has a fairly good reason to have one.

I'd still wait until summer though to see what kind of impact the new law has on gun crime stats. Most gun crime in this state is gang related, and their guns aren't legal anyways. If it's not the gang-bangers shooting at each other, it's the gang-bangers shooting at people they think to be related to other gang-bangers in some way. The crappy winter weather has kept a lot of people off the street. Concealed carry wont affect that much, but the domestic dispute and petty crime related gun violence should go down.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:35 AM
reply to post by Grimpachi

swiss law you have to own a GUN....really ? where did u hear that.?...i ask simply because my brother lives in Switzerland and has done for the last 25 years and this would be the first i have heard of this....unless it is a new law...last time i visited was around 4 years ago,but i am in regular contact so i would be surprised as to why it has never came up in a conversation

ok wikipedia only military take weapons home
edit on 5-4-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:11 AM
The weather probably had a lot to do with it. Wait till summer rolls around. Then study the figures.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:21 AM
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

pope's private army.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:35 AM

reply to post by xuenchen

Star and Flag OP
Good find.
Now to educate the rest of the world.

Crime rates in Europe are going down from a rate that is already lower than the US and we don't have or ever had a guns like the US........

Now to educate the US

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:38 AM

reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

pope's private army.

ah yes the three musketeers

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:00 AM

Am I reading the stats wrong? It looks like the crime had its biggest plummet in 2013 and this decision was made in 2014...

What am I missing?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:05 AM
Every time a gun thread comes up I think to myself how many Euro's, and others foreign alien folk, have no clue what the U.S. has going on within it's borders.

Ain't no comparison between Euroland and US of A.

Ain't no way I'll be unarmed in these lawless times.

Millions of illegals, drugs running rampant, gangs of every color, a murderous government, mass shootings by crazed loonies, knifin's, stabbin's, robbin's, jack booted police, roving bands of blacks, crazy right wing christian religious fanatics, skinheads, irish, greeks, muslims, nazis, medicated psychos every where you turn, all of 'em potentially armed, legal or not, gun smugglin', liquor, weed, crackheads, meth freaks, good lord, you'd be a fool to walk around unarmed.

Facts on the ground in Chicago are proven over and over in the US of A, only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is when a good guy with a gun shows up.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:06 AM
Gun's are for a safegaurd of your liberties in the US? I've spent my whole life watching from afar as the US loses liberties day after day. Gun's are not an answer, hell they are not even an excuse to defend liberty? I'd fully support your rights to the if they were used for that purpose, but it's nothing but a sad 'todger' swinging exercise to see who feels like the biggest man. I just don't get it. I lived in the deep south and I found the crack of guns had me on a knifes edge. I heard southerners boast and moan about this and that problem with America, but it's not about the liberty of the nation any more. It's a mental power trip you are all raised on, from parent to child.
There are ruling criminals pushing and pulling at the US citizens every day, a populace on strings afraid, terrified and yet stunned into believing that the metal they hold in their pockets gives them freedoms. A world in which people can't be born and be free is such a sad thought. That it needs to even be written down is a souring thought to me.

It's over. The days of banding together as one and marching up to the White House packing steel and ridding the filth away is a by-gone chance of a by-gone era.

What happened America? You used to be cool. The needing of guns for liberty argument to me looking in from outside seems nothing more than a self-liberty pacifier for adults to ease themselves to sleep. While instead of dreaming of overcoming the civil issues, protecting themselves from the desperate ones born into the rotten corpse of society from a failure to act before it was too late is they nightmare fuel keeping 'Betsy' in the night-drawer beside them.

