It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago’s newly armed residents send murder rate plummeting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+96 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Chicago's murder rate has dropped like a lead balloon since Illinois passed a concealed carry law !!!

Despite murmurings from opposing groups, the Chicago Police have confirmed murders have in fact gone down.

And better yet, shootings have gone way down too

Hmmm.

Big news from the city that kills for a nickel !!!!

And Illinois has a good rigid training program for CCW.

Murders in the Windy City have plummeted since the Illinois legislature enacted its concealed weapon carry law, and the state Supreme Court upheld a person’s right to carry firearms outside the home.

The Chicago Police Department posted the city’s 2014 first quarter crime figures Tuesday, indicating the lowest number of homicides since 1958, according to local ABC affiliate Eyewitness 7 News, which reported:

The first three months of the year saw 6 fewer murders than the same time frame in 2013–a 9 percent drop–and 55 fewer murders than 2012, according to a statement from Chicago Police.

Chicago’s newly armed residents send murder rate plummeting

Note:
I don't think this is to Obama's --->>>> credit !!!

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Star and Flag OP
Good find.
Now to educate the rest of the world.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

RedmoonMWC

Good find.

Rest of the world is doing just fine without guns

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hmmm, will this lead to gubment makeing life difficult in that area (less money), and hence, cause crime to increase?

+85 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

xavi1000

And when you say the rest what do you mean? China, North Korea, how about the Middle East, Africa, or South America?

Please define "the rest"

BTW when Russia steamrolls Europe like Germany did, I would bet they wished they had guns.... Oh I forgot, that could never happen today...my bad.

edit on 4-4-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I dont mean to argue, member above stated that US or he need to educate rest of the World about guns.I'm in Europe (part of the rest of the World) and we dont need guns and we are doing fine.
edit on 4-4-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
While it is good news that these citizens can finally exercise their 2nd amendment rights, the article is a bit misleading.
The first concealed carry permits were issued in late February, so the decrease in crime can’t yet be attributed to more people carrying guns. I'm sure in time, we will have a better record of how this pans out.
www.theblaze.com...

+36 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If Obama (or Rahm or Bloomberg or Biden or Reid or Feinstein) had their way there wouldn't be an armed citizen left in the US. Good for Chicago and let's keep spreading the good word.

ANYONE---->>> else notice a marked pickup in the pro leftist and Obama propaganda around here lately? I can feel their fear.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Not really, especially with the mass immigration going on over there (Europe)

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Hopefully, one of these days, the people who fear guns will get it through their Homer Cushion, and realize that more guns = less crime. I know, at first blush, it might seem counter-intuitive, but then the brain realizes that PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO GET SHOT! ...and it makes perfect sense.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

xavi1000

RedmoonMWC

Good find.

It is simply a delusion to think your way. Let me explain: Countries that have no civilian guns still have murder rates and people still get killed. If one of those victims was in fact one of your beloved family members, and they could have survived if someone nearby had a gun, they could have shot that murderer.

Or would you still forgo the guns and just say: The heck with my family member, it is too bad, but I want to keep embracing a no guns policy because I don't wish to protect anyone including my family from people with other weapons, ore even a gun.

Come on, get real!

Canada has handgun bans in BC, I'm not sure about everywhere, but in Vancouver BC, if you get caught with a handgun you are going to be spending a few nights In jail, (pretty sure, not totally sure)

And guess what? In spite of those gun bans there, people, (especially criminals) have guns, and hand guns and they kill people with them all the damn time.. So much for a gun ban there right?
Gangs in Vancouver are really brutal with guns and they are used in a lot of gang killings.
The thing is, you never know for sure where some a-hole with a gun that also wants to shoot some people will end up. They might be right outside your house arguing with someone. And this is like a proximity mine just waiting to happen when the wrong person walks by..

My little daughter goes to a school where the administrators for the district have decided to allow political stupidity and correctness (same thing), to rule their minds and replace common sense for an idealist dream where no body has a gun. No one except for people that shoot up schools.

They have signs on the school building that say "gun free zone" Isn't that nice for schools? When I go to her school, I have the means to deal with that possibility, and no law can tell me ever, that I can not defend myself and the life of my little girl.
It isn't lawful for anyone to say in effect

"when you go in a school you will be unarmed so that some crazy person can kill you easily and without fear of getting shot themselves".. Nope, I won't play ball with this kind of class A and triple grade A stupidity! Remember: Ignorance is just when people don't know. Stupidity is when you don't know, and you don't care either..

See how dangerous that is?

I sure would love to hear what Obama tries to spin this as..

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
getting back to the topic at hand....

chicago realizing less shootings/gun-related deaths since Illinois's instantiating concealed carry laws ..... would seem a good thing. ~!?

to compare the same to any other locale, nation or populace would seem foolish, as the number of variables alone dictate varied outcomes and the like for all and throughout.

??!!!

other states.
other countries
europian nations
etc

make no matter nor difference, either way.

In Chicago 2014, apparently, the mere fact that Now a given individual may be carrying a weapon has lowered those numbers speaks for itself.!?

forget 'more guns' and look at it this way ..... through the eyes of 'potential criminals'.

more likelihood of potentially-fatal retaliation == less 'criminal' confrontations and/or circumstances leading to 'deaths'/homicides/etc.

good on illinois!!! ... for once.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

mugger
While it is good news that these citizens can finally exercise their 2nd amendment rights, the article is a bit misleading.
The first concealed carry permits were issued in late February, so the decrease in crime can’t yet be attributed to more people carrying guns. I'm sure in time, we will have a better record of how this pans out.
www.theblaze.com...