Thoughts like these make me depressed for months on end.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:17 AM
reply to post by smokenmirrors

The undercurrent of rampant crime has you in fear and need of a gun. The nation is too far gone, your police have zero respect for solving crime. People used their guns to point at the t.v. and yell about crooked cops. You guys should have done something. Don't think. Do. Stuff the bloody guns, you don't need them. The society needs to be sorted and gotten back in order. Everything needs to be started again, you've all seen what's happened surely? You all need a reset button. A simpler small government, with 2 year limits per person who serves the nation, not a company. Wealth distribution should have been sensible, greedy filthy incomes should be capped at say 10 million, the rest to create the American dream so kids get an education, and jobs exist for them because people have respect for their nation and the knowledge of what happens when you decide to buy the Chinese tv because its twice the size at half the price. I really feel for you man, I wish to god you didn't need to walk amongst the crime your fore-bearers ignored. As I say above though, I think it's way too far late, too rotten.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:39 AM

I don't think this is to Obama's --->>>> credit !!!

I agree...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:52 AM
Of course this works. I lived in Kennesaw for 10 years where they passed the law that every home mush have a gun and publicized it. So I know it works and it works well.

I also don't think that many would argue that this doesn't work, but that's really not what all the social unrest is about.

Let me ask you all a hypothetical. So we arm every American from age 12 on up. What happens next? You think there will be no murders and magical peace?

I don't. I just think those with evil in their hearts and crime on their minds will just get more and bigger weapons and then so will we, and it will go on and on. But hey, the gun and ammo manufacturers, illegal and not, will be mighty happy.

Being armed is a stop-gap, self-defense measure that addresses none of the real causes of your fears and provides no real solution. And in addition, it even serves to escalate the very things you fear. That there are people who see this who are met with only anger and rabidity by the protect-our-guns-at-any-cost side just stops all discussion cold. .

.... realize that more guns = less crime.

This is a mind trick.

The more guns = less crime only works where there is an issue with a lot of guns in the wrong hands to begin with.

It also true that less (or no) guns = less crime. However, the U.S. seems to be past that point because there are so many guns and so many who are fanatic about their guns. Therefore, the only way to get the playing field leveled is with more guns.

To imply or infer that more guns = less crime without examining the bigger picture might be slightly intellectually dishonest.
edit on 4/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:18 AM
Seriously real crime is perpetrated by the elite without guns. Carry a gun crime goes down. This is purview by lesson of history! Carry a bigger stick and you are determined to defend yourself at all cost. Get real people grow a stick!!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:21 AM
You all that believe in self defense at all cost stop playing with sugar. Man up. Some and maybe even I will die for a Justice.
edit on 5-4-2014 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:27 AM
Hey folks - I'm not sure any of you actually watched the interview with the Chicago police superintendent. He specifically states that the new conceal carry law is not helping and that they've actually arrested at least one person with a CCW for threatening someone with a legally owned firearm. He also claims the law is enable the illegal transfer of firearms, though he does not mention and facts to back that up.

Also, he says the decrease in crime is trend going back a year and a half, which is well before Ill passed their conceal carry law (July 9, 2013), and even more so from the date that state police began accepting applications (January 5, 2014). In fact, the state police didn't start issuing licenses until the end of February 2014.

You can find the interview here:

I wish there was a correlation, but it appears there is not.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:36 AM
reply to post by Xtrozero

while i agree the unarmed world like say palistein is not doing so well against oppression by heavily armed totalitarians
i just though id through a monkey wrench of fact into the rest of your post

BTW when Russia steamrolls Europe like Germany did, I would bet they wished they had guns.... Oh I forgot, that could never happen bad. -

New Ukraine Government to Citizens – Turn in Your Guns by Friday

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:39 AM
reply to post by Gastrok

very good observation
star for that

I was going to hinge it on the OPs phrase "Kill for a nickel"
the murder rate droped because of the lack of nickels to kill for in Chicago
which is due to obama's

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:41 AM

When we look at WWII, Germany basically rolled across Europe and you are suggesting that could never happen again.

Taken entirely out of context. The Reich had far superior weapons and machinery along with highly indoctrinated superbly trained solders using the element of surprise and a brilliant propaganda saturation.

Every single Frenchman could have been carrying an assault rifle and it would not even slowed the Wehrmacht down.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:42 AM

Good find.
Now to educate the rest of the world.

Rest of the world is doing just fine without guns

Take a look at South Africa.
London (England, that's in the UK)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>