It was the mass fear and panic by the petty criminals.

They're dumb, but they knew what was going to happen, and they were also scared some people might take things into their own hands ahead of time.

I know this. I live here.

And a very good friend of mine is a Chicago Cop.

The police saw a difference right away.

And of course, many criminals didn't actually know when the CCW law was going into effect.

Rumors were all around that it was immediate.

Like I said, the petty criminals aren't that smart. They don't pay attention to laws anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
While I'm a great supporter of the 2nd amendment and an armed citizenry being able to protect itself, I really can't, in good conscience, agree that the drop in the murder rate in Chicago in the first quarter is due to CCW permits being finally given out. More likely, it's got more to do with the horrible weather than anything else. Let's see the statistics after a year. I know what the outcome will be. Lower crime rate. This bit of information, though, seems a bit thin to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

That makes more sense then. I read 3 or 4 articles on this from different sources. With your first hand knowledge, it makes the case clearer. Good to see these people can defend themselves!

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
But I thought it was going to be like the wild west with blood in the streets and mass graves.
Guess allowing people a little protection goes a long way! Now that the playing field is level, would be thugs, thieves, and muggers have to ask themselves if the crime they are about to commit is worth their life. I am sure some will take the gamble, but others are obviously rethinking their career choice.
edit on 4/4/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

SpaDe_
But I thought it was going to be like the wild west with blood in the streets and mass graves.
Guess allowing people a little protection goes a long way! Now that the playing field is level, would be thugs, thieves, and muggers have to ask themselves if the crime they are about to commit is worth their life. I am sure some will take the gamble, but others are obviously rethinking their career choice.
edit on 4/4/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

And That would be the point of armed citizens, in addition to the Governments maybe rethinking how they treat their citizens.

Flag for you!

+34 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

xavi1000

RedmoonMWC

Good find.

Really??? Lets see how that is working out.

WORLD MURDER STATISTICS

From the World Health Organization

The latest Murder Statistics for the world:

Murders per 100,000 citizens per year.

Honduras 91.6 (WOW!!)

El Salvador 69.2

Cote d'lvoire 56.9

Jamaica 52.2

Venezuela 45.1

Belize 41.4

US Virgin Islands 39.2

Guatemala 38.5

Saint Kitts and Nevis 38.2

Zambia 38.0

Uganda 36.3

Malawi 36.0

Lesotho 35.2

Trinidad and Tobago 35.2

Colombia 33.4

South Africa 31.8

Congo 30.8

Central African Republic 29.3

Bahamas 27.4

Puerto Rico 26.2

Saint Lucia 25.2

Dominican Republic 25.0

Tanzania 24.5

Sudan 24.2

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 22.9

Ethiopia 22.5

Guinea 22.5

Dominica 22.1

Burundi 21.7

Democratic Republic of the Congo 21.7

Panama 21.6

Brazil 21.0

Equatorial Guinea 20.7

Guinea-Bissau 20.2

Kenya 20.1

Kyrgyzstan 20.1

Cameroon 19.7

Montserrat 19.7

Greenland 19.2

Angola 19.0

Guyana 18.6

Burkina Faso 18.0

Eritrea 17.8

Namibia 17.2

Rwanda 17.1

Mexico 16.9

Chad 15.8

Ghana 15.7

Ecuador 15.2

North Korea 15.2

Benin 15.1

Sierra Leone 14.9

Mauritania 14.7

Botswana 14.5

Zimbabwe 14.3

Gabon 13.8

Nicaragua 13.6

French Guiana 13.3

Papua New Guinea 13.0

Swaziland 12.9

Bermuda 12.3

Comoros 12.2

Nigeria 12.2

Cape Verde 11.6

Grenada 11.5

Paraguay 11.5

Barbados 11.3

Togo 10.9

Gambia 10.8

Peru 10.8

Myanmar 10.2

Russia 10.2

Liberia 10.1

Costa Rica 10.0

Nauru 9.8

Bolivia 8.9

Mozambique 8.8

Kazakhstan 8.8

Senegal 8.7

Turks and Caicos Islands 8.7

Mongolia 8.7

British Virgin Islands 8.6

Cayman Islands 8.4

Seychelles 8.3

Madagascar 8.1

Indonesia 8.1

Mali 8.0

Pakistan 7.8

Moldova 7.5

Kiribati 7.3

Guadeloupe 7.0

Haiti 6.9

Timor-Leste 6.9

Anguilla 6.8

Antigua and Barbuda 6.8

Lithuania 6.6

Uruguay 5.9

Philippines 5.4

Ukraine 5.2

Estonia 5.2

Cuba 5.0

Belarus 4.9

Thailand 4.8

Suriname 4.6

Laos 4.6

Georgia 4.3

Martinique 4.2

And ..............................................

The United States 4.2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL (109) of the countries above America have 100% gun bans. Seems to me the rest of the world may not agree with you.

It might be of interest to note that SWITZERLAND is not shown on the list

As they had 0

However, SWITZERLAND'S law requires that EVERYONE:

1. Own a gun.

2. Maintain Marksman qualifications .... regularly.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I can feel their fear.

Good....very good indeed.

Much like you, I have also noticed an increase in liberal whining about guns. I say let them whine.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Obama----->>>>>> had nothing to do with this.

(I make joke)

Seriously, this is good news. Not news that will be played on MSM networks.

But good news none the less.

That means less people dying which is always a plus in my book.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join